PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Absinthe v2.0! Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1

Pages : [1] 2

macbookman83
May 20, 2012, 07:41 PM
One of the members of the chronic dev team just posted a video of him using the new absinthe tool that will be used to jailbreak 5.1.1!!

Looks like we will see this out in the next day or so! Who's pumped?

Here's the YouTube link

http://youtu.be/hVO6Xj7Wrnw

Spectrum Abuser
May 20, 2012, 07:46 PM
Still rocking it up on 5.0.1 with my iPhone 4, but it seems I'll be upgrading pretty soon now. ;)

nwmtnbiker
May 20, 2012, 07:46 PM
I had to lay down to watch it:D I'm super excited!!!

macbookman83
May 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
I'm doing my iCloud backup now and will be updating in the next day or two.

My phone fee too naked without the JB lol.

vong
May 20, 2012, 09:23 PM
Well time to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.1!

jsquared
May 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
:cool: patiently waiting to upgrade from 4.something to 5.1.1

T1ckT0ck
May 20, 2012, 09:46 PM
I'm excited for it, I miss my tweaks!

labman
May 20, 2012, 09:57 PM
I for one will be waiting a few days. Usally Cydia has issues the 1st day or two. Also many of the tweaks aren't compatible till after the jailbreak is out. Since many of the Tweak developers aren't on 5.1.1 themselves. So for me patience is a virtue and a smart move. :D

SFC Archer
May 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
labman...I am running 5.1 tethered and the majority of the more popular apps are updated and run fine. 5.1.1 did not change anything that affected apps. The following all work with 5.1:

1. [X] iFile
2. [ ]
3. [X] My3G
4. [X] Gridlock
5. [ ]
6. [X] OpenSSH
7. [X] Dashtweet
8. [X] UniAW 5.0 (Digital_GPS_LS_Low)
9. [X] SBSettings
10. [X] NCSettings
11. [X] PkgBackup
12. [X] SemiTether
13. [X] MultiCleaner
14. [X] WinterBoard
15. [X] Dashboard X
16. [X] Icon Renamer
17. [X] Springtomize2
20. [ ]
21. [ ]
22. [ ]
23. [X] Transparent Status Bar for iOS 4

ryguy2303
May 21, 2012, 12:27 AM
Well time to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.1!

What's the best way to upgrade from JB 5.0.1 to JB 5.1.1?

DerekRod
May 21, 2012, 01:29 AM

http://www.redmondpie.com/backup-restore-cydia-settings-sources-jailbreak-apps-the-easy-way-with-xbackup/

you have to restore but you can back up your jailbroken set up see the link

mphilip
May 21, 2012, 01:38 AM
One of the members of the chronic dev team just posted a video of him using the new absinthe tool that will be used to jailbreak 5.1.1!!

Here's the YouTube link

Am i missing something or the YouTube video just became private :( ?

DerekRod
May 21, 2012, 01:41 AM
Am i missing something or the YouTube video just became private :( ?

Yup its private now its rumored Pod2g is going to release it at Hack In The Box

dhlizard
May 21, 2012, 06:17 AM

iTunes

ihav0frnds
May 21, 2012, 07:02 AM
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).

EngageWithRage
May 21, 2012, 08:16 AM
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).

Does he mean both App Sore and Cydia Apps? Not that I Pirate either, im just curious why he would mention that..

mstruve
May 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
Is this an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S on 5.1.1?

Thanks

Grayburn
May 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
Is this an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S on 5.1.1?

Thanks

It will be yes.

BlueRaider
May 21, 2012, 08:57 AM
[/B]

Does he mean both App Sore and Cydia Apps? Not that I Pirate either, im just curious why he would mention that..

Uh yes, don't pirate apps period. In other words don't add sources in Cydia that allow pirated apps. I hope your just confused and not saying you pirate Cydia Apps

nfl46
So excited about getting us getting our new iPads jailbroken. I am ready for what the new and exciting tweaks for the new iPad.

mstruve
It will be yes.

Cheers.

SFC Archer
May 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
http://www.redmondpie.com/backup-restore-cydia-settings-sources-jailbreak-apps-the-easy-way-with-xbackup/

you have to restore but you can back up your jailbroken set up see the link

Just attempted to load xBackup on my iPhone 4, tethered, iOS 5.1 and it states unable to purchase. It does not support tethered iOS 5.1 or 5.1.1 :( Have to resort to the old cumbersome PkgBackup.

Minhimalism
May 21, 2012, 09:37 AM
Is there going to be a Corona type deal that allows us to make our tethered untethered?

badassdes
May 21, 2012, 09:44 AM
Newbie question about a backup for the next jailbreak:
My 4S is currently jailbroken running 5.0.1 (9A405).
How and what should I need to backup?
I purchased this app --> "PkgBackup". Will be only a matter to sync and backup with iTunes and use the PkgBackup app? :confused:

Thanks

lokerd
May 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
Newbie question about a backup for the next jailbreak:
My 4S is currently jailbroken running 5.0.1 (9A405).
How and what should I need to backup?
I purchased this app --> "PkgBackup". Will be only a matter to sync and backup with iTunes and use the PkgBackup app? :confused:

Thanks

I am also curious...especially on how it handles multiple devices. I.e. I have 3 iPhones, two iPads and one iPod4. I will want to move them all to 5.1.1. They are all current JBed...only one of the iPhones is at 5.1 already. And it was a BOOGER to upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback!

treyjustice
May 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
can't wait to rejailbreak my ipad 2 and 4S!

3bs
May 22, 2012, 09:29 PM

Here's the YouTube link

"This video is private.
Sorry about that."

Is that happening to anyone else?

cclloyd
May 22, 2012, 09:34 PM
Happening to me too.

macbookman83
May 22, 2012, 11:54 PM
The guy tweeted that pod2g "the guy releasing and who found the exploits" asked him to remove the video. The unofficial rumor is that the jailbreak will be released around Friday between 7am-12pm eastern time.

This estimate is to coincide with the jailbreak conference that the chronic dev team will be discussing absinthe and the entire jailbreaking process.

----------

I'm usually on top of all the jbers tweets so I'll post as soon as it is released. :D

djransom
May 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
can't wait to rejailbreak my ipad 2 and 4S!

Same here except I have the new iPad :D

Ashin
May 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Warning to those on 5.0.1

5.1 and 5.1.1 has a weird bug in Safari and Photo, a few others have noticed it on here and the Apple forums, as well as other places online... basically the sensitivity of pinch zooming has changed, sometimes you go to zoom and it barely moves, seems to affect most depending on how hard you press your fingers against the screen.

I'm hoping jailbreakers notice this and fix it with a tweak, after all jailbreakers tend to be smarter and notice these little things

Balibalistic
May 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
man, since i upgraded to 5.1.1 my battery is horrible, and my phone drastically heats up when im on a call, even for only a minute. wtf?

