PDA

View Full Version : the Download folder?

lukester
May 22, 2012, 06:50 AM
When you download files, programs and once they are installed, do you keep those files in your Download folder for a backup or do you delete them?

My folder is getting full of lots of downloaded stuff, thinking about cleaning house.. thoughts?

Mal
May 22, 2012, 08:07 AM
I delete them, unless I won't be able to redownload them, in which case I have a folder called "Installers" that I store them in. You don't need them once the program has been installed, and usually you can redownload if you ever need to reinstall.

jW

user418
May 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
I'll leave them in the download folder for a week or two in case for some strange reason I need them again. I know I could delete and download again but since it's there already I can save myself some time if the need arose. There are never more than maybe 7-8 at one time in my case.

matrix07
May 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
I put them in a folder and when it's big enough I burn them on DVD (I know I'm old school :()

Komentra
May 23, 2012, 08:05 AM
I am OCD about keeping as much free hard drive space as possible. A good program that you can find on the App Store is called Spacie (Link (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spacie/id445413014?mt=12)).

It just gives you a nice overview of where most of your space is being used. There may be some free options I am unaware of but this was pretty cheap and does exactly what I want. It may just be what you want for "cleaning house". :)