Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sycowell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
hi, i just bought a new macbook pro 15" a few weeks ago,
with OS X Lion 10.7.2.

but the problem is i don't have iLife (iphoto, imovie, garageband) which is supposed to come with my MBP.
i've checked the app store. i googled it that you only need to click "accept" to install the ilife apps. but i don't have that kind of thing. instead, i have to 'purchase' it.

what is actually wrong?? i am so frustrated bc of this. :(

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
If this MacBookPro is a brand new sealed one directly from Apple, then it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. If you bought the Mac second hand, then you will most likely have to buy iLife yourself.

sycowell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Go into the app store, it should let you download them.

sadly, it can't. i have to 'Buy App'.

just wondering, what if the reseller (from which i bought my MBP) can't fix this?
do i have to bring it to the real Apple store and ask them to install the apps free for me? or do i have to ask the reseller to take responsibility??

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
sadly, it can't. i have to 'Buy App'.

just wondering, what if the reseller (from which i bought my MBP) can't fix this?
do i have to bring it to the real Apple store and ask them to install the apps free for me? or do i have to ask the reseller to take responsibility??

I don't know that I'd even bother with a reseller. I suggest calling Apple directly and let them help you over the phone. A reseller probably doesn't have any way of helping you with that.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.