EngageWithRage
May 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
Uh yes, don't pirate apps period. In other words don't add sources in Cydia that allow pirated apps. I hope your just confused and not saying you pirate Cydia Apps

Not sure if English is your second language but nothing of what I said implies that I pirate apps. Besides that, what people do with their phones and their lives is their business, tired of people imposing their self righteous views on everyone else regarding something as trivial as pirating apps.

macbookman83
May 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
p0sixninja leading member of the chronic dev team tweeted this morning that he was putting the final touches on the jailbreak............. we should be seeing this between tomorrow and Friday!!!!!!!

Updates as they come along:D

isoft7
May 23, 2012, 03:01 PM
p0sixninja leading member of the chronic dev team tweeted this morning that he was putting the final touches on the jailbreak............. we should be seeing this between tomorrow and Friday!!!!!!!

Was that a private tweet? I've subscribed to him long ago and don't see this tweet?

Demonface
May 23, 2012, 03:28 PM
Was that a private tweet? I've subscribed to him long ago and don't see this tweet?

I also looked for this tweet and wasnt able to see it.

Dwalls90
May 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
Regardless, either way we know it's around the corner.

Maybe they ran into a hiccup prompting them to withdraw the tweet.

srf4real
May 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
All this means to me is that I am prepared to hunker down without Cydia for a few days. Nice misleading titl3, btw.

drenline
May 23, 2012, 08:22 PM

Pictures or it didnt happen

Demonface
May 23, 2012, 08:22 PM
All this means to me is that I am prepared to hunker down without Cydia for a few days. Nice misleading titl3, btw.

it most likely will happen tommorrow or friday.

GD825
May 23, 2012, 08:55 PM
pod2g ‏@pod2g

OK just added iPad3,3 support to Absinthe thanks to @flawlessfox. Only remains iPad2,4 now but we need the actual device.

1 hour ago

macbookman83
May 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
Pictures or it didnt happen

LMAO you guys are hilarious... those quotes only count when your drunk and cheating on your wife...... He tweeted this morning at around 8-9am Eastern( not sure what time in Holland) that "I'm polishing up the last touches on the jailbreak and was stepping out to get more polish."

I honestly don't hang on the words of these guys nor would I have needed to take a picture of his tweet for proof.

I just went to his page and no longer see the tweet from this morning. He might've deleted it.

Just like the original hacker posted a video on youtube showing absinthe 2.0 but quickly deleted it. It happened but theres no pic but im sure MANY people saw it, SO IT HAPPENED.

drenline
May 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
LMAO you guys are hilarious... those quotes only count when your drunk and cheating on your wife...... He tweeted this morning at around 8-9am Eastern( not sure what time in Holland) that "I'm polishing up the last touches on the jailbreak and was stepping out to get more polish."

I honestly don't hang on the words of these guys nor would I have needed to take a picture of his tweet for proof.

I just went to his page and no longer see the tweet from this morning. He might've deleted it.

Just like the original hacker posted a video on youtube showing absinthe 2.0 but quickly deleted it. It happened but theres no pic but im sure MANY people saw it, SO IT HAPPENED.

If he said it, it would still be on his twitter history.

Therefore, you fail.

thelatinist
May 23, 2012, 10:26 PM
He tweeted this morning at around 8-9am Eastern( not sure what time in Holland) that "I'm polishing up the last touches on the jailbreak and was stepping out to get more polish."

Um...even if he did tweet that, it seems to me to be a joke playing on two meanings of the word polish. I don't think one could conclude anything from it.

mulraven
May 24, 2012, 12:04 AM
He tweeted this morning at around 8-9am Eastern( not sure what time in Holland) that "I'm polishing up the last touches on the jailbreak and was stepping out to get more polish."

Any chance that you might be looking at a fake account? You can see "Hoshua Jill";
http://twitter.com/#!/poisixninja
This is his real account;
http://twitter.com/#!/p0sixninja

Well, I still believe that we will see the new jailbreak by friday. :D

Edit: Pod2g tweeted "Any people of #HITB2012AMS has an iPad2,4? Model number: either MC954 or MC989. Please check in Settings / General / About."
Looks like he is rushing to find an iPad 2 at the HITB event. That might mean he's planning to do the final testing of the tool in Amsterdam and release the jailbreak very very soon, probably at HITB. Just my 2 cents.

kodeman53
May 24, 2012, 03:19 AM
A familiar pattern;

1. Follows the jb team like a teenage groupie.
2. Misinterprets what a jb team member tweets
3. Rushes to MR to start a thread about it

dhlizard
May 24, 2012, 05:43 AM
Any chance that you might be looking at a fake account? You can see "Hoshua Jill";
http://twitter.com/#!/poisixninja
This is his real account;
http://twitter.com/#!/p0sixninja

Well, I still believe that we will see the new jailbreak by friday. :D

Edit: Pod2g tweeted "Any people of #HITB2012AMS has an iPad2,4? Model number: either MC954 or MC989. Please check in Settings / General / About."
Looks like he is rushing to find an iPad 2 at the HITB event. That might mean he's planning to do the final testing of the tool in Amsterdam and release the jailbreak very very soon, probably at HITB. Just my 2 cents.

Very good detective work !
Very embarrassing for the thread starter !

kodeman53
May 24, 2012, 06:15 AM
Agreed!

Some how, I doubt it.

vyas22
May 24, 2012, 06:18 AM
Absinthe 2.0 is getting released tomorrow!

3bs
May 24, 2012, 06:30 AM

Oh?

dhlizard
May 24, 2012, 06:32 AM

That is the rumor.
Only pod2g and the Chronic Team know for sure.

Azzin
May 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
That is the rumor.
Only pod2g and the Chronic Team know for sure.

Looks fairly certain now I'd say....

As of this post, at about 4:45AM EST, it is 10:45AM in Amsterdam where the Hack In The Box conference is currently taking place. Just as pod2g alluded to in a previous post on his blog, it looks like the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will be demonstrated live at the conference, along with its highly awaited released before the conference concludes.

The official Twitter account for the Hack In The Box Security Conference just sent out a tweet confirming “Jailbreak Live” will take place tomorrow, and they are offering special 1-day passes if you happen to be in the area and wish to watch history take place.

What time can you expect to see the untethered jailbreak released in your neck of the woods? We analyze the likely time for the release inside…

SPECIAL @chronicdevteam 1-day passes for #HITB2012AMS @ EUR699! Come see @pod2g @p0sixninja @planetbeing @nikias JAILBREAK LIVE (Pls RT)

— HITBSecConf (@HITBSecConf) May 24, 2012

Since Amsterdam is 6 hours ahead of EST, and each day of the conference appears to be between 09:00~ and 18:00~ hours local time, the earliest we would see a release is at 3AM EST on Friday, May 25th. Interestingly enough, the official agenda for the conference lists actual times that members of the DevTeam and Chronic Dev Team are scheduled to present their work. The odd thing about the agenda, is that it lists the exploit as being for 5.0.1 instead of 5.1.1. This is likely a typo, unless the guys plan to talk about the exploits for the previous untethered jailbreak that happened back in January.

