Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forenziik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
After i downloaded windows 7 on my mac book pro, there is no way for me to convert back to the os x. I tried looking everywhere on windows 7 and my computer and I just can't convert back to the os x. I also tried restarting computer and it launches right back on windows 7. Also I can't eject my disc in the tray for some reason while on windows 7. Please help!

vandersmissenc

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Houston, TX
How to get back

There are a few ways to get back to mac. You can go down to the system tray if you installed the bootcamp utilities and on the little gray diamond, right click and say boot into mac os x. Otherwise, reboot the computer and right when it starts up (I usually do it right before or right at the startup noise) hold down "d" or "alt/option" on the keyboard. Keep it help down and it will bring up a screen with your bootable drives(including usb drives) displayed. You can then use the arrow keys to select the drive you want to boot to, mac or windows, and then hit enter to actually boot. Another cool trick is that if you hold down "c" you will boot to the CD in the drive.

Try that out and let us know how it goes. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.