PDA

View Full Version : Hulu Desktop Problem

AnthonyCM
May 19, 2012, 09:41 PM
Until two days ago I had no issues. On Friday, I tried to go to Hulu Desktop on my Mac Mini. All I get is a black screen with a question mark in the middle.

Any help?

nikirino144
May 20, 2012, 06:10 AM
Starting yesterday, whenever I open Hulu Desktop the "Starting" bar runs its course, then fades out, then instead of a video starting or the menu popping up, there is just a black screen.
I've tried reinstalling it, restarting my computer, and just messing around with my security settings. Any suggestions?

Tawmus
May 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
Try enabling / disabling hardware acceleration in flash. That, or just rollback to a previous version of the flash player.

petekrueger
May 27, 2012, 03:43 PM
Try enabling / disabling hardware acceleration in flash. That, or just rollback to a previous version of the flash player.

I tried several versions of Flash Player 11, and none of them worked with Hulu Desktop for my Mac with Intel Core Solo. I had to roll back to Flash Player version 10.3. You can get that here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

TWLII
May 29, 2012, 01:13 AM
I also have had this issue for some time. A few months ago, I updated my Flash and it killed my Hulu Desktop. Black screen only on start-up. Tech support told me to use an older version of Flash. Now that version is becoming problematic, and no longer works with a few sites that I regularly use. So, I reinstalled new Flash only to find out that this issue has not been resolved. Again only have a black screen when I launch Desktop. I am using a Mac-mini as my entertainment hub. Love using the Apple remote to launch Desktop through Understudy in Front Row, and then being able to navigate the menus. Hate using the website. Is there a way to have two running versions of Flash, or some other work around? Thanks.