The agenda lists the following times for each presentation:

May 24th

11:30: Evolution of iPhone Baseband Unlocks — MuscleNerd
May 25th

11:30: Corona Jailbreak — Joshua Hill AKA @p0sixninja, Cyril AKA @pod2g, and Nikias Bassen AKA @pimskeks
13:00: Absinthe — Joshua Hill AKA @p0sixninja, Cyril AKA @pod2g, David Wang AKA @planetbeing, and Nikias Bassen AKA @pimskeks
This means the Corona event will start at 5:30AM EST on Friday, May 25th, and the Absinthe event will follow shortly thereafter at 7:00 AM EST. It’s very possible that the jailbreak will be released sometime within that ballpark window. Basically, I’d definitely keep my eyes peeled on Friday morning if I were you.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/tag/jailbreak/

ECUpirate44
May 24, 2012, 06:52 AM
Confirmed for tomorrow!

Azzin
May 24, 2012, 06:54 AM
Confirmed for tomorrow!

"Confirmed" where?

Link?

ECUpirate44
May 24, 2012, 06:55 AM
"Confirmed" where?

Link?

http://modmyi.com/content/7785-absinthe-2-0-ios-5-1-1-untethered-jailbreak-confirmed-release-may-25th.html

Balibalistic
May 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
we gotta wait another whole day..,, maaannnnnn. lol

Walter Bell
May 24, 2012, 07:16 AM
we gotta wait another whole day..,, maaannnnnn. lol

Really? Why complain? One day is nothing. If you can't do it yourself, sit quiet and wait for the people who can to release a tool.

That's one thing people don't realize. You complain that it takes too long, but you would complain a lot more if it bricked your phone. I think the JB team puts the same amount of time and effort into this as apple puts into its devices. To get this high quality service ABSOLUTELY FREE is a very generous thing for them to do.

Balibalistic
May 24, 2012, 07:21 AM
dude.., breath. i was joking around, acting 12. because of my excitement for the upcoming jb. god theres alot of emo's on this forum.

dhlizard
May 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
The live demonstration was confirmed for tomorrow with release following. But we do not know if they will be in rapid succession.

Gix1k
May 24, 2012, 08:02 AM
What's the big diff between 5.01 and 5.1.1 that's making everyone so excited to update?

djransom
May 24, 2012, 08:04 AM
Really? Why complain? One day is nothing. If you can't do it yourself, sit quiet and wait for the people who can to release a tool.

That's one thing people don't realize. You complain that it takes too long, but you would complain a lot more if it bricked your phone. I think the JB team puts the same amount of time and effort into this as apple puts into its devices. To get this high quality service ABSOLUTELY FREE is a very generous thing for them to do.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/djransom/SMH-1.gif

ECUpirate44
May 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
What's the big diff between 5.01 and 5.1.1 that's making everyone so excited to update?

Slight improvements, hopes that the battery life will be better. I'm looking forward to it for a fresh start. There's a lot of crap on my phone from Cydia and it lags sometimes.

johnny hotsauce
May 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
Slight improvements, hopes that the battery life will be better. I'm looking forward to it for a fresh start. There's a lot of crap on my phone from Cydia and it lags sometimes.

The fresh start is the main thing I'm looking forward to.

macbookman83
May 24, 2012, 09:54 AM

Good job! It was a mistake and a believable one because it was RETWEETED by one of the members of the Chronic Dev Team. It's no biggie for me as it should still be released tomorrow.

Not embarrassing at all.

----------

A familiar pattern;

1. Follows the jb team like a teenage groupie.
2. Misinterprets what a jb team member tweets
3. Rushes to MR to start a thread about it

1. As a NOOB you shouldn't even be allowed to post in my presence(:cool: Kayne face).
2. This is a rumors site so of course!!!
3. See #2 and that's what 95% of the posts are on this site.

My advice get your posts up before you try to come at the big boys........

btw I'd advise anyone looking to keep their sources and apps on cydia to buy xbackup works like a charm!

ECUpirate44
May 24, 2012, 11:15 AM
The fresh start is the main thing I'm looking forward to.

It's gonna take all freaking day to put everything back on though. Not looking forward to that lol.

Vctr
May 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Akil.

kodeman53
May 24, 2012, 12:56 PM

Yes, I forgot, post count = wisdom. For example, someone with a lot of posts wouldn't start a thread like this. Oh, wait a minute. :rolleyes:

ECUpirate44
May 24, 2012, 01:02 PM

Thank you for your service :rolleyes:

macbookman83
May 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hi Akil.

Hi Victor!

----------

Thank you for your service :rolleyes:

Thanks for appreciating.

On Sunday I get promoted to Captain :):rolleyes::D

No bad blood Kodeman53....... I'm just saying the vast majority of posts/blogs pertaining to apple products are rumors, hearsay, and guesses. Isn't that part of the fun anyway? :)

isoft7
May 24, 2012, 01:23 PM
"Come at me bros." -macbookman83

Sunsean
May 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
So jb noob question: I'm on a jb ip4 running 5.1 redsnOw tethered, what is the appropriate sequence to get to the new untethered 5.1.1 jb? Should I upgrade to 5.1.1 via iTunes, losing the jb, and then use the new tool to re-jb after updating? And then use this "xbackup" to restore my cydia sources/tweaks? Thanks for any guidance, this is my first jb software upgrade haha

Edit: xbackup is optional correct? I mainly jailbroke so I could edit mms apn settings for my straight talk service, but once I was jb I added a few tweaks, figured why not, but literally only a few. For me it might just be easier to manually re-add them I think, right?

kalirob99
May 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
Personally, I prefer to restore then jailbreak. Its not needed, but I don't transfer over my text messages. I do save the files for it though. As for Cydia, I just reinstall all that manually. But I don't like to trust programs; or subconsciously I'm a glutton for punishment lol.

Gix1k
May 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
It's gonna take all freaking day to put everything back on though. Not looking forward to that lol.

I dont even know what all I have installed, but I use it. A fresh start is NOT what I want.

Sunsean
May 24, 2012, 02:39 PM
Personally, I prefer to restore then jailbreak. Its not needed, but I don't transfer over my text messages. I do save the files for it though. As for Cydia, I just reinstall all that manually. But I don't like to trust programs; or subconsciously I'm a glutton for punishment lol.

when you say "restore" do you mean upgrading iOS or simply restoring to stock? Thanks for clarifying!

bobright
May 24, 2012, 04:17 PM
now is the time id say to write all cydia apps down backup phone contacts etc

nfl46
May 24, 2012, 04:29 PM

Lol, same here. I am doing that now. :(

RobT
May 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Any way to stop badges from showing up for the Settings app when the update after 5.1.1 comes out?

