Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I'm baffled here.

Calendar items, notes and mail are syncing without any problems or delays between my devices (MBP, iCloud website, iPhone and iPad) but contacts are giving me mixed results today.

I deleted some contacts from the iPad and they didn't disappear from the other devices. I gave it time and after 2 hours they were still not deleted on all my devices. Then one of the deleted contacts disappeared from the iPhone, but not from the Mac or the iCloud website. I then created a new contact on the iPhone and it was synced instantly with all the devices but the Mac, it took almost 5 minutes for that the new contact showed on there too. I then edited this new contact on the web and the changes were replicated instantly everywhere.

The deleted contacts on the iPad are still present on all the other devices, the same happens if I delete contacts on the iPhone, this action does not replicate to the other devices.

Have you seen inconsistent replication behavior today with iCloud? Until now the synchronization was working without problems on my devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.