PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: FS- Dual 1.8ghz G5, RevB.

Sutekidane
Jul 13, 2005, 11:03 PM
My brother is thinking about selling his dual 1.8ghz powermac g5, revisionB.
It has all the stock configuration except the following:
-Ram has been bumped up to 1.25GB
-Added a 37GB Western Digital Raptop 10k RPM SATA HD.
-2 Year CompUSA extended warranty (transferrable, $200 value)

Comes with all original software and manuals. computer is in mint/near mint condition. includes cables, keyboard, mouse, etc.

I'm open to any offers, my brother is kinda looking to downgrade to a Mac Mini, since the G5 is way more than he needs. So a good offer would be something like:
-1.42ghz Mac Mini + A good amount of cash.

He doesn't really need a screen, he just needs a Mac Mini, preferrably a slightly upgraded one.

I'm open to any offers, especially ones that follow what I've said. I'm located in Oviedo, FLorida and I can accept the payment via PayPal.

Thanks everyone! ^_^

EvilDoc
Jul 13, 2005, 11:51 PM
i got a mac min 1.42 w/ 1gig o ram in it... just wondering how much cash would you want? :D

Sutekidane
Jul 14, 2005, 08:11 AM
the Mini sounds good... I don't really know what amount of cash... maybe $800-900... Make me an offer, I'm willing to consider all sorts of trades.
:)

joecool85
Jul 14, 2005, 09:25 AM
I'll trade you my beige G3 266mhz DT and my rev a 12 PB.

doucy2
Jul 14, 2005, 10:46 AM
any interest in a emac

Sutekidane
Jul 14, 2005, 12:26 PM
any interest in a emac
Yes, depending on how much money you can offer on the side.

Sutekidane
Jul 14, 2005, 12:27 PM
I'll trade you my beige G3 266mhz DT and my rev a 12 PB.

My brother doesn't want a notebook, and he'll never be willing to go back to OS9, so no, sorry.

doucy2
Jul 14, 2005, 12:40 PM
sent PM

joecool85
Jul 14, 2005, 01:50 PM
It actually has OS 8.6 on it...but will run OS X anyway. That and for $300 you can upgrade it to 1ghz. Besides, I was basically kidding...a guy can dream right?

Sutekidane
Jul 14, 2005, 02:49 PM
It actually has OS 8.6 on it...but will run OS X anyway. That and for $300 you can upgrade it to 1ghz. Besides, I was basically kidding...a guy can dream right?

He sure can! ^_^ :D

Sutekidane
Jul 14, 2005, 07:20 PM
Please, send me your offers! This thing has got to go, and I'd really rather not eBay it. :-D

Sutekidane
Jul 14, 2005, 11:09 PM
UPDATE: Okay, after talking to my brother again, he is now willing to accept a 12" powerbook, rev C or D for trade as well, along with some money. He would still highly prefer a Mac Mini though. For all you out there looking to upgrade, now is your chance!

joecool85
Jul 15, 2005, 07:30 AM
Damn him and his wanting a rev c or d...

Sutekidane
Jul 15, 2005, 05:18 PM
Okay, now he says that he's also willing to just sell it as well.. for $1600 or best offer, Plus shipping (whatever actual costs may be). If you think this is too much money, just make me another offer, I'll consider anything.

ichoosedeath
Jul 15, 2005, 05:27 PM
Okay, now he says that he's also willing to just sell it as well.. for $1600 or best offer, Plus shipping (whatever actual costs may be). If you think this is too much money, just make me another offer, I'll consider anything.

He should definately consider becoming a macrumors member. This is getting to be a little too much.

Sutekidane
Jul 15, 2005, 09:48 PM
well, my brother had it lol, up on eBay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5789939198&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

joecool85
Jul 15, 2005, 10:57 PM
It won't sell without pictures. I won't even think about buying stuff on ebay without seeing it first.

Sutekidane
Jul 15, 2005, 11:27 PM
It won't sell without pictures. I won't even think about buying stuff on ebay without seeing it first.

