PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Mind Mapping app that links to pdf on iPad? (Researcher motivated)

oeufcoque
May 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I am new around although I have been using these boards for quite a while before going on spending money on apps I don't need.

My question is pretty much on the title: Is there a Mind Mapping app that links to pdf on iPad?

Seems MindNote Pro can do that (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mindnode-free/id402397683?mt=12) I actually got the idea from them but again its *PRO* that does that (macbook version), I want one for iPad.

My motivation is simple if you are a researcher or is interested why would I bother on this: I am working on my master thesis now, and I have a macbook pro, an iphone 3S and just got an iPad third generation. I noticed some people just iPad just for fun, but some blog posts lost on google actually called my attention that having these 3 apple devices together could maximize my productivity.

So one of my currently ideas on a good combination for helping me on this is would be having PDF Expert (which among iAnnotations,GoodReader and Papers I ended up deciding on) for making annotations on the papers I read, and switch back to a MindMapping tool such as MindNotes PRO, link back to the paper and add the ideas referring to that paper. That way I could easily browse back for chunk of ideas and if required I could just go in from the mind map to the paper where my hand annotations are.

The mind mapping as a result would make extremely easy for me after few months on finding the paper that links back to certain ideas (and not just authors like Latex) without having me to write the whole concept or copy pasting everything all the time.

MindNotes and PDF Expert have dropbox linking so everything would be on the cloud or easily shared among my advisors and such.

-- thanks!

oeufcoque
May 30, 2012, 02:02 AM
Sort of surprised there was no answer for this question despite being almost 700 views.

epicmar
May 30, 2012, 11:48 AM
I could not find that capability in iThoughtsHD.

steveoc
May 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
I checked MagicalPad--No go. I don't think I've seen any comparable behavior in any sort of app. I wonder if this is possible in iOS.

I certainly see the utility in such.