Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Great. Maybe Apple is trying to do us a favor with such spotty Wifi connection.
However i am now 100% with my replacement iPad 3rd gen. I did have a few seconds of lag the other day but it is gone.
So we have microwave ovens , tv's and cellphones also on the list. S news to me. Now Wifi signals. That's just great. What next my refrigerator.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
However i am now 100% with my replacement iPad 3rd gen. I did have a few seconds of lag the other day but it is gone.
So we have microwave ovens , tv's and cellphones also on the list. S news to me. Now Wifi signals. That's just great. What next my refrigerator.

Either you are being funny or ignorant about ionizing radiation.

Did you know you get more harmful radiation from eating a Banana than radio waves and yes WiFi is a radio.

6994146741_fc3c032cbb_o_d.jpg

Last edited:

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
WiFi Radiation Sites

The following sites are of interest on this issue.

http://www.radiationtalk.com/info/wifi_protection.php
http://www.radiationtalk.com/info/wifi_radiation.php

Sitting here at my 20" CRT screen and about a foot from my household
WiFi Cisco router, at age 80, I really don't think I should worry about
this problem a great deal.

But how about my 16 year old grandson toting around his nice new iPad (version 3) 16GB WiFi edition, who also sits here almost daily using
my ancient MacPro G5, or uses his school board supplied MacBook at home and at his high school surrounded by the school's WiFi field, no one measures probably?

Anyone know or have contact with a member of Congress close enough to get them to divert some attention from getting re-elected long enough to initiate an "independent" study of this?

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Kids radiation fears followup

After further glancing around, the best I can find on this is the following:

Based upon extensive peer-reviewed scientific evidence, Health Canada has determined that exposure to low-level RF energy, such as that from Wi-Fi equipment, is not dangerous to children. There is no conclusive evidence of any long-term or cumulative health risks from exposure to low-intensity RF energy. These conclusions are consistent with the findings of other international bodies and regulators, including the World Health Organization, the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the U.K. Health Protection Agency.

Otoh, a quick Google search reveals there as many opinions on this as there
are sands on Pensacola beach.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Either you are being funny or ignorant about ionizing radiation.

Did you know you get more harmful radiation from eating a Banana than radio waves and yes WiFi is a radio.

So i bet you eat them anyway. Smart. There are very young people who cut thier teethwith these devices now instead of rattle toys. Im interested if its going to affect people . Your acceptable levels are not mine.
Relax. I'm only mentioning an article that was iPad related. I'm an Apple fan. 5 current products in my home.
Btw, my wife buys organic only.
Do you really feel your chart is something new? It does not matter what a banana like you tells me about radiation. My opinion is that your not getting out of the room quick enough time after time. And the ionizing radiation is affecting your ability to choose your words when addressing people.

Last edited:

mastsethi

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012

Next is your TV remote. Be careful!

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
So i bet you eat them anyway. Smart. There are very young people who cut thier teethwith these devices now instead of rattle toys. Im interested if its going to affect people . Your acceptable levels are not mine.
Relax. I'm only mentioning an article that was iPad related. I'm an Apple fan. 5 current products in my home.
Do you really feel your chart is something new? It does not matter what a banana like you tells me about radiation. My opinion is that your not getting out of the room quick enough time after time. And the ionizing radiation is affecting your ability to choose your words when addressing people. Ah

This forum is called "iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting", and your post has nothing to do with any of those things.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
This forum is called "iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting", and your post has nothing to do with any of those things.

Tips ,tricks and trouble" shooting". Not trouble"making"
M y o b. nobody needs your useless comments. It's a tip You dip.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011

luckily, we have science precisely so hat we don't have to rely on opinion. And as you've found, the science says it's fine.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Next is your TV remote. Be careful!

I was only playing on the new iPads inability to be reliable via Wifi.
If the article says Wifi has long term health effects than my first new iPad is nothing to concerned with..
Yeah wright , remotes then maybe electric blankets...
Wright a way people got these hard words and comments.
I attracted over zealous preachers wherever I would post. Thought the curse was gone but it's not. This one guy is protective over X-rays. I mean. I invite the contradictive info if it exsists but why start mouthing off with words like ignorant? No need for that. The I get into telling them where to aim the X-ray and get mods involved. Nobody wants that. It's an iPad forum. No need to provoke negative name calling.
I really never thought my original comment about the article would bring out the Apple nazi's. That was not my intention.
Just a quick comment about a little article about wifi , iPads specific.
Next thing ya know the guy is yelling " say hello to my little friend "

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I was only playing on the new iPads inability to be reliable via Wifi.
If the article says Wifi has long term health effects than my first new iPad is nothing to concerned with..
Yeah wright , remotes then maybe electric blankets...
Wright a way people got these hard words and comments.
I attracted over zealous preachers wherever I would post. Thought the curse was gone but it's not. This one guy is protective over X-rays. I mean. I invite the contradictive info if it exsists but why start mouthing off with words like ignorant? No need for that. The I get into telling them where to aim the X-ray and get mods involved. Nobody wants that. It's an iPad forum. No need to provoke negative name calling.
I really never thought my original comment about the article would bring out the Apple nazi's. That was not my intention.
Just a quick comment about a little article about wifi , iPads specific.
Next thing ya know the guy is yelling " say hello to my little friend "

I'm sorry did you say something to me?

