Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
My prayers go out to the family and friends of Evan Hunter. May you rest in peace. Thank you for writing the Ed McBain novels. If it weren't for you we would not have such awesome shows as "NYPD Blue." :(

tooflets

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2004
currently Sol-3
Ho Hum

Everybody dies - no one gets out of here alive. The world would be a lot better if people paid more attention to the living than the dead.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
tooflets said:
Everybody dies - no one gets out of here alive. The world would be a lot better if people paid more attention to the living than the dead.
Then start a few threads about who's still alive. :rolleyes:

The point here is to pay respect to those who have had an impact on our lives, which is an important part of our society in general.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
tooflets said:

I think that we pay plenty of attention to the living. It's just nice to pay respect to individuals that have given a lot back to society. ;)

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
tooflets said:
Everybody dies - no one gets out of here alive.

Hmm... and your point? Well, anyways, this brings up an interesting thought. It has been suggested by some futurists that there are people alive today who may never die. Never is a long time...

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
pubwvj said:
It has been suggested by some futurists that there are people alive today who may never die. Never is a long time...

For some reason, I don't think this will ever happen. Sorry, I just dont... :eek:

llama

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.