PDA

View Full Version : Mindmapping apps?

sk1wbw
Jun 4, 2012, 08:04 AM
Anyone out there use these types of apps? After watching a few videos on Mindnode, I decided to purchase it. It looks very interesting and I wanted to find out if anyone else had input on this.

AveChatman
Jun 4, 2012, 09:11 AM
I know this won't help, cos I've never tried it either, but I just checked out the website, and it looks like a great app for anyone in management, or in a creative field. Wish I had it, too.

rhett7660
Jun 4, 2012, 09:30 AM
I have used a couple. One on the iPad and one on my Mac. For me they took a little bit of getting used to. Now I pretty much use them all the time. If it is a kick off meeting or the start of a new project that is what I use them for. If it is just a regular meeting I use a note taking application.

I also use MM programs when I am starting a project on my own. They can be very useful IMHO.

Curio and Mindmeister are the two I have used. Mainly Curio on the Mac though.

MrPeripatetic
Jun 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
I have tried several mind mapping apps on the iPad, particularly for lecturing purposes. Most of them were deficient in too many categories to be of much practical use. However, I did find one that is very good--iThoughtsHD.

Really, the only things that are missing (for me) in iThoughtsHD are:

- children with multiple parents (this would be very powerful feature not found in any other app [as far as I am aware])
- enhanced customizability and flexibility with relationships between topics
- a Mac app version

I believe the author is working on the second, and I suggested adding the first. He seemed amenable to the idea. I do not know if there is a Mac version in the works.

You might also want to checkout iDesk. It is a pretty good diagramming app. I use that in the classroom to good effect as well.