PDA

View Full Version : BinaryAge Bought ReSpaceApp, Now TotalSpaces, Fantastic!

bedifferent
May 23, 2012, 04:25 AM
I've posted this once before, but some don't know of the development with bringing 10.5/6 "Spaces" to 10.7 and 10.8. The developer of ReSpaceApp, Stephen, has been working hard. BinaryAge bought his ReSpaceApp a month ago, same company as TotalFinder, and renamed it TotalSpaces (http://totalspaces.binaryage.com).

It's on version 0.9.9 (major changes in the past month), very stable. I've been using it on Lion and Mountain Lion. It's fantastic, still in beta so it's free (will be $12 for license once v1.0 and can be used on as many Mac's as you own). It has about everything 10.5/6 Spaces offered:

- Assign apps to desktops in preferences just as before (no need for M.C. to move to the desktop you want, right click on app in dock, assign it, then repeat for every app)

- Support for full screen apps

- Easily move windows around from desktop to desktop w/o leaving Spaces unlike M.C. (a mistakenly moved window requires leaving M.C., reentering to the window desktop, then dragging it to the correct desktop)

- Windows can be moved as before by "pushing" them to the edge of your desktop to the next one

- Moving windows circulates to the next row of desktops (desktop 4 from desktop 3 unlike horizontal spaces in 10.7)

- Hot corner assignment(s)

...and much more, check out the site for features.

Coming Soon:

- Support for multiple displays

- "All Windows" Exposť (planned but as 10.8 now allows ungrouping windows in "Mission Control" for an "All Windows" Exposť may be passed on.

- More multi-gesture support

- Improved grid

*I'm in no way affiliated with the developer or BinaryAge, just one of many OS X users who have been clamoring for 10.5/6 "Spaces" in 10.7 and 10.8. :)

Phechs
May 24, 2012, 12:54 AM
a good app, getting better constantly. I'm sooo glad I found this one too :-)