Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
TotalSpaces is a few days from 1.0 release, beta testing 0.9.9 now between Lion and Mountain Lion. It is FANTASTIC! Works exactly as Spaces did prior to Lion. Some screen shots attached. I use dual displays, support for dual displays is coming in the 1.0 release as well as other features. It's free now, will be $12 for a license. I'm in no way affiliated with the developer, whose original ReSpaceApp was recently bought by BinaryAge, makers of TotalFinder. Kudos to Stephen!

TotalSpaces

Define your grid:
Navigate left, right, up and down between your desktops.

Manage your desktops:
Display an overview of desktops and drag windows between them.

Choose your transitions:
Fully customizable transitions and hotkeys.

Swipe between desktops:
Moving around your grid has never been easier

Hotcorners:
Trigger the overview grid just by moving your mouse.

App assignments:
Keep your apps where you want them. Assign apps to desktops.

Attachments

• TotalSpaces.jpg
    TotalSpaces.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Preferences 5.jpg
    Preferences 5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Preferences 4.jpg
    Preferences 4.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Preferences 3.jpg
    Preferences 3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Preferences.jpg
    Preferences.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 114

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Fan-TASTIC!

Thank you. I note this is the same developer as TotalFinder, another cool product. Doesn't do multiple monitors, but it's on the "to do" list. They also say it's gonna work with Mountain Lion (which is great, but also means Apple will continue at least one lame part of the interface...:mad: ).

Rob

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Fan-TASTIC!

Thank you. I note this is the same developer as TotalFinder, another cool product. Doesn't do multiple monitors, but it's on the "to do" list. They also say it's gonna work with Mountain Lion (which is great, but also means Apple will continue at least one lame part of the interface...:mad: ).

Rob

Been using it with Mountain Lion DP3.1 (ADC member), works perfectly. I've been working with Stephen, the initial developer, bug reporting.

Version .9.9.9 works, I updated to a new released version this morning and caused Mountain Lion's dock to crash in an infinite loop. I reported the crash logs to Stephen. Removing the app, related system files, resetting PRAM, etc. didn't fix it, had to restore from Time Machine backup so be warned if using it with 10.8.

Dual display support is coming, and now that Apple has allowed ungrouping application windows in Mission Control (essentially an "All Windows" Exposé option returned), 10.5/6 Exposé and Spaces should be back with 10.8 :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.