PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Notes mail

Smartie
Jun 2, 2012, 09:59 AM
I have Lotus Notes Traveler Companion, on my iOS devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) so that I can access my corporate email on those devices from everywhere. The mail goes directly to the default iOS mail app.

I'm about to switch from Windows PC to OS X, so I don't yet have a Mac and access to the Mac app store.

Now to my question, does a similar app exist for OS X as for iOS so that I can get my corporate mail to the default mail app on the Mac?

miles01110
Jun 3, 2012, 04:25 AM
Mail.app is included with every new Mac.

atMac
Jun 7, 2012, 08:29 PM
Mail.app is included with every new Mac.

Have fun trying to set that up with a Domino server.

Smartie
Jun 24, 2012, 05:39 AM
Have fun trying to set that up with a Domino server.

Yes, my question was more related to lotus traveller companion, than if mail.app exist on Mac. The latter I knew already.

ScoobyMcDoo
Jun 24, 2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe ask your system admin if there is an IMAP or POP3 option he can turn on? I don't know much about Domino server, so I don't know if those options are available.

I did see that there is a Lotus Notes client for mac.

Smartie
Jun 25, 2012, 03:40 AM
Maybe ask your system admin if there is an IMAP or POP3 option he can turn on? I don't know much about Domino server, so I don't know if those options are available.

I did see that there is a Lotus Notes client for mac.

Thanks for the suggestion, those options exist in Lotus Notes but are turned off at our corporation. Automatic forwarding is also turned off. The only option to ios devices is to go through the Notes Traveller app, and I was hoping that one or a similar app also exists in Mac App Store but it seems like it doesn't since no one has suggested it.