For example , I install 5.1.1 and jailbreak with Absinthe 2. Then Apple releases 5.x or iOS 6. Any way to have settings not display the red badge showing there is an uninstalled update if I choose to stay at 5.1.1 to keep the jailbreak?

macsrcool1234
May 24, 2012, 06:48 PM

It's not just the updat that people are waiting on....some people could have purchased their phones with the new version of IOS or wait to JB their iPad 3.

hch3psa
May 24, 2012, 06:56 PM
Any way to stop badges from showing up for the Settings app when the update after 5.1.1 comes out?

For example , I install 5.1.1 and jailbreak with Absinthe 2. Then Apple releases 5.x or iOS 6. Any way to have settings not display the red badge showing there is an uninstalled update if I choose to stay at 5.1.1 to keep the jailbreak?

Springtomize 2 for iOS 5. You can shut off badges by app.

swordfish5736
May 24, 2012, 07:03 PM

Lol, same here. I am doing that now. :(

i used to do this...pkgbackup or another cydia app like it is your friend.

i use pkgbackup and it backups all my cydia crap to dropbox. Makes life much easier

fullmanfullninj
May 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
If this update can fix the text message sound/vibrate issue I'm all for it -.-

My phone no longer vibrates or sounds properly when I receive a message. It tries to play the tone too many times, which throws the vibrate off so my phone just goes crazy lol.

Have to respring like twice a day to get it to go away :(

Looking forward to finally jailbreaking my iPad though!

ECUpirate44
May 24, 2012, 08:59 PM
If this update can fix the text message sound/vibrate issue I'm all for it -.-

My phone no longer vibrates or sounds properly when I receive a message. It tries to play the tone too many times, which throws the vibrate off so my phone just goes crazy lol.

Have to respring like twice a day to get it to go away :(

Wow I thought I was the only one with this issue. Good to see I'm not alone. I have a feeling a restore will fix some of the problems.

chrf097
May 24, 2012, 09:03 PM

Don't forget some of us who bought our iPhone 4S/4/iPad/iPod touch and it came with 5.1/5.1.1!

applemagic123
May 24, 2012, 09:12 PM
Will this work with iphone 4 on 5.1?? I purchased mine factory unlocked already on 5.1. I do NOT want to update to 5.1.1 with all the talk about horrible battery consumption and other weird things going on with 5.1.1. Thanks.

Spectrum Abuser
May 24, 2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, I forgot, post count = wisdom. For example, someone with a lot of posts wouldn't start a thread like this. Oh, wait a minute. :rolleyes:

He doesn't even have a lot of posts to be saying that. :rolleyes:

treyjustice
May 24, 2012, 10:37 PM
Will this work with iphone 4 on 5.1?? I purchased mine factory unlocked already on 5.1. I do NOT want to update to 5.1.1 with all the talk about horrible battery consumption and other weird things going on with 5.1.1. Thanks.

only 5.1.1

applemagic123
May 24, 2012, 11:08 PM
only 5.1.1

Is there going to be an untethered jailbreak for 5.1 that is not from absinthe? I don't want to update to 5.1.1 because of all the talk about horrible battery consumption and s%&t and screen brightness and other bugs and glitches.

I was jailbroken and unlocked on a 2g iPhone running 3.1.3 and JUST got a factory unlocked iphone 4 and it's driving me insane that I don't have sbsettings. Bugs me to have to go into settings to do anything.

BumpyFlatline
May 24, 2012, 11:10 PM
only 5.1.1

I thought only the A5(X) devices had to be on 5.1.1 for the absinthe untether but A4 devices could be untethered on 5.1? Correct me if I'm wrong please. I don't want to spread misinformation.

kalirob99
May 25, 2012, 01:59 AM
when you say "restore" do you mean upgrading iOS or simply restoring to stock? Thanks for clarifying!

Restoring to stock. I prefer the iOS version a clean slate when jailbreaking it.

HickDead
May 25, 2012, 02:36 AM
My 4S was running a little sluggish so I updated to 5.1.1 via iTunes and restored as NEW. Installed all of my Apple apps, configured settings and the only thing left is to re-jailbreak and re-install my Cydia apps (about 10 or so).

I'm anxiously waiting for Absinthe 2.0!!!

nwmtnbiker
May 25, 2012, 02:45 AM
I just finished doing exactly the same thing. Wonder what apple thinks with everybody and their cousin restoring today... I'm sure they know lol!

HickDead
May 25, 2012, 02:58 AM
I just finished doing exactly the same thing. Wonder what apple thinks with everybody and their cousin restoring today... I'm sure they know lol!

LOL....you know someone in Cupertino is probably wondering why their servers are very "active" in the past 24 hours.

Release it already!!!! I've been on stock for a couple of hours and I'm already missing my JB apps/tweaks.

JB = waking up next to Kate Upton
Stock = waking up next to Betty White

:D

Andrew83Ga
May 25, 2012, 03:34 AM
I have an unlocked (from ATT) iPhone 4 currently with 5.1.1. It's backed up on iCloud, but I don't think it is on my computer. I see everyone saying that they are restoring, but I restored maybe, 3 weeks ago. Do I need to do all of that again? Is it required for the jailbreak or will I just be able to install the jailbreak when it's released? I seem to remember the previous times I jailbroke (did it sometimes over the years, but never been a big into it), unless I was interested in a custom ipsw, a restore wasn't required, but I could be mistaken.

So if I do in fact need to restore, do I do it now? Will I have to do it again to complete the jailbreak after it's downloaded?

thanks and sorry if this has already been answered in various posts on this thread. I grazed through but was in a bit of a rush.

THanks

NoName94
May 25, 2012, 04:02 AM
No, you don't have to restore. :)

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 06:51 AM
http://greenpois0n.com/ is currently down...

HeyGreggie
May 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
So hOw many foLks have updated and since lost jailbreak in anticipation

greyman
May 25, 2012, 07:28 AM
Sites up and the jailbreak is ready!

Qoo
May 25, 2012, 07:29 AM
http://greenpois0n.com/

Hurry up guys!!!!

Flipt
May 25, 2012, 07:34 AM
File downloaded, but I need to wait till I get home to do it!!!

d3v1l.cr0
May 25, 2012, 07:37 AM
What is the easiest way to backup contacts, photos/videos, and messages?

I'd like to keep those, but everything else I wanna get rid of (tweaks, apps), so what do I have to do? What is the exact procedure?

If someone can explain everything I would be very thankful!

ECUpirate44
iPad 3 jailbroken :D

-spoke too soon. twice i've gotten hmm something went wrong and then it just recovers.:(

shavermcspud
Works like a charm, Restored in anticipation this morning.
all done, happy days.

