Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
What was Mobile Core Framework For? was it for photos? I'm giving a customer a update for their company app, and I'm just rewriting the whole thing on a new project, and i completely forgot what it was for.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
1. Select the words Mobile Core Framework in your browser.
2. Right-click (secondary-click, secondary tap)
3. Choose "Search with Google" from contextual menu.
4. Read results.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
1. Select the words Mobile Core Framework in your browser.
2. Right-click (secondary-click, secondary tap)
3. Choose "Search with Google" from contextual menu.
4. Read results.

On step 2 my context menu only allowed "Copy".

(Using Mobile Safari on my iPhone.)

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
i did, it said something about photo shop items, i was thinking that it was for when i was trying to implement the camera and photo capturing.

i just don't have time to google and read, seeing them in a couple hours

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I opened Xcode's Organizer, clicked on the documentation, and typed in "Mobile Core Framework" in the search bar. The first result is this:

Mobile Core Services Framework
Introduced in iOS 3.0, the Mobile Core Services framework (MobileCoreServices.framework) defines the low-level types used in Uniform Type Identifiers (UTIs).

For more information about the types defined by this framework, see Uniform Type Identifiers Reference.

As I recall, the times you need to use UTIs is if you're sharing files between applications. You'll need to use UTIs to open files downloaded from Safari or Mail or transferred to the device through iTunes. You'll also need UTIs if you'd like to send data to another app, like Mail or to transferred to a computer through iTunes.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I opened Xcode's Organizer, clicked on the documentation, and typed in "Mobile Core Framework" in the search bar. The first result is this:

As I recall, the times you need to use UTIs is if you're sharing files between applications. You'll need to use UTIs to open files downloaded from Safari or Mail or transferred to the device through iTunes. You'll also need UTIs if you'd like to send data to another app, like Mail or to transferred to a computer through iTunes.

ok thanks, lol they loved the application anyways.

this was my first project so i was nervous, and i wanted to update it with the new features I've been working on, ill just update it before i leave New York.

but thank you, and everyone that has helped. this place is a godsend

kremk

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
@chown33 : I followed your instructions and got here! Now I am inside an infinite loop because of you! :p

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
@chown33 : I followed your instructions and got here! Now I am inside an infinite loop because of you! :p

Search engines (especially search engines that track you) do tend to return results that you've seen before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.