Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
I am still running Snow Leopard so forgive me if I have missed something, but what's new in iCloud with the upcoming Mountain Lion? On Apple's homepage ML advertises synching of bookmarks, contacts, calendars and docs for the mac but isn't that all available with the current iteration of 10.7 Lion anyway?

So what's new? How is iCloud improving with Mountain Lion? :confused:

matrix07

Suspended
Jun 24, 2010
I am still running Snow Leopard so forgive me if I have missed something, but what's new in iCloud with the upcoming Mountain Lion? On Apple's homepage ML advertises synching of bookmarks, contacts, calendars and docs for the mac but isn't that all available with the current iteration of 10.7 Lion anyway?

So what's new? How is iCloud improving with Mountain Lion? :confused:

10.7 doesn't sync Safari tab. That's one.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
ML brings in a new way to browse iCloud data from within an Open/Save dialogue.

Not a whole lot is being show but i'm willing to bet the build given to WWDC developers will have a vastly improved iCloud featureset.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Also more stores will be setup with your iCloud in ML.

In Lion it's kind of annoying because you login iCloud but the Mac App Store doesn't setup so that's yet another step that needs to be done.

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Also more stores will be setup with your iCloud in ML.

In Lion it's kind of annoying because you login iCloud but the Mac App Store doesn't setup so that's yet another step that needs to be done.

More stores? What do you mean, which stores?

kdum8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
If youre on SL, What do you know about iCloud?

Is that aimed at me? If so, I have an iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone on iCloud and I can read so something. But the fact I don't have Lion and so don't know for sure is why I started this thread in the the first place!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.