Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgtcasey

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
New Mexico
I am running Windows 8 on my MBP with BootCamp with no issues. Works great! I followed a guide I'd found online where I would put the drivers and such on a USB drive and then load from that once I got the OS installed.

Dave

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I am running Windows 8 on my MBP with BootCamp with no issues. Works great! I followed a guide I'd found online where I would put the drivers and such on a USB drive and then load from that once I got the OS installed.

Please post which MBP you have and a link to the guide if you can. I haven't been paying that much attention to this, but most of the posts I have seen have had some driver issues... (Just like we all did before W7 was released).

Thanks.

B

sgtcasey

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
New Mexico
Please post which MBP you have and a link to the guide if you can. I haven't been paying that much attention to this, but most of the posts I have seen have had some driver issues... (Just like we all did before W7 was released).

Thanks.

B

I wish I had the guide I used but I don't any longer. I remember it was a video on YouTube which walked me through putting the MBP drivers on my USB drive and then just installing Windows 8 from the DVD I'd created with the download from Microsoft. Then I used the USB drive to install the MBP drivers. I was expecting a lot more issues than I had and was pleasantly surprised when it just worked.

I'm using a late-2011 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz i7, 4GB of RAM.

BTW, I'm still somewhat new to Mac OS X so if you need more information just let me know how to get it.

Dave

zzLZHzz

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012

Thanks.

B

it will be good to compile a list of mac which is working without issue.

i believe during consumer preview there is some issue with graphic driver for early 2010 mbp 13"

therefore i still do not dare to test it with release preview.

but it works fine with my 2011 iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.