Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked4u2c

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
My iPad Bluetooth Keyboard dock arrived from Japan! First impressions, looks just like a MBP :apple: This thing is really nice, emails will be much more easier to type. I really hated all of the products out there, I was really close to buying the Logitech one but I hate that it's not secured.

I think this is the best dock out there, glad my buddy from Japan was able to get it for me. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:

Nipommu

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
Need info please

Where did you get this from? Website? How much? Thanks I've been looking at logitech but not satisfied.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
That's the best looking one I've seen yet. What's it like to type on, how's the key travel, feel etc?

I was going to order the new one from Zagg or Logitech but this one looks better in photos at least.

japjoe7

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
My iPad Bluetooth Keyboard dock arrived from Japan! First impressions, looks just like a MBP :apple: This thing is really nice, emails will be much more easier to type. I really hated all of the products out there, I was really close to buying the Logitech one but I hate that it's not secured.

I think this is the best dock out there, glad my buddy from Japan was able to get it for me. :D

Wow! They look fantastic!
Whats the specs on that? Any website?

Me too Me too...where did you get this, PM me? :eek:

EDIT: found it, http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/thanko/notebookcase-for-ipad2/&ei=W5W2T8zrEcaWgwf4j4TNCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CGYQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://item.rakuten.co.jp/thanko/notebookcase-for-ipad2/%2523notebookcase-for-ipad2%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D813%26prmd%3Dimvns

http://www.techfresh.net/notebookcase-for-apple-ipad/

Last edited:

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
This is probably a stupid question but does the iPad screen touch the keyboard? From the picture it looks pretty flush.

I am considering this or the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard as well.

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
Me too Me too...where did you get this, PM me? :eek:

Notice that they say on the Japanese webpage that the key pitch is only 16 mm. That's small enough to run the risk of getting carpal tunnel syndrome. A normal keyboard is 19 mm.

andrewy

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
I remember seeing this around a little bit back but that it was iPad 2 only. Is this the same version? I'd really be interested if it was compatible with the iPad 3.

bentwookie2099

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2012
how does the case charge the ipad?

edit: never mind, just read the translation

OP can you post a side profile so we can see how thick it is?

Last edited:

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
That's the best looking one I've seen yet. What's it like to type on, how's the key travel, feel etc? I was going to order the new one from Zagg or Logitech but this one looks better in photos at least.

It looks nice, but if you are looking for Apple, or even Logitech, feel - forget it. It feels like what it is, a plastic shell with a barely adequate keyboard inside. One example, when you tap the 'D' key, the keys on the right side of the keyboard move. They do not type, but they move.

Essentially, it looks a lot nicer than it is.

Wicked4u2c

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
A bunch up for sale on ebay for $59 -- I think I'm going to take the plunge:

ebay link

I think this one is much different from the one I bought, this one seems to be the Chinese copy of it. The one I ordered from Japan cost more money about $85.00 (conversion from Yen) plus air freight. The ones on Ebay are going for $59-$60.00 with FREE SHIPPING! Also, the one I have clearly say's it's 3000mhA Battery where these knock-offs say they are 4000mhA. :rolleyes:

----------

It looks nice, but if you are looking for Apple, or even Logitech, feel - forget it. It feels like what it is, a plastic shell with a barely adequate keyboard inside. One example, when you tap the 'D' key, the keys on the right side of the keyboard move. They do not type, but they move.

Essentially, it looks a lot nicer than it is.

Mine feels very solid, nothing like what your describing, did you buy the Chinese knock-off?

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
They are all generic keyboards. Wholesalers buy them and sell them as generic keyboards or brand them. There may be some slight quality differences but they are poorly made. They sold them at first as "aluminum look" but are not even vacuum formed plastic. They are cheap mold injected plastic.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
mhmm, It looks kind of ugly.

I bought a incase origami case for an Apple bluetooth keyboard, it's a little wider than the iPad itself, but it has the advantage that you have a full-size keyboard. Too bad that apple doesn't have a specific BT iPad keyboard, I have some keys that don't do anything and I would have liked a home button on the keyboard.

Wicked4u2c

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
mhmm, It looks kind of ugly.

I bought a incase origami case for an Apple bluetooth keyboard, it's a little wider than the iPad itself, but it has the advantage that you have a full-size keyboard. Too bad that apple doesn't have a specific BT iPad keyboard, I have some keys that don't do anything and I would have liked a home button on the keyboard.

This keyboard has a home button along with other shortcuts that are useful like adjusting the screen brightness, controlling your music, and other great functions. Now that I jailbroke my iPad I can use it with my Magic Mouse and the experience is phenomenal!

Tophattpatt

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Screen touch

This is probably a stupid question but does the iPad screen touch the keyboard? From the picture it looks pretty flush.

I am considering this or the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard as well.

I got one and it has little rubber white feet in each corner that are glued on ( not very well ) that seem to keep the keyboard from hitting the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.