Thanks for your concern ^_^
Pics are on their way, I'm going to take them tomorrow.

joecool85
Jul 16, 2005, 08:40 AM
Sorry if I came off like an ass last night...It was late and I had just gotten home from work. But yeah, I was just trying to help out, like I said, I don't even look at ebay items without pics. Too bad it starts at $1500 :(

Sutekidane
Jul 16, 2005, 04:00 PM
Sorry if I came off like an ass last night...It was late and I had just gotten home from work. But yeah, I was just trying to help out, like I said, I don't even look at ebay items without pics. Too bad it starts at $1500 :(

No offense taken, I updated the listing with some pics, and it's officially the lowest buy-it-now price on a dual G5 on ebay that works! (Prove me wrong guys!) :)

corywoolf
Jul 17, 2005, 09:39 AM
someone is selling there new dual 2 Ghz G5 for $1,500 and its the newest version with a free copy of war craft in it's box!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Don't know if he sealed a deal, last night he was still accepting bids. Look through the forums for it.

Sutekidane
Jul 17, 2005, 07:46 PM
someone is selling there new dual 2 Ghz G5 for $1,500 and its the newest version with a free copy of war craft in it's box!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Don't know if he sealed a deal, last night he was still accepting bids. Look through the forums for it.

I know, but not everyone knows about MR, so I think it'll do well on eBay. Plus, I've already gotten a lot of interest in it and I have 10 watchers! yay!

tsk
Jul 17, 2005, 07:54 PM
My advise on the listing is not to put a starting price of $1500. $1500 seems reasonable based on the price Apple sells a refurb for, but people are reluctant to start that high. You're better off starting at $1 and they'll most likely bid it that high anyways. You lose the ability to have a buy it now, but you'll get a better price.

spinne1
Jul 17, 2005, 10:53 PM
My advise on the listing is not to put a starting price of $1500. $1500 seems reasonable based on the price Apple sells a refurb for, but people are reluctant to start that high. You're better off starting at $1 and they'll most likely bid it that high anyways. You lose the ability to have a buy it now, but you'll get a better price.

He is absolutely right! Starting an auction near your hoped end price is usually auction suicide (no bids). Trust me, I've sold lots of items, some valuable. I've also done tons of searching for items. As an observer and as a buyer I almost always ignore auctions with high starting prices, even if the price is fair. Folks are not initially looking to pay a fair price on ebay--if they were, they'd go to a store or pricegrabber.com and find something. They want a bargain. Most are willing to pay a fair price in the end, but will not bid the final price they would pay in the heat of the bidding moment as a starting bid.

Next, if I were shopping for your computer, I would consider yours, but ultimately probably buy the refurbished unit listed here for $1416.80 (price, price, and price are the three most important rules of selling):

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2930656/search=dual+1.8+G5

Sutekidane
Jul 18, 2005, 09:25 AM
He is absolutely right! Starting an auction near your hoped end price is usually auction suicide (no bids). Trust me, I've sold lots of items, some valuable. I've also done tons of searching for items. As an observer and as a buyer I almost always ignore auctions with high starting prices, even if the price is fair. Folks are not initially looking to pay a fair price on ebay--if they were, they'd go to a store or pricegrabber.com and find something. They want a bargain. Most are willing to pay a fair price in the end, but will not bid the final price they would pay in the heat of the bidding moment as a starting bid.

Next, if I were shopping for your computer, I would consider yours, but ultimately probably buy the refurbished unit listed here for $1416.80 (price, price, and price are the three most important rules of selling):

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2930656/search=dual+1.8+G5

Okay, I adjusted the auction accordingly, hopefully to ensure a decent sale. Damn, I hate eBay and all their outrageous fees. $15 for a reserve fee just doesn't sound right to me. :mad:

tsk
Jul 18, 2005, 05:21 PM
Okay, I adjusted the auction accordingly, hopefully to ensure a decent sale. Damn, I hate eBay and all their outrageous fees. $15 for a reserve fee just doesn't sound right to me. :mad:

I would have forgone the reserve fee. The $15 *is* a ripoff and the reserve tends to dissuade people.

Anyways, good luck.

doucy2
Jul 23, 2005, 09:13 PM
would you trade for anything in my sig + cash

Rod Rod
Jul 23, 2005, 09:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5789939198Congratulations. I think it bid up to a decent price.

Sutekidane
Jul 24, 2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks! My brother is VERY pleased :-)