Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Right im sick of that beachball. I'm gonna buy me a 1 gig stick. Where can I buy some in UK? Should I just get some from USA, with things relatively cheaper there??

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
rossoUK said:
Right im sick of that beachball. I'm gonna buy me a 1 gig stick. Where can I buy some in UK? Should I just get some from USA, with things relatively cheaper there??

crucial , its the same ram as apple use.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Gordy we must think alike mate! I was just about to press submit order when u replied! FREE P&P you cant go wrong! £75 a fair price too!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Gordy said:
crucial , its the same ram as apple use.

Apple doesn't use Crucial brand RAM, Apple uses whoever's RAM is the cheapest to contract: Samsung, Hynix, IBM and Micron are the main players. Micron owns Crucial, yes. Not all Crucial RAM is Micron however, and NO Apple Mac has ever shipped with Crucial brand RAM in it.

It's like saying: Ford owns Volvo, so police departments all over the USA use Volvos.

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
CanadaRAM said:
Apple doesn't use Crucial brand RAM, Apple uses whoever's RAM is the cheapest to contract: Samsung, Hynix, IBM and Micron are the main players. Micron owns Crucial, yes. Not all Crucial RAM is Micron however, and NO Apple Mac has ever shipped with Crucial brand RAM in it.

It's like saying: Ford owns Volvo, so police departments all over the USA use Volvos.

They use micron for most of the shipping macs today and crucial nearly always uses micron ram. Yes not 100% in each case but does it really matter that much..

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Right now then.......I've got my RAM. Slapped it in the mini and its worked perfectly fine. The mini opened up nicely didnt have to try to hard with the scraper.

The service from Crucial has been FANTASTIC. I ordered this yesterday and they posted it FREE. Postage was Royal Mail 1st class Guaranteed! Thats Royal Mail's premier postage method.

I recommend them for anyone in a similar situation to what I was. Oh and before someone posts something, nope I dont work for them! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.