PDA

View Full Version : Launchpad doesn't remember app-placement

ahjdp
May 23, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hi

In my launchpad on my MacBook with OS X Lion, the apps in launchpad will not stay in the sorting I have made. When I restart my computer, the apps are placed the old way.

I'm pretty new in Mac-world, so any help would be nice :-)

Regards Dennis

fisherking
May 23, 2012, 03:28 PM
searching this forum is a good place to start, there are threads about this..;)

check out launchpad-control (try macupdate.com), but i'd suggest reading some threads here first about launchpad, and it's quirky behavior...

ahjdp
May 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
searching this forum is a good place to start, there are threads about this..;)

check out launchpad-control (try macupdate.com), but i'd suggest reading some threads here first about launchpad, and it's quirky behavior...

Thanks a'lot. Searching of launchpad-control helped. :)

Simplicated
May 24, 2012, 02:50 PM
It's a bug that Apple has never bothered to fix. Launchpad-Control does not fix it. Whenever it starts messing up, a complete rebuild of the arrangement database is necessary.

Believe it or not, as of 10.8, the OS X version in development, still hasn't got this fixed.

fisherking
May 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
It's a bug that Apple has never bothered to fix. Launchpad-Control does not fix it. Whenever it starts messing up, a complete rebuild of the arrangement database is necessary.

Believe it or not, as of 10.8, the OS X version in development, still hasn't got this fixed.

if my launchpad icons get messed up (and they do sometimes), i reload the database of my launchpad-control backup, and am back in business.

apple needs to offer some options, control, over launchpad. 10.9? sigh...

ellaimac
May 26, 2012, 07:43 AM
:apple: has automatically set launchpad to ABC order, at least thats whats happening to me...