PDA

View Full Version : Moving between magnified windows in app expose

swingerofbirch
May 17, 2012, 10:54 PM
I know a million questions have been asked about Expose in Lion, and I apologize if this has been asked, but I didn't see it.

In Snow Leopard, after invoking App Expose I could magnify a window by pressing the space bar, and then I could move between magnified versions of each window with the left and right arrow. In Lion, using the left and right arrows does nothing.

I often have up to 70 TextEdit documents open at once and the easiest way to find the one I was looking for was to use App Expose in this way.

Just wondering if this still works and it's a glitch on my Mac or if Apple actually took away the ability to move between magnified windows.

Thanks!

robgendreau
May 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
I dunno about Lion/Mission Control; don't know if you can do what you ask.

But I've moved on to DockView. It's very cool: you hover over a dock icon and it shows a big thumbnail of the application's open windows; you entere a command (number) and go to that window, or just click on it. If you move your cursor over the big thumbnail it shows the window in full glory. And you don't have to invoke Mission Control to use it.

I find it also mitigates the lame Spaces in Lion, because now I can move to any window in any space without having to go into Missing Control and guess about what window I'm accessing.

Two thumbs up.

Rob

swingerofbirch
May 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
I dunno about Lion/Mission Control; don't know if you can do what you ask.

But I've moved on to DockView. It's very cool: you hover over a dock icon and it shows a big thumbnail of the application's open windows; you entere a command (number) and go to that window, or just click on it. If you move your cursor over the big thumbnail it shows the window in full glory. And you don't have to invoke Mission Control to use it.

I find it also mitigates the lame Spaces in Lion, because now I can move to any window in any space without having to go into Missing Control and guess about what window I'm accessing.

Two thumbs up.

Rob

I'm giving it a try and I am like it so far. Thanks for the tip. I haven't used Windows Vista/7 but from what I have seen of it in commercials, I think it is similar to this. So far, I like it. But I've only used it a few minutes.