PDA

View Full Version : OSX Lion keeps restoring my deleted files

Woodcrest64
May 16, 2012, 09:59 PM
My wife has OSX Lion and time machine. She said that files that she deletes on her desktop keep getting restored i.e. pictures and docs. She hasn't done a time machine backup since March so I can't see that being an issue. I noticed in the time machine preferences that the document lock option is set for two weeks. Not sure if this is related to it...

I'm not sure what is causing the the issues. Does it have to do with OSX Lion's 'VERSIONS' feature that keeps restoring files?

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance!

robgendreau
May 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
Do you mean if she puts a file in the trash, then empties the trash that the file shows up back on the desktop again?

Rob

gentlefury
May 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
My wife has OSX Lion and time machine. She said that files that she deletes on her desktop keep getting restored i.e. pictures and docs. She hasn't done a time machine backup since March so I can't see that being an issue. I noticed in the time machine preferences that the document lock option is set for two weeks. Not sure if this is related to it...

I'm not sure what is causing the the issues. Does it have to do with OSX Lion's 'VERSIONS' feature that keeps restoring files?

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks in advance!

iCloud stores pics and docs...could be that.