PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest version of Lion?

Sdahe
May 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hello

Is the latest version of Lion working good?... I'm reading a few threads about Lion and it's like 50/50. Some like it and some don't. I would like to know how is Lion working as of today.. How is the latest version doing?

Michaelgtrusa
May 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
The current version is 10.7.4. 

Mr. Retrofire
May 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hello

Is the latest version of Lion working good?... I'm reading a few threads about Lion and it's like 50/50. Some like it and some don't. I would like to know how is Lion working as of today.. How is the latest version doing?
Wait for the final version of Mountain Lion, if you use Snow Leopard/Leopard. ML is less buggy and much faster. It has also a new architecture for newer graphics cards.

Sdahe
May 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
Wait for the final version of Mountain Lion, if you use Snow Leopard/Leopard. ML is less buggy and much faster. It has also a new architecture for newer graphics cards.

Yes but I don't know if it will run smooth in my MBP... I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009). That's why I'm considering installing Lion in this MBP

chevalier433
May 23, 2012, 12:44 PM

You don't know that...its still in developer preview edition

Sdahe
May 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
Anyway... is Lion good to go now?... I mean, can I install it and feel calm?.. hahahaha... you know what I mean. I don't want to regret it and come back to SL again.

Mr. Retrofire
May 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
You don't know that...its still in developer preview edition
It is not important what i know or what i do not know. My opinion regarding ML is not only my opinion.

Drew017
May 23, 2012, 01:48 PM
Lion is great! I just installed it about 3 weeks ago and I haven't looked back! It even works fine with 2GB of RAM on my MacBook. You may just want to wait until ML comes out though, since it will only be a few months.

chevalier433
May 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
It is not important what i know or what i do not know. My opinion regarding ML is not only my opinion.
It's important because a lot of people watch the forum and you can't say something that you don't have proοfs.When Mountain Lion release compare the two OS and tell us your conclusions.

Sdahe
May 23, 2012, 02:39 PM
The current version is 10.7.4. 

When is the next update out?

Comeagain?
May 23, 2012, 02:40 PM

No one knows but Apple.

Mr. Retrofire
May 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
It's important because a lot of people watch the forum and you can't say something that you don't have proοfs.
I can always say anything, as long as i do not violate my NDA regarding ML. If you want a proof, download ML from Apples Developer Connection (ADC) server or use google.

When Mountain Lion release compare the two OS and tell us your conclusions.
I do never what you want. You should know that. If you have further problems with a certain user like me, report the posts to a forum moderator (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Moderation_FAQ#How_do_I_report_a_post.3F), and wait for the reaction. Thank you very much! For me this is the end of the discussion.

Sdahe
May 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
Relax guys... this is just a forum!

chevalier433
May 24, 2012, 12:21 AM
I can always say anything, as long as i do not violate my NDA regarding ML. If you want a proof, download ML from Apples Developer Connection (ADC) server or use google.

I already have...340579

chevalier433
May 24, 2012, 12:26 AM
[QUOTEI do never what you want. You should know that. If you have further problems with a certain user like me, report the posts to a forum moderator (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Moderation_FAQ#How_do_I_report_a_post.3F), and wait for the reaction. Thank you very much! For me this is the end of the discussion.[/QUOTE]

Relax nothing personal or any kind of problem with you here just a friendly advice not to misleading people about something that you don't have proof as a pro user i had problems with lion ML it look promising but is too early for conclusions of that kind.Happy Mac computing:).

Michaelgtrusa
May 24, 2012, 06:07 AM

I see at least one more before 10.8.

heisenberg123
May 24, 2012, 07:02 AM
Hello

you right some dont like Lion, but not everyone who does like it writes a thread about it so you 50/50 is not accurate.

Sdahe
May 24, 2012, 08:09 AM
I already have...340579
How did you get 10.8?

----------

I did a clean install of Lion yesterday and so far.. is running smooth. Very fast.

chevalier433
May 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
How did you get 10.8?

----------

I did a clean install of Lion yesterday and so far.. is running smooth. Very fast.

As all people did development account

----------

I see at least one more before 10.8.

Maybe after Mountain Lion..

Sdahe
May 24, 2012, 09:33 PM
It's so funny how I get a -1 for asking :confused:

maflynn
May 25, 2012, 05:41 AM

I suspect that 10.7.4 may be the last update for Lion, as apple stated that Mountain Lion is due out in the summer (late summer I think they said)

At this point Lion is very solid and good OS, Mountain Lion is just in beta, and so its not recommended using it as your main OS and many people choose to wait after the initial release to discern the stability of the OS, i.e., not being on the bleeding edge.

If you want to upgrade, I think Lion is the safest and best choice

wrldwzrd89
May 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
I suspect that 10.7.4 may be the last update for Lion, as apple stated that Mountain Lion is due out in the summer (late summer I think they said)

At this point Lion is very solid and good OS, Mountain Lion is just in beta, and so its not recommended using it as your main OS and many people choose to wait after the initial release to discern the stability of the OS, i.e., not being on the bleeding edge.

If you want to upgrade, I think Lion is the safest and best choice
Lion is MUCH more stable than it was when initially released. In fact, I started recommending upgrading after the 10.7.3 update fiasco was resolved. 10.7.4 just makes Lion better still. One of the things I like a lot about Lion is that, since the 10.7.2 update, Safari updates no longer require a reboot to install! :D