Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
From Yahoo:

If it helps sell records, it can't be that bad, right?

That's apparently what
Sheryl Crow wants fans to believe when they see her all over television and print ads hawking Dell computers in the coming months.

The Austin-based computer giant has announced a Texas-sized marketing deal with the "If It Makes You Happy" singer, based around Dell's Media Center PCs.

Beginning next week, Crow will star in print, television and Internet ads, in addition to appearing in catalogs and newspaper inserts for the world's largest PC manufacturer.

Link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050712..._lxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Angelus520

macrumors regular
May 22, 2003
Chicago
What's up with her? Wasn't she in one of the magazines hanging all over Steve when Apple unveiled the iTunes Music Store in 2003? Then last year she did that stupid airline promotion for Sony. Now in 2005, it's Dell.

I think she's a good artist but this sequence proves her loyalty can be bought for a good price.

What's she going to do with Lance after he wins his 7th tour in the next few weeks and retires? Latch onto the next big money guy?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I used to love sheryl crow. Then a couple years ago, she got a facelift and a tit job. (ok, i've argued this, but clearly she did). She also seems to have lost about 30 IQ points at that time. I've pretty much hated everything she's done since then, this included.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Yea, I know. Now she might have her own Dell DJ

Farello said the company is considering expanding its deal with Crow to possibly include Yahoo!'s MusicMatch digital music service or to have her music come preloaded on a Dell DJ portable music playe

She went from iTunes and the iPod to now MusicMatch and the Dell DJ.

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
Angelus520 said:
What's she going to do with Lance after he wins his 7th tour in the next few weeks and retires? Latch onto the next big money guy?
<embarassed> I'd say more like medium money, but yeah, we're talking...mostly we're exchanging email right now at this time...through her website.

She hasn't answered directly with a "Yes" or "No" yet, but whenever I send an email to her professing my love, she always responds right away with an email back. Something like, you know, "Thank you for your response!"...and you don't have to be a genious to figure out what, "Thank you" and, "!" in the same sentence means.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2005
Heh, when I read the title I was thinking Crow T. Robot.

Wonder what computer the Satellite of Love uses?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
MongoTheGeek said:
:)

Hey this is a free country. If she wants to stop whoring her talent(?) to Apple because she got a better deal from Dell, more power to her.

I agree. She's earning a living.

...and doing it much better than most of us. :eek:

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
MongoTheGeek said:
:)

Hey this is a free country. If she wants to stop whoring her talent(?) to Apple because she got a better deal from Dell, more power to her.

Sure, more creativeless whores hired by the creativeless suits at MEGAMARKETINGUSTODEATH LTD., can't see the harm in that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.