Sedrick
It's live I see..

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 07:43 AM
Just upgrading to 5.1.1.

cfairbank
May 25, 2012, 07:44 AM
Waiting for process to complete. Can't Wait!!!!!!!

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
Waiting for process to complete. Can't Wait!!!!!!!

I've been stuck there twice only to have it fail on me :rolleyes:

johnny hotsauce
May 25, 2012, 07:47 AM
Glad to see this released, have fun everyone with your JB bliss! We have some great devs on our side.

Now to just remember to save my blobs this time around ;)

nednarm
May 25, 2012, 07:50 AM
I've been stuck there twice only to have it fail on me :rolleyes:

Yeah I keep getting this too. On my third attempt now...

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah I keep getting this too. On my third attempt now...

4th attempt on different computer. I have a feeling we're going to need Absinthe 2.0.1...

nednarm
May 25, 2012, 07:55 AM
For those that have successfully JB'd -
did you restore to factory settings before hand?
what device are you using?
what computer are you using?

I'm trying to think of other variables that may cause the error message...

jt999
May 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
I get the same error message every time.

iPhone 4/Restored to factory settings/Mac 10.7

nfl46
May 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
Worked fine on all my devices. I did a fresh restore for all of them, just so I know I'm starting clean.

djransom
May 25, 2012, 08:02 AM
I will be jailbreaking both my iPad and iPhone this afternoon as soon as I get home.

ECUpirate44
Restoring the iPad 3 again and going to give it another shot.

cfairbank
4th attempt on different computer. I have a feeling we're going to need Absinthe 2.0.1...

Same here!

robots3humans0
Mine keeps hanging on "waiting for reboot". Phone never reboots.

Edit: Using a 4S.

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:04 AM
Anyone successfully jailbreak an iPad 3?

nednarm
May 25, 2012, 08:05 AM
Worked fine on all my devices. I did a fresh restore for all of them, just so I know I'm starting clean.

Did you restore via connecting to itunes or erasing all data and settings on the device itself?

jps1012
May 25, 2012, 08:07 AM
Should I update my iphone 4, and iphone 4s to 5.1.1 from 5.1 before doing the JB?

jredecop
May 25, 2012, 08:08 AM
i keep getting this error also, doing a full blown restore through iTunes and I will update. I had previously erased all settings and content through my iPhone.

nednarm
May 25, 2012, 08:09 AM
i keep getting this error also, doing a full blown restore through iTunes and I will update. I had previously erased all settings and content through my iPhone.

Yep, that's what I'm doing now. Doing a clean install through itunes, I reckon that should fix the issue.

shavermcspud
May 25, 2012, 08:11 AM
Firstly I did an update to 5.1.1 from 5.01 on 4s and the Jailbreak worked fine.

But then decided a complete restore was a good idea as I had two white icons, Mail & Safari even though the applications worked.

Seems to work from fresh restore and upraded ios

DS3
May 25, 2012, 08:12 AM
My iPad 3 got a "could not connect to breakdown" error. Or something like that anyway.

Trying it again, if it fails I guess Ill have to do do the restore stuff which is a pain.

Balibalistic
May 25, 2012, 08:13 AM
success!!! first try on my mac.

ddublu
May 25, 2012, 08:13 AM
If I didnt do a fresh wipe after a backup and then JB is it possible to do a fresh install? Can I just wipe the device after JB and restore from back up just before JB? That step totally slipped my mind.

Aidoneus
May 25, 2012, 08:14 AM
Absinthe.app refuses to open for me on 10.8. It appears to be being blocked by Gatekeeper, even though Gatekeeper is set to allow all apps.

Mazda 3s
May 25, 2012, 08:15 AM
Not working on my iPad 3. It says that the process is completed, but there's no Cydia icon.

jredecop
May 25, 2012, 08:15 AM
Fresh wipe worked the first time! Maybe we shouldn't do the erase all data on iPhone thing.

nednarm
May 25, 2012, 08:16 AM
Fixed the error message! Make sure you restore with itunes and then try the jailbreak! Restoring on the device itself seems to cause issues!

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:16 AM
Fresh wipe worked the first time! Maybe we shouldn't do the erase all data on iPhone thing.

Thats what i'm thinking even though that was what was suggested in the read me file. Waiting for iTunes to download 5.1.1 here :rolleyes:

bmms8
May 25, 2012, 08:18 AM
Absinthe.app refuses to open for me on 10.8. It appears to be being blocked by Gatekeeper, even though Gatekeeper is set to allow all apps.

i think ill have the same issue, any work around? I'm finishing up on 5.1.1 now so I've lost my previous JB at this point

Dwalls90
May 25, 2012, 08:21 AM
Nevermind finally got it

Europa13
May 25, 2012, 08:23 AM

I've gotten the same error four times in a row on my Mac.

jredecop
May 25, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thats what i'm thinking even though that was what was suggested in the read me file. Waiting for iTunes to download 5.1.1 here :rolleyes:

I'm doing a restore from backup now, didn't feel like doing a full fresh reset up this time. I did that about a week ago. I'm doubting I'll still be jailbroken still once this is done, since I wasn't jailbroken before I did the backup...anyone have any experience on this? This is what was mentioned in the jailbreak instructions but the wipe all data thing doesn't work either.

Edit, stayed jailbroken.

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:26 AM
I've gotten the same error four times in a row on my Mac.

I'm in the process of doing a complete fresh restore through iTunes. I'll post back if that works.

CrAkD
May 25, 2012, 08:28 AM
Whoooo can't wait to get my new iPad back in my icade with emulators when I get home from work.

Netherscourge
May 25, 2012, 08:28 AM
Should I update my iphone 4, and iphone 4s to 5.1.1 from 5.1 before doing the JB?

You HAVE to - the Jailbreak is designed to exploit iOS 5.1.1, not 5.1.

(So far as I understand it)

From the Greenpoison site:

This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY and is again one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use (so easy your grandma could do it ;D)

If you are on 5.0.1 or 5.1, upgrade to 5.1.1 first - THEN run the Jailbreak.

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:29 AM

You are correct. You must update to 5.1.1

jps1012
May 25, 2012, 08:30 AM

Thanks!!!

jt999
May 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
I get the same error message every time.

iPhone 4/Restored to factory settings/Mac 10.7

Did another fresh restore from iTunes.
Jailbreak went through.

jredecop
May 25, 2012, 08:31 AM
I'm in the process of doing a complete fresh restore through iTunes. I'll post back if that works.

It does, I posted this a few posts back.

nfl46
May 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
Did you restore via connecting to itunes or erasing all data and settings on the device itself?

Through iTunes.

