PDA

View Full Version : iOS6 (10A010, 10B24) 'fake' Videos?

lancastor
Jun 3, 2012, 09:01 AM
Real or fake?

Build 10A010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F4u4gk6pfc&feature=relmfu

Build 10B24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1racS_MTYs&feature=plcp

mike5411
Jun 3, 2012, 09:20 AM
Real or fake?

Build 10A010

Build 10B24

I'll going with fake since Build 10B24 "gives" Siri to an iPod touch.

NotAdvisable
Jun 3, 2012, 09:24 AM
Most defiantly fake; combined with the 'Siri' on an iPod Touch and also the fact that Apple will have to introduce something much more substantial other than two little tweaks to ever allow iOS6 to be a success.

Speedyparker87
Jun 3, 2012, 09:51 AM
Also, while I don't think the concept of an iStore is all that farfetched, Apple would never make its icon that ugly with the half purple/half blue. The new maps interface was ugly too and did not appear similar enough to the leaked pics. :)

ECUpirate44
Jun 3, 2012, 09:55 AM
"iStore" lol.

PatrickW98
Jun 3, 2012, 10:36 AM
"iStore" lol.I actually like the iStore idea.

ECUpirate44
Jun 3, 2012, 10:49 AM
I actually like the iStore idea.

Sounds super corny.

WeegieMac
Jun 3, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'll give the guy his due, it's a very elaborate and well set up hoax.

Although how did he merge the App Store and iTunes apps?

Ayemerica
Jun 3, 2012, 11:09 AM
Looks fake.

Xenc
Jun 3, 2012, 11:12 AM
Looks like a jailbroken device running a modified version of iOS 5.

marcusj0015
Jun 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
Most defiantly fake; combined with the 'Siri' on an iPod Touch and also the fact that Apple will have to introduce something much more substantial other than two little tweaks to ever allow iOS6 to be a success.

You seem to think of iOS as having the ability to be successful, it's free, people will install it, there are no market forces.

WeegieMac
Jun 3, 2012, 11:16 AM
He's got Firmware Changer, Spire, and Landscape Switcher installed at least.

Lunfai
Jun 3, 2012, 11:19 AM
Dictionary application doesn't look very polished, neither does iStore haha..

Nicolas4ever
Jun 3, 2012, 11:22 AM
the iStore and Dictionary icons look so fake.I'm sure Apple would never have this icons.

12dylan34
Jun 3, 2012, 01:08 PM
It's fake for if nothing else than because a 12 year old kid with an iPod touch has it before everyone else.

nfl46
Jun 3, 2012, 02:06 PM
Lol, if those videos are real, iOS 6 looks like 5.x update. It was hardly any changes. That just doesn't seem like a major upgrade to me.

Fake.

macbookman83
Jun 3, 2012, 02:29 PM
Real or fake?

Build 10A010

Build 10B24

My first question would be if he has two videos with different build numbers, why does he have the same iPod touch?

More importantly how would this guy be able to have a beta on his iPod without gaining some additional verification from apple? Betas are attached to UDIDs so even if this was a real video it would be very easy to locate the source of the leak.

This is as real as the $14 dollar bill I got from Dave and Busters arcade.

Vundu
Jun 3, 2012, 02:33 PM
Laughably fake.

treichert
Jun 3, 2012, 03:43 PM
So much wrong with the buildnumbers alone....

iOS 6 would be 10AXXX. 10A010 would be so early in the developmental stage that it probably would not even be compiled.

10BXXX is also complete bogus as 10BXXX would be iOS 6.1.

Edit:
Oh, and then there is the Dictionary icon.....obviously the uploader isn't even a good Photoshopper as he simply took the OS X icon and put it in a black rectangle...

onlyapple
Jun 3, 2012, 04:03 PM
wow it looks legit

TreyCox
Jun 3, 2012, 04:49 PM
Lol notice how he never swipes over to the next page on springboard to reveal the cydia app.

twigman08
Jun 3, 2012, 05:06 PM
FAKE. As stated build numbers seem off. Also I find it funny that he didn't show Siri actually working. Wow, He brought it up? I wouldn't doubt if he didn't have it even connected to a working proxy server. If he did he was more than likely nervous to show on video if the proxy server went down or didn't work.

