Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Todthebod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
My wife is a 'hair artist' LOL. All her appointments are on her Ipad calendar which syncs to yahoo. She's freaking out at the moment because 90% of her appointment entries are gone. Everything is there for January but after that it gets real spotty with only a couple of items in each month after that. This happened one time before but everything was still on Yahoo so I just manually pushed from Yahoo to the Ipad and all was well. This time though I'm looking on her Yahoo calendar and it's the same as her Ipad with 90% missing. She said she didn't do anything unusual.

Any ideas?

Todthebod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Are you synced with iCloud? Have you checked to see if it's there? :)

Yeah it's not in the cloud either. It looks like it lost the data then sync'd with yahoo and the cloud and that made them lose it too. I'm not too sure how that works though. Maybe it pushed when it should've fetched. Looks like everything is gone somehow. My wife's last backup to Itunes was in January so that's a no go. She said the last thing she did was put a podcast on her Ipad via Itunes on the PC.

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
Sounds to me like you're SOL. The only thing you can do is invest in a more reliable calendar backend, (Google's calendar has yet to let me down) or write down appointments by hand in addition to using an electronic calendar.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Yeah it's not in the cloud either. It looks like it lost the data then sync'd with yahoo and the cloud and that made them lose it too. I'm not too sure how that works though. Maybe it pushed when it should've fetched. Looks like everything is gone somehow. My wife's last backup to Itunes was in January so that's a no go. She said the last thing she did was put a podcast on her Ipad via Itunes on the PC.

That's weird how you lost that data. My suggestion would be to do a backup to iTunes once a week just to be safe in the future.

Todthebod

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Yes we'll definitely have to try another calendar. I'll have to check out the Google one.

I put too much trust in the cloud. We noticed the info was gone at about 1:00. I checked the cloud and it said last cloud backup at 12:30 and it backed up the calendar with the lost appointments so nothing was there. I guess if I'd caught it before 12:30 it may have still been on the cloud. You'd think if 2 calendars were sync'd then it would default to the one with data instead of the one without.

She called all of her clients and got the appointments from them and added them back to the ipad. I have her doing screen shots now just in case. She just texted me and said the appointments she put on were gone again. They are still on Yahoo this time so we're still good right now. Definitely trying another calendar when I get home.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I use VueMinder because it reminds me so much of iCal but it's only for Windows. They have a free version with NO restrictions other than some features for the paid calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.