Pushkar
May 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
For those on 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview like me, try running the 10.5 or 10.6 version in terminal. The app loads fine and it's jailbreaking now.

bmms8
May 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
For those on 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview like me, try running the 10.5 or 10.6 version in terminal. The app loads fine and it's jailbreaking now.

can you please post exactly what you typed into terminal? thanks!

jps1012
Is there a guide for must download Cydia Apps?

JasonBare

How do you do that?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Pushkar
May 25, 2012, 08:37 AM
can you please post exactly what you typed into terminal? thanks!

Mount it up, and then open terminal and paste the below:

/Volumes/Absinthe\ 2.0/Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe-10.6

Good luck! :D

Edit: Got my iPad 2 jailbroken first time!, time for my iPhone 4S.

engelke2010
May 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
Not working for me either. Keep getting a cannot connect error or the program just crashes. I'll have to wait until I get home from work and do a clean restore then try again.

CandyNJ66
May 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
My iPad 3 is my computer, so no JB for me sadly. I wish it was through the browser

jredecop
May 25, 2012, 08:39 AM
Anyone here try doing the jailbreak with restoring or erasing all content and settings?

kodeman53
May 25, 2012, 08:40 AM
Is there a guide for must download Cydia Apps?

There are plenty of threads on this topic. It'd be nice to keep this thread about the new jailbreak. :rolleyes:

supremas
May 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
Tried "Erase All Content and Settings" then Absinthe 2.0 severel times with no luck... it failed (and recovered each time).

Used "Restore" in iTunes, configured as a new phone with a dummy name and waited untill iTunes was finshed syncing with the phone.
Closed iTunes, started Absinthe 2.0 and jailbreak was successful :)

Restarted iTunes and restored from previous backup.

iPhone 4 (GSM) - Windows 7 (64 bit)

davejsb
May 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
I'm on the third attempt. Trying to do a restore through iTunes this time as opposed to clearing the settings using the phone. Hope that works....

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:44 AM
Anyone here try doing the jailbreak with restoring or erasing all content and settings?

I wouldn't do it that way, restore through iTunes first.

----------

Guess i'll play some COD while I wait for iTunes to download 5.1.1. This day never goes as planned lol.

Mdifilm
May 25, 2012, 08:44 AM
I am having the same problem, stucked at process to complete... forth attempt.

Followed the instruction from the file and all, nothing... :(

Mazda 3s
May 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
I've tried everything include erase all data and I still can't jailbreak my iPad 3 Wi-Fi. Like before, it says everything is complete, but still no Cydia icon.

The Tos
I downloand absinthe and got it all ready to go, plugged my phone in and it doesnt recognize my phone is connected. i do not have itunes or anything installed on this computer if that matters. Windows knows the phone is connected. Just not absinthe. thoughts?

macbookman83
My iPad 3 is my computer, so no JB for me sadly. I wish it was through the browser

Goto a friends/familys house or work computer

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:46 AM
I am having the same problem, stucked at process to complete... forth attempt.

Followed the instruction from the file and all, nothing... :(

I've tried everything include erase all data and I still can't jailbreak my iPad 3 Wi-Fi. Like before, it says everything is complete, but still no Cydia icon.

Restore through iTunes.

Europa13
May 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Fixed the error message! Make sure you restore with itunes and then try the jailbreak! Restoring on the device itself seems to cause issues!

Thanks! That fixed it for me as well. :)

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
If I didnt do a fresh wipe after a backup and then JB is it possible to do a fresh install? Can I just wipe the device after JB and restore from back up just before JB? That step totally slipped my mind.

Follow the instructions.

ddublu
May 25, 2012, 08:52 AM
I did a fresh wipe and then ran the JB tool followed by a restore....nothing looks different. What's up with that?

davejsb
Yup that worked. A restore through iTunes is the way to do it people.

hackthatphone
Absinthe 2.0 FAIL for me. Never reboots, when done manually then complains it can't connect to lockdownd and aborted.

Waiting for version 2.0.3 or so.

Yeah I freshly restored via itunes to 5.1.1.

Mazda 3s
May 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Restore through iTunes.

I'm confused by what you mean? Shouldn't the Cydia icon pop up right after it says the process is complete?

I did all that, and am in the process of restoring and still no Cydia icon. All my other apps are loading back just fine now.

Munkypoo7
May 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Restore to 5.1.1 through iTunes first people, then run Absinthe 2.0 and jailbreak :)

Mazda 3s
May 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
I did a fresh wipe and then ran the JB tool followed by a restore....nothing looks different. What's up with that?

Same thing here.

appleboyy
May 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
my Cydias bringing a host unreachable error up now :(

ivinz
May 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
Can anyone give me the link to download Absinthe 2.0 for mac.. what ever link I get seems to be broken or down.. thanks in advance

GaresTaylan
Mount it up, and then open terminal and paste the below:

/Volumes/Absinthe\ 2.0/Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe-10.6

Good luck! :D

Edit: Got my iPad 2 jailbroken first time!, time for my iPhone 4S.

Tried this on 10.8. Not working for me. I get:

"Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)"

kodeman53

This is normal for a first day jb. The Cydia servers are getting hammered.

pittguy578
I finally figured out where it extracted to...I tried it three times...I keep on getting an Abinsthe Stopped Working Error Message..
Any idea how to fix this?

macbookman83
May 25, 2012, 08:56 AM
What is the easiest way to backup contacts, photos/videos, and messages?

I'd like to keep those, but everything else I wanna get rid of (tweaks, apps), so what do I have to do? What is the exact procedure?

If someone can explain everything I would be very thankful!

The easiest way is to do an itunes backup or icloud backup.

All of you contacts/photos/videos/message/apps will be backed up.

nfl46

Its because of everyone trying to launch Cydia at the same time and load repos. Thousands upon thousands of people.

jredecop
I wouldn't do it that way, restore through iTunes first.

----------

Guess i'll play some COD while I wait for iTunes to download 5.1.1. This day never goes as planned lol.

i just plugged in my iPad without a restore or erasing all settings from the phone settings menu and it took like 3 minutes and done! much better than the 30 mins spent on my phone.

kodeman53
Can anyone give me the link to download Absinthe 2.0 for mac.. what ever link I get seems to be broken or down.. thanks in advance

https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-mac-2.0.dmg?attredirects=0

DS3
Yup restore through iTunes worked form e. Going to take a hour to reinstall everything but I see cydia so all is well.

ryan102
May 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
No problems here with my iPhone4. Didn't restore or anything, just ran Absinthe and installed. Runs fine, no issues

dlmart2
May 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
my iOS 5.1.1 update keeps timing out. Must be overloaded.

ivinz
May 25, 2012, 08:58 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/greenpois0nabsinthe/absinthe-mac-2.0.dmg?attredirects=0

Thank you very much.. That worked like a charm

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 08:58 AM

Thats just because of the heavy traffic. It will subside.

