PDA

View Full Version : Best office apps

cvoregon
Jun 6, 2012, 03:44 AM
Guys, please recommend me the best iPad office apps.

I'm considering with Quick Office and Polaris Office.

Which one is better?

robdam1001
Jun 6, 2012, 07:50 AM
I use DocsToGo

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/

wadjj
Jun 6, 2012, 10:23 AM
I think none is worth the price, but Apple's iWork and Doc to Go both offer a flexible pricing, by separating and in-app purchase respectively, so if you have high hope, you make less loss when you realize you can't get what you want.

I tried almost everyone of them and I still regret throwing 20 bucks away for quickoffice pro HD, not claiming others are better, just it's the most expensive while none of them meets my expectation.

If you mainly edit an make documents, I recommend Pages; if you mainly view slides, I recommend Smartoffice 2 cuz it's on sale every now and then and it dealt with PPTX pretty well with me.
If you wish to mainly deal with spreadsheets or make slides, I recommend forgetting it, none of them is tolerable IMHO.

My opinion is based on Microsoft office file types, I don't know how iWorks work with their original file types.

BTW, iWork convert MS Office files before opening it, that's a 3-5 seconds lag on average for medium length documents, if you intend to read a lot of one page word documents that might be disdurbing.

BTW, never even considering making word documents in Quickoffice, the typing lag is EPIC!

shabbado
Jun 6, 2012, 05:49 PM
I really like notability. I know it is not necessarily an office app, but it really helps me keep my work organized.

thunderbunny
Jun 8, 2012, 12:56 AM
Have you looked at CloudOn?

jojoba
Jun 8, 2012, 10:45 AM
I tend to use Quick Office. It's fine for word doc, but as someone said upthread I have yet to find an app that's any use for big excel sheets.

wadjj
Jun 12, 2012, 05:08 AM
I really like notability. I know it is not actually an workplace app, but it really allows me keep my perform structured.

What motivates you to keep promoting it in irrelevant topics?

Dindorio
Jun 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
My best recommendation to you that Office2HD is the best office app. From your two choices i prefer Quick Office. Also its a great office app.

ebolamonkey3
Jun 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Quick Office for me, but never for work in spreadsheets.