PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Messenger client App.

mycompuser
May 24, 2012, 07:37 AM
All,

I have a requirement that I need to develop an facebook messenger client application using Xcode for MAC.
At startup, the UI must comprise of login page where the user has to provide facebook credentials to login.
Upon logging in, using the client/app, the user must be able to write on his wall and chat with other online friends.

I found a similar app developed for Windows at this link (http://startingpixel.blogspot.in/p/software.html).

Could you guys guide me as to how I go about approach this problem.

Thanks & Regards.

ArtOfWarfare
May 24, 2012, 12:24 PM
Two questions:
1 - Can you narrow down your problem at all? How much programming experience do you have?
2 - Have you looked at Facebook's developer pages? I know when I want to integrate a website or app with Facebook that's always the first place I look.

mycompuser
May 25, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hi,
I have about 2 yrs of exp in programming cocoa using Xcode. I am more of a application developer. Not that familiar with webview development using xcode though I Know some basic stuff.

Yes, I did go through the facebook developer site in brief.

But what I thought was, it was much easier to understand and relate to and replicate if I had an xcode application as an reference, hence this thread.