PDA

View Full Version : Using disk utility, a little confused.

east85
Jun 2, 2012, 12:51 PM
I'm sort of new at this, so I was wondering how I can get "Mac OS X Install DVD" as the source for "Final". I am following a tutorial online on compiling a single layer DVD from my install disc by removing drivers for printers and language support. I can easily locate "dump.sparseimage" to set as a source, but not "Mac OS X Install DVD".

http://i.imgur.com/KDuws.png

I am on Lion.

Thanks.

Lunfai
Jun 2, 2012, 01:08 PM
Tried dragging the little icon next to Mac OS X Install to the source input box?

east85
Jun 2, 2012, 01:25 PM
Tried dragging the little icon next to Mac OS X Install to the source input box?

Yup, for some reason it's not working. :confused:

PurrBall
Jun 2, 2012, 01:59 PM
Click Mac OS X Install, go to the restore tab, and it should be selected as Source now.

Mr. Retrofire
Jun 2, 2012, 09:55 PM
I'm sort of new at this, so I was wondering how I can get "Mac OS X Install DVD" as the source for "Final". I am following a tutorial online on compiling a single layer DVD from my install disc by removing drivers for printers and language support. I can easily locate "dump.sparseimage" to set as a source, but not "Mac OS X Install DVD".
Convert the sparseimage to a read-only dmg. Then choose "Scan Image for Restore..." from the "Images" menu in Disk Utility. Do not mount the disk image (it is not necessary). Drag the read-only & scanned dmg in the source field.