Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
I have got the latest lion and safari with adblocker installed, for some sites surfing safari is hogging cpu and some websites got slower to completely open.

i did not encounter a similar problem with older versions, is this issue related with the newest version thus everyone has the same headache or is it particularly for my mbp ?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
CPU or ram? I have safari open all the time and CPU reads 0% when idle and only 50% (of 1 core out of 8) when active. And the memory leak that used to fill up ram until it locked up your system was resolved in the latest round of updates. Are you sure you have the latest safari/OSX 10.7.4?

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
iits the cpu being hogged, have no problems in terms of ram usage. Its heating up my mbp so fans work faster and lounder which i am trying to avoid since fan noise makes me sick

----------

iits the cpu being hogged, have no problems in terms of ram usage. Its heating up my mbp so fans work faster and lounder which i am trying to avoid since fan noise makes me sick

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
I had a similar problem with Safari 5.1.7 and Snow leopard on my older 2007 iMac but not my early 2011 MBP.

I basically did nothing and it sorted itself out, but it took a few days.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
there should be something wrong, might be a plugin or extension malfunction.

For example i cant use search function on fizy.com flash seems problematic though i am using the latest version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.