Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeteJames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
England
I have tried to explore all the menus and sub menus and can't for the life of me do this find how to do this one simple thing.

In photoshop you can go to view/screen mode and choose from fullscreen mode or fullscreen with menu bar? I need this but can't find it anywhere. Is it possible?

Also what are the shortcuts for entering and exiting these fullscreen modes?

Thanks

lucidmedia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Blending modes have yet to be implemented in the browser. This is not a dreamweaver problem, its a limitation with how web browsers display images. Adobe's web platform team has proposed the addition of blend modes via a css property, but I am sure it will be stuck in committee for a while.

In the meantime, you can do blend mode transformations within an HTML5 canvas element and there are a few javascript libraries (like pixastic) that will give you this ability, but it would mean less dream-weavering and more hand-coding.

I have tried to explore all the menus and sub menus and can't for the life of me do this find how to do this one simple thing.

In photoshop you can go to view/screen mode and choose from fullscreen mode or fullscreen with menu bar? I need this but can't find it anywhere. Is it possible?

Also what are the shortcuts for entering and exiting these fullscreen modes?

Thanks

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
About the best you can do is use the Application Frame and them maximize the window to take up the whole screen. It's not the same full screen you get in Photoshop, however.

It would be nice if the UI across the CS would be more consistent. You now have the dark UI in Photoshop and Illustrator, but InDesign is still the older light look. Photoshop by default is using an Application Frame, but Illustrator does not.

Certainly I understand different teams are working on each program, but it would be nice if the UI would have a more unified look.

The dark UI is really nice. It helps quite a bit with eyestrain for me.

PeteJames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
England
Thanks for letting me know. It's a shame you can't. I see Dreamweaver CS6 is out - is that any different from CS5 in relation to this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.