Pushkar
May 25, 2012, 08:59 AM

Try changing it to 10.5 Absinthe instead, just out of curiosity - does your device have a passcode? You might want to type it in then re-try.

GaresTaylan
May 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
Try changing it to 10.5 Absinthe instead, just out of curiosity - does your device have a passcode? You might want to type it in then re-try.

No passcode, same error. I guess ill have to find a Windows machine.

Mdifilm
May 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks! this worked for me on my iphone 4s with mac!

Tried "Erase All Content and Settings" then Absinthe 2.0 severel times with no luck... it failed (and recovered each time).

Used "Restore" in iTunes, configured as a new phone with a dummy name and waited untill iTunes was finshed syncing with the phone.

jredecop
May 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
No problems here with my iPhone4. Didn't restore or anything, just ran Absinthe and installed. Runs fine, no issues

Yup i went through that other mess with my iPhone but did it this way on my iPad, much better.

Satnam1989
May 25, 2012, 09:05 AM
Guys can I do OTA from 5.0.1 Jailbroken to iOS 5.1.1 and then Jailbreak via Absentine 2.0? please advise because I have ~22GB of data...dont want to back up, restore and jailbreak then restore again:(

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
I have followed the guide step by step, i am stuck on ' waiting to comlete ', nothing is happening though.

GaresTaylan
May 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
I have followed the guide step by step, i am stuck on ' waiting to comlete ', nothing is happening though.

Mine sat there for about 5 minutes or so. It eventually failed.

hackthatphone
May 25, 2012, 09:09 AM

10.7.4 getting the same error. Guessing they didn't test on factory unlocked phones? Glad I can roll back...

No pass code here.

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 09:09 AM

Restore through iTunes, we're all have issues with erasing all content and settings.

zeko
May 25, 2012, 09:10 AM
im having a issue here. I upgraded to 5.1.1 while preserving my baseband 2.10.04, once i jailbreak it with redsnow, and then just boot tethered. When i open Absinthe , it says the device is not supported. Its a iphone 4.

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
Yea, this doesn't work for me. :confused:

----------

Restore through iTunes, we're all have issues with erasing all content and settings.

Restore? - shift and right click? choose ispw and then rejailbreak?

Satnam1989
May 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
Guys can I do OTA from 5.0.1 Jailbroken to iOS 5.1.1 and then Jailbreak via Absentine 2.0? please advise because I have ~22GB of data...dont want to back up, restore and jailbreak then restore again

CTBC
May 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
I restored my iPad using iTunes and then used Absinthe and it worked. Just go to iTunes, click on device then restore (or shift restore and select 5.1.1 firmware, if already downloaded firmware) then use Absinthe when restore is complete.

Dwalls90
May 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Guys can I do OTA from 5.0.1 Jailbroken to iOS 5.1.1 and then Jailbreak via Absentine 2.0? please advise because I have ~22GB of data...dont want to back up, restore and jailbreak then restore again

In my opinion, it's unwise to go from a jailbroken firmware to an OTA update to jailbreak again. I think you're better off just DFU restoring to 5.1.1 to erase the prior JB and then rejailbreaking.

But as long as you're backed up, why not give it a shot? Worst case you can defer to the above.

Dropkangoo
May 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hi guys, i am currently running JB 5.0.1, do i really need to jailbreak to 5.1.1 ?
What are the major improvements apart from te battery life? If i do it should i wait a fews days for better compability ?
Thx

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 09:16 AM

----------

Right or just hit restore. 5.1.1 is the latest firmware.

Satnam1989
May 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
In my opinion, it's unwise to go from a jailbroken firmware to an OTA update to jailbreak again. I think you're better off just DFU restoring to 5.1.1 to erase the prior JB and then rejailbreaking.

But as long as you're backed up, why not give it a shot? Worst case you can defer to the above.

thanks I'm afraid of bricking my phone thats why I was asking:(

ECUpirate44

Very slim chance that happens.

GaresTaylan
Can confirm that restore through itunes is what fixed the issues for me in my 4S and 3rd gen iPad. Used Windows 7 to do the jailbreak as I couldnt get Absinthe to run on 10.8.

Candurin
May 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Can confirm that restore through itunes is what fixed the issues for me in my 4S and 3rd gen iPad. Used Windows 7 to do the jailbreak as I couldnt get Absinthe to run on 10.8.

Same here... Had to do a full restore on both devices via iTunes. But I am using 10.7.4 with no issues.

r1ngx
May 25, 2012, 09:23 AM
Not working for me iPad3 AT&T Mac 10.7.4 ...

completing process.. something wrong trying to recover.. recovered. if you would like to try again, unplug.. etc.

jsquared
May 25, 2012, 09:25 AM
Working and watching the comments roll in. I'll be ready in a few hours to go home and finally update from 4.2.something to 5.1.1 which won't be a quick process, I'm sure.

Will my iP4 be unlockable with this JB?

zeko
May 25, 2012, 09:26 AM

----------

What I did to fix the issue is downloading rocky racoon untether right after i jailbreak using redsnow. It worked for me, without using absinthe.

Peanut207
May 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
Not working for me iPad3 AT&T Mac 10.7.4 ...

completing process.. something wrong trying to recover.. recovered. if you would like to try again, unplug.. etc.

Getting the same thing. Tried 3 times with iPhone4s and get this message...

"Something seems to have gone wrong...trying to recover. Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in".

Mystic Eddy
Does anybody have any mirrors for the Windows download? I'm getting a page view limit exceeded when I try to access the file.

S13eric
Im having issues with my iPad, always getting error codes when trying to install.

"some index files failed to download" etc

MastahRiz
May 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Any way to preserve a baseband for A5 devices before updating and rejailbreaking? Thanks.

comatose81
May 25, 2012, 09:33 AM
Getting ERROR: Could not connect to lockdownd. Aborting

This is after restoring from iTunes in Windows. Going to try in Mac OSX 10.7 now.

EDIT: When I tried on OSX it said that untether was detected, and Cydia was on my springboard. Weird!

ZipZap
May 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'll throw this out there....for those using tiny umbrella.....

Are you sure you are pointing to apple's servers?

I seem to remember this as an issue before.

CTBC
May 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
If you get this error: "Something seems to have gone wrong...trying to recover. Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in", or similar.

Then,
1. Restore iDevice using iTunes - Go to iTunes, click on iDevice on the left then restore (or shift restore and select 5.1.1 firmware, if you have already downloaded firmware).
2. After restore is complete, click on the iDevice on the left and make sure it connects to iTunes store.
3. Load up Absinthe and click jailbreak.

bedifferent
May 25, 2012, 09:36 AM
Awesome news! :)

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 09:37 AM
Right or just hit restore. 5.1.1 is the latest firmware.

Yeah, thats what i did previously. I am now stock 5.1.1 but Absinthe just hangs.