I'm over it dude.

Clearly you were being funny and clearly I was being dick.

But still, be careful about spreading misinformation even in jest. As you can tell by my name, I take any kind of radiation seriously.

Lay off guys.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
The following sites are of interest on this issue.

http://www.radiationtalk.com/info/wifi_protection.php
http://www.radiationtalk.com/info/wifi_radiation.php

Sitting here at my 20" CRT screen and about a foot from my household
WiFi Cisco router, at age 80, I really don't think I should worry about
this problem a great deal.

But how about my 16 year old grandson toting around his nice new iPad (version 3) 16GB WiFi edition, who also sits here almost daily using
my ancient MacPro G5, or uses his school board supplied MacBook at home and at his high school surrounded by the school's WiFi field, no one measures probably?

Anyone know or have contact with a member of Congress close enough to get them to divert some attention from getting re-elected long enough to initiate an "independent" study of this?

Those sites are just trying to sell you crap that you don't need by spreading misinformation and FUD.

Have a banana.

----------

Do you really feel your chart is something new? It does not matter what a banana like you tells me about radiation. My opinion is that your not getting out of the room quick enough time after time. And the ionizing radiation is affecting your ability to choose your words when addressing people.

Wow! BTW, you got ionizing radiation while you were typing that post. Time to stop posting.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Those sites are just trying to sell you crap that you don't need by spreading misinformation and FUD.

Have a banana.

----------

Wow! BTW, you got ionizing radiation while you were typing that post. Time to stop posting.

Uh. Ok aggie. Time to stop thinking banana... But is that your recommendation? Have a banana? Stop posting? In that order or are you saying to stop posting and then have a banana? Should it e radiated fruit or organic ?
Aggie my quee, I mean my dear. You seem to have come along at the perfect moment in order to alert and show the shorter term brain damage one might develope Thanks banana girl

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
After further glancing around, the best I can find on this is the following:

Based upon extensive peer-reviewed scientific evidence, Health Canada has determined that exposure to low-level RF energy, such as that from Wi-Fi equipment, is not dangerous to children. There is no conclusive evidence of any long-term or cumulative health risks from exposure to low-intensity RF energy. These conclusions are consistent with the findings of other international bodies and regulators, including the World Health Organization, the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the U.K. Health Protection Agency.

That's actually good to know Will. As I mentioned they are only now starting to see what 15 or 18 years of steady use of these devices can or can not do.
They told us the oil spilled into the gulf last summer was not going to affect the fish , shellfish etc. but we, the people see what it is still doing in many instances. If you find em there's color loss and I'd swear they are not tasting the same. I'm just saying. They tell you it's all good. Forget the oil, just the oil dispersants did more damage than it was worth.
Thanks for an intelligent post. Now I shall move on from ths misinformation fest.

Last edited:

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Should it e radiated fruit or organic ?

There you go again with the misinformation.

There is a natural amount of ionizing radiation in all fruit, be it "Irradiated" or organic. And the type ionizing radiation used to kill microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, or insects on food does not leave any residual radiation behind.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012

There is a natural amount of ionizing radiation in all fruit, be it "Irradiated" or organic. And the type ionizing radiation used to kill microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, or insects on food does not leave any residual radiation behind.

That's really goOd to know. I doubt you correct but go ahead. You enjoy it.

Mikes2pads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012

I can't even figure out what I meant. Whatever the case, don't think irradiated food , bluetooths stuck in your ear 8 hours a day, be it cellphones or laptops, I believe all is not known yet and definitely do not listen to the manufactures.
Take your chances and do things in moderation.
I was just asking anyone about what an article was stating. I was not nor am I in any position to state such information. I will never relay information unless noting the article or its origin. People get to wound up over nothing.
Apple can fight their own battles they don't need any of you. If they make something that's harmful that's their problem but I was originally being humorous by stating if wifi is hazardous my 3rd gen iPad is no threat. The dam thing worked 3% of the time. This second one is kickin but and taking names .
Super fast. It's to bad those lemons ever made it out of China.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

That's really goOd to know. I doubt you correct but go ahead. You enjoy it.

I know this as a fact.

COME ON NOW!!!

Didn't you read my name? XD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.