Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krawfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Forgive this newbie question but I'm trying to figure out how to transfer some pdf files to my iPad 3. I will be traveling and probably won't have access to wifi or 3g so I need the files stored on the iPad.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Forgive this newbie question but I'm trying to figure out how to transfer some pdf files to my iPad 3. I will be traveling and probably won't have access to wifi or 3g so I need the files stored on the iPad.

Just hook up your iPad to iTunes and then drag the pdf files to it. Go to the iBooks app on your iPad, click on the "Collections" button to switch from books to pdf.

John Adams

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
Too bad you can't just drag and drop files into an Apple device like you can with any other. That is one thing I certainly miss about my Android. Apple has you by the balls with iTunes.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Too bad you can't just drag and drop files into an Apple device like you can with any other. That is one thing I certainly miss about my Android. Apple has you by the balls with iTunes.

iTunes manages the iPad but it's harly more draconian than "drag and drop". As long as you have the "manually manage" button checked on the iPad (bypassing "sync") then you're just dragging and dropping (albeit on the iTunes window). Not particularly cumbersome.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006

Quick and dirty is to just email it to yourself. Then from the mail app you can move them over to ibooks. I do it all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.