PDA

View Full Version : how to open this

pectin232
May 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
Move the com.apple.Image_Capture.plist and com.apple.ImageCaptureApp.plist files out of your /Library/Preferences/ folder onto the Desktop, restart, and launch Image Capture.

Only com.apple.Image_Capture.plist was present in that directory, but I moved that, rebooted the Macbook, and found that Image Capture was now back to normal.

where is this folder located on my macbook Air??? I am having problems with the image capture and iPhoto and as it used to open my phone automatically to upload photos to iPhotos but it stopped doing so.. someone at Apple support suggested doing this... please help

Weaselboy
May 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Those two plist files should both be in /Users/username/Library/Preferences

Click on your desktop to bring focus to the Finder then hit shift-command-g all at the same time and a box will popup. Type /Users/username/Library/Preferences in the box (substituting your real user name for "username") and hit enter.

You should see both those files in the folder that comes up.

pectin232
May 29, 2012, 08:25 AM
Those two plist files should both be in /Users/username/Library/Preferences

Click on your desktop to bring focus to the Finder then hit shift-command-g all at the same time and a box will popup. Type /Users/username/Library/Preferences in the box (substituting your real user name for "username") and hit enter.

You should see both those files in the folder that comes up.

Thanks so much I will try it when I get back tonight... somehow now when I connect my phone iPhoto does not open it up anymore like before...

Weaselboy
May 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks so much I will try it when I get back tonight... somehow now when I connect my phone iPhoto does not open it up anymore like before...

You should be able to set that option in Image Capture. You do have to have the phone connected on USB for this option to appear though.

http://i.imgur.com/kVxzo.png

pectin232
May 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
I attached a phone the Android Samsung S2 to it.. before and it immediately showed in Image Capture... for iPhone 4s it works immediately.. but the Galaxy s2 works too about 3 weeks ago but suddenly it stopped... after I installed VMWare Fusion.... maybe something to do with that. Anyone knows why? I have 3 phones.. one for work 2 for others.. relating to home and small business.

Weaselboy
May 29, 2012, 01:39 PM
It very well could be that the VMWare install jacked up the USB drivers in some way.

pectin232
May 31, 2012, 09:00 AM
It very well could be that the VMWare install jacked up the USB drivers in some way.

How to remove VMWare then? Thanks or re install the USB drivers?

Weaselboy
May 31, 2012, 03:29 PM
How to remove VMWare then? Thanks or re install the USB drivers?

Looks like this (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=1017838) would do it.

pectin232
May 31, 2012, 07:23 PM
Looks like this (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=1017838) would do it.

I removed VMWare Fusion 4 but my camera or other devices still cannot be connected or recognized. Any ideas on what can be done?

Weaselboy
Jun 1, 2012, 07:58 AM
I removed VMWare Fusion 4 but my camera or other devices still cannot be connected or recognized. Any ideas on what can be done?

When you connect these devices, can you see them in the sidebar in the Finder?

pectin232
Jun 2, 2012, 10:06 PM
When you connect these devices, can you see them in the sidebar in the Finder?

no it does not.. before it did when I just got the MacBook Air 3 mths ago.

Weaselboy
Jun 3, 2012, 08:11 AM
no it does not.. before it did when I just got the MacBook Air 3 mths ago.

Try making a new dummy user account then login with that account and see if the devices connect. That will tell you if it is something specific to your account or systemwide.