Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has already started decorating Moscone with banners in preparation for WWDC 2012. The first banners show a collage of app icons and the wording: "WWDC2012: Where great ideas go on to do great things."

The annual developer's conference kicks off on Monday with a Keynote Address. Apple is expected to introduce a number of new products and likely preview iOS 6.

Thanks Nelson

Article Link: WWDC 2012 Banners: "Where great ideas go on to do great things."

propynyl

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
iOS6

Why am I getting the feeling this is going to be the most iterative update to iOS yet?

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Whether the Macs get updated or not, or even if iOS 6 is disappointing, there's no denying Apple's banners are definitely well designed. Very visually appealing.

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
Not really caring about iPads and iPhones, I haven't really looked forward to Apple Keynotes in recent years, but definitely looking forward to this one :) Even if the Macs don't get mentioned in the Keynote itself, looking forward to the updates :D

AppleBoyFreak

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Kentucky
In previous invitations the image has given a clue to what Apple is releasing and I feel as if the bright curved squares or "app icons" give a hint to something possibly including new app icon designs and a bright ui. None the less we'll find out in 6 days.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
I'm looking forward to seeing the smaller banners, like last year

WWDC is about iOS 5,

i can't remember what they were, but know they were good. gave hints to what to expect even more

esquared

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2005
Clumsy phrase

That's a clumsy phrase for Apple in my opinion. "go on to do"? Really? Needs a great action verb there.

Jasoco

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
I'm expecting iOS6 and Mountain Lion previews and release dates. (Hopefully not the generalized "summer" they usually do.

Mac updates also seem to be confirmed at this point. How much time will be spent on them, who knows? I don't want to get into which ones will be updated and how much of an update each gets. Let's just let it happen when it happens and complain then.

I don't expect an iPhone 5 yet. I suspect the New iPhone will be released when iOS6 is out so they can put it right on the phone day 1. But would they do the same for the Mac's? Probably not. Lion is great as it is.

I assume both iOS6 and Mountain Lion will be free. Yeah, free. Sounds strange, but Apple did say they were going down a new path now. If anything ML will be $30 at most. iOS will be free no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if ML was free though. Since OS X updates are going to be yearly now and they're integrating update into the App Store, they'll probably want to push them right to your computer as soon as they release them. And at this point there's no big reason to charge anymore. Especially since it's now download only and their money comes from hardware. OS X is just part of the hardware. Part of the whole widget.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Anyone else thinking WWDC will be all software again, with Mac updates happening silently on the website on the day before or after the conference ?

With ML and iOS 6, it sounds like the keynote is already packed too much for any kind of big Mac hardware refresh announcement (multiple lines, multiple models of each).

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
With all the new products and software being unveiled, can we expect the keynote to go on for a full three hours? This is getting kind of ridiculous. So to recap:

1. iOS 6 with lots of new features on up to three distinct platforms
2. Mountain Lion with several new features
3. New iCloud stuff on the web, iOS and OS X
4. Macbook Pro redesign/retina
5. Macbook Air spec bumps/retina
6. iMac spec bump/retina
7. Mac Pro spec bump/possible redesign
8. Surprise "one more thing" new iTV?

This all seems kinda far-fetched but I'm one optimistic Apple fan! All I know for certain is my bank account will probably be hurting soon!!

Aug 26, 2008
Anyone else thinking WWDC will be all software again, with Mac updates happening silently on the website on the day before or after the conference ?

With ML and iOS 6, it sounds like the keynote is already packed too much for any kind of big Mac hardware refresh announcement (multiple lines, multiple models of each).

Depends on how good the Mac updates are I think. If they are below what people are expecting, then yeah I would agree with you. If they have brand new hi-res monitors and/or new designs, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them at the show. I don't think there will be much for ML actually. The dev beta has been out for months, with several updates so...they could just do the quick overview on that.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States

It's not. Think positive. :)

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Why am I getting the feeling this is going to be the most iterative update to iOS yet?

Agreed

Notifications are still garbage

No widgets

Apple buy intelliscreenx, bitesms, and sbssettings and people say its "revolutionary!"

Oh no wait - is resolutionary!

And why doesn't my the new iPad utilize the real estate of the screen better?!?!

I want two apps running at once - split screen !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.