PDA

View Full Version : Can I Manually Insert A Password In Keychain?

prairiefire
May 18, 2012, 06:01 PM
Here's my problem: I have a new network. All of my computers, iPads, and iPhones -- except my MBP -- were able to log on the first time and save the password to the keychain.

When I tried to do it with the MBP, I got a box that said "Connection Failed" -- but, I was actually logged on. However, the password was never stored.

So, I have to log on every time I start up or after the computer sleeps.

If I log on without the "Remember Password" box checked, I get logged on, without a "connection failed" message.

So, I'm assuming that I have a problem with the keychain. If I don't try to save the password, I get on without a message. If I try to save it, I get on but with the message.

Either way, it's a pain to have to log on in my own home.

I know nothing about the Keychain.

Anyone see a solution?

TIA

Steve

PS. I am running 10.7.3

MisterMe
May 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
(no message)

AndyMoore
May 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
You can find the Keychain application in /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.

Open it up and find your Router, double click it and tick the show password box, then you should be able to enter the password there.

prairiefire
May 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
So, I want to try to add it. Just looked through the key chain and there seems to be a way to add something new -- but I'm not sure how to fill the boxes in the entry window. Not sure what they are asking for.

Is there somewhere where this is explained?

Am I right, that once I enter it manually, I'll be locked in and need not log in each time i start up my computer?

Thanks for the help.

sjh

AndyMoore
May 19, 2012, 04:19 AM
This is not something I've ever encountered myself and as the keychain is so important, I'm loathe to advise any other actions. I just don't know enough about it.

On that note, you could run a verify against your keychain just to make sure it's healthy.

In Keychain Access, select the Keychain Access menu and then select Keychain First Aid. From there you can run a Verify against the keychain.