PDA

View Full Version : Note-taking apps reccomendation

iamjrew
May 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Is there a good app out there that allows me to take notes in class on my iPad then view them at home on my Mac? I'm fed up having to trail my MacBook everywhere

wadjj
May 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
Notability might be the best choice if you need write down a lot of details, for sketch and graph only, penultimate would be easier to use and faster.
You can set up dropbox on your mac and notability, it will automatically upload it in pdf foramt.
Beware, it claims it as autosync, but if you edit the pdf(A) on computers the edited version(B) won't be downloaded to ipad, and if you edit the original version(A) on ipad, it(C) will overwrite what you edited on computer(B).
Apart from notablity's functionality, it only costs you 0.99 dollar. All other usable ones cost you 2.99 at least.

Other noteworthy handwriting (some of them support typing too, BTW notablity does ) notetaking apps are, noetsplus, noteshelf and notetaker HD, a lot of people said upad is good as well but I tired the lite version and it sucks on new ipad.

If you only need typing, go with evernote then. Free of the best ones, best of the free ones.

palpatine
May 16, 2012, 10:23 PM
here is a review of handwriting apps in a college environment.
http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/reviewhandwriting.html
note taker hd is recommended, but goodnotes is a free alternative that does a great job producing clean lines.

for typing, anything: plaintext, simplenote, elements, voodoopad, evernote, etc. evernote, though, is quite possibly one of the best apps available on any device these days. and, it is free.

SYale
May 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
If you deal with a lot of PDFs and power points (which you can convert into PDF), I use PDF Expert, and a lot of people use iAnnotate. You can free write, type (best with a BT keyboard), highlight, search, etc. I use it 90% of the time for notes now.

ixodes
May 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
I have three favorite note taking apps. Each is especially useful & different enough, that I use them for different purposes. In no particular order.

1) Catch Notes

2) Simplenote

3) Evernote

All are very effective, free, and the same whether you access them via a Mac or PC.