Apple already added a dictionary into iOS. You can highlight any word and define it. I don't see Apple adding an App for it. If anything they would just integrate it into the Spotlight search and have a button on the right hand side that would bring up the dictionary. I do question some things Apple has done lately in software, but them adding an App for dictionary when it is already built into iOS? Not likely.

Nermal
Jun 3, 2012, 05:08 PM
I like how the Dictionary definition of "light" has "natural" spelled wrong ;)

bp1000
Jun 3, 2012, 05:18 PM
1 million % fake

adnbek
Jun 3, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sounds super corny.

Although I don't dispute this, the term iPad and iPhone were too once upon a time.... Now one can't imagine them being named anything else.

Syk
Jun 3, 2012, 05:34 PM
Fake. Nothing worth having an event for. If that was real my next phone wouldn't be an iphone?

Kids running some jail break apps posing

adnbek
Jun 3, 2012, 05:34 PM
Clearly fake. Notice on one of the videos how he always has to tap again on the "loading" screens when demonstrating the iStore, to actually go to the next page. And on the other video, he's always double tapping within that iStore app.

So basically, to navigate from one screen to the next, he always needs to tap twice for some reason. And he tries to hide that fact by making it look subtle.

3bs
Jun 3, 2012, 06:32 PM
the iStore and Dictionary icons look so fake.I'm sure Apple would never have this icons.

Also, the iStore icon is misleading. When someone looks at it they'll think of music only.

ThisIsNotMe
Jun 3, 2012, 06:59 PM
If this and the leaked designed of the iPhone 5 are any indication of a post Jobs Apple, the company is in some serious trouble.

Tmelon
Jun 3, 2012, 09:39 PM
Fake. Safari is lacking an omnibar which is almost a sure thing for iOS6 and the Maps application looks largely unchanged.

Reach9
Jun 3, 2012, 10:23 PM

are you sure it's defiantly fake? I don't see anything defiant about that :confused:

MythicFrost
Jun 3, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure when Tim said they're going to be "doubling down on security" they didn't mean they'll give an alpha version of iOS 6 with nothing in it to a twelve year old to put on YouTube.

Just sayin'

twigman08
Jun 4, 2012, 03:02 AM
I'm pretty sure when Tim said they're going to be "doubling down on security" they didn't mean they'll give an alpha version of iOS 6 with nothing in it to a twelve year old to put on YouTube.

Just sayin'

lol yea. Though to someone who doesn't know any better they would sadly believe him. Though I actually can't believe their are people here that seem like it might not be totally fake? I can't find one thing in that video that would even lead me to believe it could be "real."

Seriously though, you give someone 30 minutes to get all of the best jailbroken apps/tweaks on their phone and have everything laid out properly, then they could easily make a hoax video that is three times better than this and actually trick a lot of people

MythicFrost
Jun 4, 2012, 03:12 AM
lol yea. Though to someone who doesn't know any better they would sadly believe him. Though I actually can't believe their are people here that seem like it might not be totally fake? I can't find one thing in that video that would even lead me to believe it could be "real."

Seriously though, you give someone 30 minutes to get all of the best jailbroken apps/tweaks on their phone and have everything laid out properly, then they could easily make a hoax video that is three times better than this and actually trick a lot of people
Yep. Why on earth they would though, I've no idea. It's literally like a week before WWDC? Congratulations YouTube user! You tricked some people for an entire week!?? lol

t0264
Jun 6, 2012, 01:07 PM
3D maps? No little 12 year old :p
The biggest give away is how much the iPod slows down after loading Siri clearly showing he's on 2 dyld's using Spire

FoxMcCloud
Jun 6, 2012, 02:31 PM
iStore idea is certainly a good one, and there were those rumors awhile back about new stores and itunes etc.

Personally i think they should be built in to their relevant apps like iBooks and iTunes U whereby you press the store button in the top right and the app turns around likea book case to reveal the storefront.

The icons all looked terrible though, so could easily be real. Apples icons have been seriously terrible these last few years *glares at facetime on his iPad*

nuckinfutz
Jun 6, 2012, 03:36 PM
You know it's fake when you don't get

"Removed at the request of Apple Legal" later.

