PDA

View Full Version : So do you think the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone.

Timzer
Jun 6, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ok we know Apple thinks the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone, but do you actually agree with this. Will the average shopper pick up a Galaxy S3 and think they are holding an iPhone?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LK33t_0MoHY/T6O3QwuAXcI/AAAAAAAAABQ/0AkLyUJKEs8/s1600/galaxy_s_iii_iphone.jpg

nuckinfutz
Jun 6, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yup

Total copy

SurferMan
Jun 6, 2012, 07:13 PM
4.8" screen, completely different case/shape/look.... yup 100% resembles an iPhone.

jgc
Jun 6, 2012, 07:19 PM
I agree it looks a bit similar. But you have to take into consideration that at a certain point designs almost have to overlap. There's only so many ways you can configure a similarly-sized device before they start to look quite similar. I think Samsung fed off the idea of the iPhone but made enough adjustments to differentiate it.

rocknblogger
Jun 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
No I don't.

cyks
Jun 6, 2012, 07:31 PM
That comparison could be made between just about ALL smartphones, not just the S3 or iPhones.

Heck, the iPhone 4 looks similar to the Samsung Eternity (which came out in 2008 and isn't classified as a smartphone).

http://www.mobiletor.com/images/samsung-eternity-phone.jpg

mackinmike
Jun 6, 2012, 07:38 PM
No. What part looks like it? don't tell me the shape cuz that's the shape of ALL smartphones. geeez... are we grasping here?

stefan109
Jun 6, 2012, 07:46 PM
No - I personally think it is quite clear the S3 does not copy the iPhone. I believe (speculating, arguably) that internally they also do not think it is a copy - they are throwing around accusations for the sake of legal bargaining power. Apple did not create the form factor of a touch-screen smartphone. Apple took an existing form factor, made it intuitive, and created lust for their product through exceptional marketing.

b166er
Jun 6, 2012, 08:45 PM
to a degree, all smartphones look alike these days. Almost all of them have a front that is mostly just the screen, very few (in many cases just one) button on the front, and little else. The little nuances like the curve of the back, screen size, and materials used are really all that separate them. I'm not saying they all look exactly alike, but they all pretty much are being designed from the same basic principles.

Vegastouch
Jun 6, 2012, 08:48 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LK33t_0MoHY/T6O3QwuAXcI/AAAAAAAAABQ/0AkLyUJKEs8/s1600/galaxy_s_iii_iphone.jpg

I dont think the GS3 looks like an iPhone. The GS3 in that picture looks much better IMO.

nuckinfutz
Jun 6, 2012, 08:49 PM
That comparison could be made between just about ALL smartphones, not just the S3 or iPhones.

Heck, the iPhone 4 looks similar to the Samsung Eternity (which came out in 2008 and isn't classified as a smartphone).

Image (http://www.mobiletor.com/images/samsung-eternity-phone.jpg)

3 buttons on the bottom. Apple is famous for employing the simplicity of a single front facing button of which now CTRL-C Sammy has copied....again.

Big.Mac.Daddy
Jun 6, 2012, 08:49 PM
Ok we know Apple thinks the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone

We do? You have a source on that claim?

DanteMann
Jun 6, 2012, 08:59 PM
Absolutely Not. Only Apple and their lawyers would think they look the same. Apple is being shameful in trying to even suggest it. I find it even hilarious. I don't think you'll find even the hardcore sheep saying they look the same in anyway other than their both a candybar form factor. It was only a matter time before Apple showed their true colors. Yellow.

----------

We do? You have a source on that claim?

Try using Google next time.

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2012/06/apple-looking-to-ban-samsung-galaxy-s3-in-the-u-s/

Stella
Jun 6, 2012, 09:01 PM
No.

In fact, I wish Apple would let users customize their home screens like the S3!

Quite frankly, as much as I like iOS, its boring. I laugh at the "home screen" thread thats on iPhone forums... each and every un-jail broken home screen looks exactly the same.

Vegastouch
Jun 6, 2012, 09:04 PM
3 buttons on the bottom. Apple is famous for employing the simplicity of a single front facing button of which now CTRL-C Sammy has copied....again.

Dude that button has been on every Galaxy device since its inception. The USA versions just didnt get them til now. Only the UK phones had them. I prefer all capacitive buttons to physical button.

Of course Apple is trying to ban the GS3 in the USA....its their best source for sales and is going to take a big hit here in this one.

Big.Mac.Daddy
Jun 6, 2012, 09:05 PM
Try using Google next time.

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2012/06/apple-looking-to-ban-samsung-galaxy-s3-in-the-u-s/

Try reading next time.

It says right in your link that the lawsuit to ban the S3 isn't about how it physically looks like the OP was saying.

the Galaxy S III infringes upon two Apple patents -*U.S. Patent Nos.*8,086,604*and No.*5,946,647. The first has to do with “unified search,” while the second involves*”links for structures.”

batting1000
Jun 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
This is the most ludicrous thread I've ever seen. How could anyone mistake these two phones?

DanteMann
Jun 6, 2012, 09:12 PM
Try reading next time.

It says right in your link that the lawsuit to ban the S3 isn't about how it physically looks like the OP was saying.

From CNET (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57448486-37/apple-wants-to-keep-samsungs-galaxy-s3-out-of-u.s/?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=News-Apple) This quote is also in my original source link.

Meanwhile, an Apple spokesperson told CNET in an e-mailed statement today, "It's no coincidence that Samsung's latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad, from the shape of the hardware to the user interface and even the packaging, This kind of blatant copying is wrong, and we need to protect Apple's intellectual property when companies steal our ideas."

