PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Creating Form/Window From DataModel

KieferThomas
May 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
Hello All,

I have been looking for the: New Core Data Interface wizard. Which was in Xcode 3.xx. I had found a video tutorial of how to create a data model & place it into the main window of an application project but the Xcode version which was being used was from the 3.xx flavor.

I have been looking through Xcode 4.3.2 for invoking this wizard and I have not been able to find it or any reference to it for Interface Builder.

Could anyone tell me how I go about doing this as it was in Xcode 3.xx...?

Thanks in advance,
Kiefer

ArtOfWarfare
May 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
I'm not terribly knowledgable when it comes to Core Data, but I'll tell you two things:

1 - "Interface Builder" no longer exists. The tasks that it performed when Xcode was in version 3.xx have been moved directly into Xcode 4. Click on any nib/xib file in Xcode 4 and it'll open an interface that's basically the same as Interface Builder's. (Similarly, Core Data's modeling is done directly in Xcode 4, but I think it was done that way in Xcode 3, as well.)

2 - What video are you watching? If you ever have a source you're trying to learn from, it helps if you can give a link to the source (or in the event that it's a book, provide the title, author, publisher, and edition.)

KieferThomas
May 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hey ArtOfWarfare,

This is the link to the video I watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jliPE2Z6DnY

I am not sure if this is still even possible to do with Xcode 4.3.2 as I have not been able to find any reference to it.

The video clearly shows the newly created data model from the library being dropped on the form and deciding what type of layout is wanted then finishing the up with the over all usable layout on the main window...

Thanks,
Kiefer