Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
This is a thread for people who would like some constructive feedback on their photos. You may submit a photo once per week (or up to three in a single post, if you have a set of related images). If you would like feedback about something specific (exposure, cropping, processing, etc.), then be sure to include that information.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to offer comments and critiques, regardless of whether or not they have submitted their own photos.

Anyone may re-post this thread after it has expired.

Rich-212

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2010
I'd like to go 1st if that's ok...

I went out with my tripod for a rare evening outing. I was trying to get the reflection in the water - I'd be interested to know what you think.

If the photo is too small - the original can be found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtpalmi/6957792854/in/photostream)

Thanks

R

Attachments

• 6957792854_f033964768_h.jpeg
    6957792854_f033964768_h.jpeg
    778.7 KB · Views: 95

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I'd like to go 1st if that's ok...

I went out with my tripod for a rare evening outing. I was trying to get the reflection in the water - I'd be interested to know what you think.

If the photo is too small - the original can be found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtpalmi/6957792854/in/photostream)

Thanks

R

If you were looking at getting reflection on the water as your objective then you might want to think about framing the picture with the "The Mailbox" at the very top of the frame so that more of the reflection can be seen in the water at the bottom. There is this empty sky at the top and not enough reflection on the bottom of the image. Just a thought. :)

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
^Great detail on the flower, I may have chosen a different coloured background, I find this mix slightly distracting.

Sydney, Australia.

Not sure how I feel about the umbrellas overlapping the bridge, having the bridge "slot in" between the umbrella and palm tree. It breaks the traditional rule of not obstructing key elements.

imgp0447c.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
^Great detail on the flower, I may have chosen a different coloured background, I find this mix slightly distracting.

Sydney, Australia.

Not sure how I feel about the umbrellas overlapping the bridge, having the bridge "slot in" between the umbrella and palm tree. It breaks the traditional rule of not obstructing key elements.

imgp0447c.jpg
Thanks. I agree with the background in my photo but that was the only angle I could get too with this flower.

I like your photo a lot. The tones and textures in the sky and background counter the issues you mentioned. What set-up did you use for this? Any filters?

Dale

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Thanks. I agree with the background in my photo but that was the only angle I could get too with this flower.

I like your photo a lot. The tones and textures in the sky and background counter the issues you mentioned. What set-up did you use for this? Any filters?

Dale

Thanks, IIRC it was a basic setup - K-5, standard 16-45mm lens and tripod.
ISO 80 and RAW for max DR.
I shot this right at the time of equilibrium of light in the "blue hour".

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I shot this right at the time of equilibrium of light in the "blue hour".

Yep... the colours in the pic start to harmonise, bringing the light sources into balance. A nice intimate feel close up, as a counterpoint to the great arch of the bridge beyond. Would look good as a poster I think...

Oracle1729

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2009
A couple of picture I took at a local park area.
flower.jpg

train.jpg

The flower is one of my favourite pictures I've taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.