Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesDP

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
This is gonna sound stupid (however it is somewhat on topic), but I'm a noob on the Mac, and the Help files have been useless: How the heck do you change a program's icon?

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Originally posted by JamesDP
This is gonna sound stupid (however it is somewhat on topic), but I'm a noob on the Mac, and the Help files have been useless: How the heck do you change a program's icon?

first, you download a set of icons. when you find the icon you want, control click it and select "get info" you will see the icon in the upper left corner of the window. if you click it, a blue line will appear around the picture. go to edit>copy. then get the info of the thing you want to change(ie ur hard drive on the desktop) click on its picture in the upper left corner of its info window and go to edit>paste. this should change its icon. hope this helps and isnt too confusing :)

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Heh... well it would be the epitome of foolishness not to at least show myself in this thread... :D

BTW... My avatar is a reduced snapshot from the Apple HAL ad. If you can find that ad online you'll be able to get a pretty good shot from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.