Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truehybridx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has come across a simple example of how to do a drag n drop view in a Mac App. An app in example is DS_Store Cleaner which lets you drop a folder in its window and it takes care of business...

I can find ancient examples but nothing real updated (Leopard and up)

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has come across a simple example of how to do a drag n drop view in a Mac App. An app in example is DS_Store Cleaner which lets you drop a folder in its window and it takes care of business...

I can find ancient examples but nothing real updated (Leopard and up)

What is wrong with the "ancient examples" you've found? Unless the methods involved are depreciated, I see nothing wrong with going ahead and using them.

In fact, in the interest of supporting as many computers as possible, I'd suggest you want the exact opposite, to find the methods that have been working for the longest time.

IE, I don't use ARC when I'm working on apps I plan to sell because I want people running Leopard and earlier to be able to use my app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.