1.I upgraded t 5.1.1 from 5.0.1 via itunes on my win x64 machine
2.did a complete wipe and reset all settings
3.ran absinthe ( got nowhere )
4.I am now at stock 5.1.1 with no jailbreak

djransom
May 25, 2012, 09:37 AM
Was able to jailbreak my iPhone at work via my PC. I will do my iPad on my Mac when I get home this afternoon.

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah, thats what i did previously. I am now stock 5.1.1 but Absinthe just hangs.

1.I upgraded t 5.1.1 from 5.0.1 via itunes on my win x64 machine
2.did a complete wipe and reset all settings
3.ran absinthe ( got nowhere )
4.I am now at stock 5.1.1 with no jailbreak

Thats strange considering you did a full wipe. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but try a restore again lol. Maybe on a different computer.

bmms8
May 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
If you get this error: "Something seems to have gone wrong...trying to recover. Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in", or similar.

Then,
1. Restore iPad using iTunes -Go to iTunes, click on device then restore (or shift restore and select 5.1.1 firmware, if already downloaded firmware).
2. After restore is complete, click on the device on the left and make sure it connects to iTunes store.
3. Load up Absinthe and click jailbreak.

worked perfectly, thanks!

masterlopezz
May 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
is working with the new iPad??

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 09:45 AM

Yes, as long as you do a full restore.

zeko
May 25, 2012, 09:46 AM

yes it works on the new ipad firmware 5.1.1 not 5.1. Just make sure you upgrade before using absinthe

ckurt25
May 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
Erase / Reset and set up as new phone worked. Weird thing was I already had 5.1.1 for weeks on my phone. It was plugged into the computer and iTunes was open when it rebooted and it downloaded 5.1.1 and re-installed. After that I re-ran Absinthe and it worked.

justinwebb
May 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
worked for me the first time and I was half asleep when doing it, not sure how you kids cant get it to work

Jedii
May 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
Gave up trying, i'll wait for 2.0.1 :rolleyes:

Zcott
May 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
Worked fine on my iPhone 4S, but it took about 20 minutes.

The Tos
May 25, 2012, 09:58 AM
I keep getting the something may have gone wrong error. Even after erasing all settings and content.

comatose81
May 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
I keep getting the something may have gone wrong error. Even after erasing all settings and content.

Restore in iTunes, not on the phone.

PsstGreek
May 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
Just did the jailbreak break on my iPad. Easy and painless. Doing the 4S next.

Satnam1989
May 25, 2012, 10:03 AM
Successfully restored and then jailbroke with absentin 2.0 jus minutes ago on iPhone 4S 5.1.1 Factory Unlocked

bbplayer5
May 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
Mine doesnt seem to do anything :\ Clean 5.1.1 install, 10.7.4 OS. Runs through and says if I wanna try again, click jailbreak.

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
Jailbroke my iPad, but I can't do anything because Cydia is getting hammered.

bmms8
May 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
big boss repo isn't showing any apps? maybe its down?

PsstGreek
May 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
4S was successful. I did a backup, but no need to restore back to it. The jailbreak didn't remove my camera roll.

justinwebb
May 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
Jailbroke my iPad, but I can't do anything because Cydia is getting hammered.

yea same here cant even add any repos they all just seem to time out :(

Polo2883
May 25, 2012, 10:16 AM
Backed up my 4s. Upgraded to 5.1.1 then ran the jailbreak with no problems. Everything is back running the way it was.

oli356
May 25, 2012, 10:17 AM
yea same here cant even add any repos they all just seem to time out :(
Same.. PITA oh well. Hopefuly it will be better in a few hours.

Shockwave78
May 25, 2012, 10:17 AM
I keep getting mobilsubstrate errors when trying to install cydia apps?

PsstGreek
May 25, 2012, 10:18 AM
I keep getting mobilsubstrate errors when trying to install cydia apps?

The Cydia servers are getting hammered by users. Give it a few hours and everything would be back to normal.

EngageWithRage
iPhone 4s 5.1.1 is now jailbroken, i did this from a clean restore after restoring all my data from iCloud. Thanks Dev Team, I will be donating when I leave work.

ECUpirate44
Wow resprings are super quick.

Shockwave78
May 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
The Cydia servers are getting hammered by users. Give it a few hours and everything would be back to normal.

thats what i figured, instead of going to manage my account and install from there i tried searching them all out manual and it works that way.

justinwebb
May 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
I've now jailbroken 14 devices here at work lol, all seem to go quite well. Plus I am getting paid my salary to sit here and do this.

Dwalls90
May 25, 2012, 10:21 AM

Lol no fear that won't happen. Can't remember last time someone did that without doing some real hardcore hacking to the bootloader/baseband/ect.

If you just ran mods through cydia you're fine!

joshwithachance
May 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
I just jailbroke both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 within 10 minutes. Now getting Cydia to work... that's another story aha.

spartanrob
May 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
Upgraded 4S to 5.1.1 and JB, no issues except my folders are gone. Should I have done a restore then JB? will that restore my folders and icon alignment?

PrayForDeath
May 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
I have 40GBs worth of apps on my iPad 3, and luckily I successfully managed to JB my iPad 3 WiFi without restoring from iTunes (woulda been a major hassle to reinstall everything). Here's what I did:

First I deactivated the passcode. Then I ran Absinthe 2.0 from my Win7 machine. After clicking the jailbreak button, it hung there for like 8 mins 1/4 through the bar, then I got an error saying "application has stopped working". In other words, Absinthe crashed. In the meantime, nothing changed on the iPad screen. It remained on the homescreen.

I closed it, right clicked on the Absinthe icon, went to properties, and checked the Windows XP compatibility mode and Run As Administrator. I fired it up again, and at first it said that the JB has previously failed on the device. It proceeded to recover the files and clear up the previous JB, then it started over. It took like 12 mins, and eventually the iPad restarted, and I was greeted by a Cydia icon on the springboard :)

jmorgan76
May 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
Absinthe servers must be slammed... Download taking forever..:(

DaveOP
May 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
Jailbroke a 4S extremely easily on my MacBook Pro. Having similar issues to others with apps not updating and the store not showing results. I'll try again in a few hours when things slow down, but thanks for the help getting it done :)

ECUpirate44
May 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
Once you get going, Cydia on the iPad 3 is great. The iPad cuts through it like butter.

Tokes Green
May 25, 2012, 10:32 AM

Same story with me - followed this and it worked first time, thanks.

Mortalias
May 25, 2012, 10:35 AM
Anyone tried it on iPhone 4 yet? This will be my first time jailbreaking so I'm a little nervous :p

Kyotoma
May 25, 2012, 10:35 AM
I've now jailbroken 14 devices here at work lol, all seem to go quite well. Plus I am getting paid my salary to sit here and do this.

I want your job. Haha.