PDA

View Full Version : Does Acrobat Pro X work with Lion?

Garoolgan
May 26, 2012, 06:20 AM
Can anyone honestly tell me that they can scan and use Acrobat X Pro with Lion?

I've just had to migrate to a new Lion MacBook Pro and my old Acrobat Pro CS3 = 8 will not scan. I've a confirmation from Canon (CanoScan 5600F) that this is the case.

Before I order Acobat X Pro which I'd prefer simply because I'm used to using it, I'd really like to know whether it will work. If I get some positive answers I'll do a free trial first!

Also can anyone recommend any other .pdf programs that will let me scan, insert & delete pages etc?

My scanner works on Image Capture.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Garoolgan

MisterMe
May 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
Can anyone honestly tell me that they can scan and use Acrobat X Pro with Lion?

...I have no idea what your agenda is, but Adobe X Pro works fine under Lion. Perhaps your problems with you scanner related to how you installed your scanner driver or how you installed the obsolete version of Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro that you are currently using. It is, afterall, a six-year-old application. It is my understanding that Acrobat 8 Pro is a Universal Binary application. It is possible, however, that parts of it rely on Rosetta. But the answer to your question is that Adobe Acrobat X Pro works fine under Lion.

BTW, Image Capture scans to PDF just fine. Also, it scans faster than Adobe Acrobat.

Garoolgan
May 27, 2012, 03:08 AM
Thanks for your reply (But the answer to your question is that Adobe Acrobat X Pro works fine under Lion.) Mister Me.

I'd been reading all the negative opinions of Acrobat X and before even trying the free trial I thought that I'd ask the straight out question.

Garoolgan