PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: AMD 1200 Desktop

Super20
Jul 14, 2005, 04:22 PM
Here's my situation. I bought a 15" Powerbook G4 last year. I used to hate Mac with a passion now I love it. I want to move to a totally Mac household and get rid of my windows based desktop machine. Maybe if I can score a little cash out of this either as a whole or parted out, I could get my self close to an older mac (G3 or G4 or imac or emac). Anyway, here are my specs. Please PM me with any questions or if you have an offer on an y of the parts. I know I could ebay it the same way, but people on this board are nice and have been very helpful to me in the past.

AMD Athlon 1.2 ghz Processor (AMD 761 chipset)
Tower case
Asus Moutherboard (A7M266)
- 5 PCI slots
- 1 AGP 4x slot
- 2 memory stick slots (Crucial says 184 DIMM. Will take DDR SDRAM PC1600 or PC2100)
- front side bus - 133mhz
40 gig HD
512 MB of ram (1 stick...has slots for 2)
Floppy Drive (funny huh?)
16x DVD Drive
KHypermedia CD-RW Drive (48x24)
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440SE w/AGP 8x (64mb)
3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 PCI Ethernet card
Motorola Wireless PCI Adapter
Mad Dog 5.1 Soundcard
6 usb ports - 2 on motherboard
2 with add-on card
2 non-working on case
No software will be included. I'll wipe the thing clean (hard format) if it even goes anywhere.
Please don't laugh too hard at this machine. It's been very reliable as far as a windows machine goes. It games with the best of them
I'm just a poor band teacher who has seen the light and the error of his ways.

mlrproducts
Jul 15, 2005, 03:45 AM
I can speak from experience => you're probably not going to sell it here.

The only chance you have to sell that machine for more than $100 (which may be what its worth) is locally either by mouth or via newspaper. If you're willing to put up with the headache, feeBay it but only piece by piece.

Sorry to disappoint, but this is something I also learned the hard way!

-Also, consider turning it into a folding machine.

rickvanr
Jul 15, 2005, 10:54 AM
I'll trade you for my G3 Powermac

If interested, PM me..

rickvanr
Jul 15, 2005, 04:01 PM
Returned your PM..