Apple is more than happy to have fake stuff obfuscating the truth.

kiwiboi87
Jun 6, 2012, 03:55 PM

I'm with everyone with it being fake,
but why does siri on iPod touch make it fake?

theres a very high chance that come oct when iso 6 comes out, it will be on the iPod touch and iPad

twigman08
Jun 6, 2012, 07:30 PM
I'm with everyone with it being fake,
but why does siri on iPod touch make it fake?

theres a very high chance that come oct when iso 6 comes out, it will be on the iPod touch and iPad
I can see it on the Wifi+3G models of the iPad. But Siri requires an Internet connection for like everything. It'd only be useful on the iPod touch if you're connected to Wifi. Sure their are other things on the iPod that require Eifi of course but most people would not understand why Siri wasn't working on their iPod. You'd be surprised how many do not realize that it needs Internet.

kiwiboi87
Jun 6, 2012, 08:11 PM
I can see it on the Wifi+3G models of the iPad. But Siri requires an Internet connection for like everything. It'd only be useful on the iPod touch if you're connected to Wifi. Sure their are other things on the iPod that require Eifi of course but most people would not understand why Siri wasn't working on their iPod. You'd be surprised how many do not realize that it needs Internet.

true, but the iPods have iMessage and FaceTime
and they need internet,

same with the iPads wifi only

Speedyparker87
Jun 6, 2012, 08:43 PM

What about people who bought a wifi only model because they knew they would never bring it out if the house? Why punish them?

My favorite counterargument I've heard: So, should they remove Safari from the iPod touch and wifi only models too?

twigman08
Jun 6, 2012, 09:58 PM
true, but the iPods have iMessage and FaceTime
and they need internet,

same with the iPads wifi only

Like I said, yes their are other things that rely on internet on the iPod, but those things that you basically know are going to rely on the internet. Just about everyone knows your need internet to browse the web on Safari. With Siri it is very less obvious that you need internet. Like I said not many people realize you need internet to use even some of the "basic" stuff of Siri. I just think it'd be a useless feature on the iPod Touch and not what Siri was really intended to be marketed for. I think it'll bring Dictation only.

Go around ask just about any average person. Just about all of them would not know Siri needs an internet connection for a lot of it's functionality.

kemo
Jun 7, 2012, 01:19 AM
wow it looks legit

you can't be serious! there is no way of choosing such an ugly background wallpaper by default, unless the guy who's on the video changed it before recording.

Jedii
Jun 7, 2012, 06:47 AM
Fake, on the first video, he has three screens and doesn't scroll to it, leads me to believe these are all cydia tweaks ( which are hidden from view with cydia ) on the third screen..

aPple nErd
Jun 7, 2012, 08:58 PM
Wtf is my landscape mode home screen????!!!! Apple

kiwiboi87
Jun 7, 2012, 09:43 PM
i would love to see the phones and iPod touch switch to landscape mode,

nysegop
Jun 8, 2012, 03:12 PM
My vote's on fake.

It's clearly a kid who has hacked his jailbroken ipod to do those things. I have SIRI on my iPod touch as well. All you need to do is use a proxy and download Spire. He simply is using mods from cydia.

xAnthony
Jun 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
It's definitely fake.

"So those are some of the very few changes of iOS 6."

From that quote alone, you know it's fake. Apple is going to release more than a built-in dictionary app. (Not to mention it's ugly as hell)

Reach9
Jun 8, 2012, 11:01 PM
More fake than Pamela Anderson's t*ts

Tmelon
Jun 9, 2012, 07:39 PM
More fake than Pamela Anderson's t*ts

Well said.

mackmgg
Jun 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
You seem to think of iOS as having the ability to be successful, it's free, people will install it, there are no market forces.

While that's true, I think that iOS 6 needs to be substantial because Jobs is gone. Apple wants to show the investors that even without Jobs, Apple can still make great products and will continue to innovate.

marcusj0015
Jun 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
While that's true, I think that iOS 6 needs to be substantial because Jobs is gone. Apple wants to show the investors that even without Jobs, Apple can still make great products and will continue to innovate.

I agree with that, they need to kick the pants off 2012, and hopefully they'll refresh iOS' UI.