Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhankey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2012
I have a Microsoft DVD, OEM System Builder Pack WIN HOME PREMIUM 7 SP1 64BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP. Fry's assured me that it will install on my Macbook Pro. The Boot Camp (BC) installation left me with a blank screen and a blinking curser (or not), or a blue line along the top but no display, or just blank and frozen. Using the Win7 DVD install I was able to get farther, but could not initiate the BC Driver setup.exe since windows would not boot without the install DVD, or complete the installation. Command line would not execute the driver setup either. I got as far as "Setup Services blah blah, but installation would not complete due to some system error (no error code) Using the Win7 install program, I could not execute the driver install from the BC Driver download, on a USB drive, a downloaded CD or the Mac OSX install DVD (I can only start Win7 with the Win7 install disc, and have no way to eject it there after). in the Win7 install pgm I browsed the BC driver folder and found many, many cryptic driver files, totalaling about 18GB! OK, so I went ahead and installed all of them, but still Win7 would not boot up. There are literally thousands of drivers on the download, and I cannot match any filenames with any system devices on my Mac. Is there any way to identify which drivers are compatible with my system? Did I miss something? WTH! :confused:

Last edited:

rhankey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2012
Issues Solved, thanks anyway.

The problem seemed to be lack of patience, and the propensity for the computer to simply freeze for it's own reasons. After many, many attempts I finally broke through the corrupt file barrier (I don't know why, I didn't do anything new), and now have Win 7 up and running with Boot Camp. So the Builder's Pack from Microsoft will install, but use the Win 7 DVD installation program, not Mac Boot Camp Windows install. Boot Camp installation never got past the corrupt file freze up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.