I don't know, I think the GS3 falls under the latest product category. What do you think?
BTW, the OP only said Apple thinks the GS3 looks like the iPhone. I don't think anyone here says that Apple request to ban the S3 is based off the devices looking similar. In which case you should take your own advice: "Try reading next time."

btw, no hard feelings.

ct2k7
Jun 6, 2012, 09:14 PM
yep 100%

/sarcasm.

Jett0516
Jun 6, 2012, 09:17 PM
I bet Apple secretly thinks the GS3 looks sexy. ;)

onthecouchagain
Jun 6, 2012, 09:31 PM
Honestly, if you don't flip the SIII around to the back, it actually looks nicer than the iPhone. I think the back of the SIII is hideous, while the front looks quite nice.

Conversely, I think the front of the iPhone looks bad (something about the large and unused bezel looks, I don't know, comical now...), but the sides/back are gorgeous.

: shrug :

The SIII's front is really quite beautiful:

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/s3-new-5.jpg

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/s3-new-2.jpg

IMO.

PS. Sorry about the large sizes.

hakuna-matata
Jun 6, 2012, 09:35 PM
what a dumb question..of course they DOOOO look alike..:eek::p

Timzer
Jun 6, 2012, 09:45 PM
Honestly, if you don't flip the SIII around to the back, it actually looks nicer than the iPhone. I think the back of the SIII is hideous, while the front looks quite nice.

Conversely, I think the front of the iPhone looks bad (something about the large and unused bezel looks, I don't know, comical now...), but the sides/back are gorgeous.

Image (http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/s3-new-5.jpg)

Image (http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/s3-new-2.jpg)

IMO.

For me when it comes to looks in general (phones, cars, people, etc...), I find it's the ones where the looks grow on you that have the longest life. And when you read most of the reviews of the GS3, people are saying it looks better in person than in pics or video. In fact the people that originally didn't like the looks in general are now warming up to the design when you read all the blogs. They also are strongly expressing that it feels incredibly comfortable in the hand. Samsung made the right choice with the design. I don't like white, but for some reason I think it looks good on this phone. I'll actually be picking up a white one.

AbyssImpact
Jun 6, 2012, 09:46 PM
I hope Apple wins this suit. The SG3 looks exactly the same as the iPhone. I can't even imagine how Samsung thought that this was not copying the iPhone.

Apple4life.

einmusiker
Jun 6, 2012, 09:53 PM
1. I couldn't care less what it looks like

2. they look nothing alike

Big.Mac.Daddy
Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 PM
What's the term for when someone bends the truth and gets everyone else to believe it and run with the false truth the way the OP has?

DanteMann
Jun 6, 2012, 10:14 PM
What's the term for when someone bends the truth and gets everyone else to believe it and run with the false truth the way the OP has?

Buddy forget the OP, what's your answer to my response to you. Do you have something against FACTS?

onthecouchagain
Jun 6, 2012, 10:43 PM
For me when it comes to looks in general (phones, cars, people, etc...), I find it's the ones where the looks grow on you that have the longest life. And when you read most of the reviews of the GS3, people are saying it looks better in person than in pics or video. In fact the people that originally didn't like the looks in general are now warming up to the design when you read all the blogs. They also are strongly expressing that it feels incredibly comfortable in the hand. Samsung made the right choice with the design. I don't like white, but for some reason I think it looks good on this phone. I'll actually be picking up a white one.

What you described is precisely my position, not just regarding its aesthetics, but also the software and overall features. My initial response was that it was a mediocre update, but after reading, watching videos, learning more about its features, and seeing more screen shots of the device itself, it's grown on me. I can't believe I've been saying this, but: I actually don't mind TouchWiz. And I can't wait to try the device out in person at stores.

The SIII is an incredibly significant upgrade from the SII (far more significant than the 4S was to the 4. And even though I'm rooting for an awesome iPhone update, I'm going to bet also a more significant update than even the iPhone 5/6th Gen will be to the 4S).

Having said that, I'm still going to hang tight to my GSM Galaxy Nexus to see what the new iPhone and new Nexus devices bring later this year before I make any moves.

And I still think the back of the SIII is hideous. -_-'

SurferMan
Jun 6, 2012, 10:54 PM
Having said that, I'm still going to hang tight to my GSM Galaxy Nexus to see what the new iPhone and new Nexus devices bring later this year before I make any moves.

And I still think the back of the SIII is hideous. -_-'Yeh I'm interested in seeing what the next Nexus devices are like later this year, and hopefully they don't gimp them on the camera again. Kinda hoping we'll still see some kick ass phones in the 4.3" range, that's what I love most about my GSII, just a great size being not small nor big. I'm fine for now though as this phone just kicks plain ass on shostock2 Rom. I'm going to have to see how the GSIII and others in the 4.8" range feel in actual use.

And pry replace the 4S with the next iPhone on that line too.

Timzer
Jun 7, 2012, 07:19 PM

I don't know the term, but you should as that's what your doing with your insulting post. Where am I bending the truth? You've just been schooled by another poster and attack me rather than answer him/her. How embarrassing.

0m3ga
Jun 7, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ok we know Apple thinks the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone, but do you actually agree with this. Will the average shopper pick up a Galaxy S3 and think they are holding an iPhone?

If you beleve the S3 looks like an iPhone, then the same can be said for the iPhone looking like the LG Prada. Who is copying whom again?

http://static.seekingalpha.com/wp-content/seekingalpha/images/iphonevske850wm.jpg

Dangerous Theory
Jun 7, 2012, 07:31 PM
They look about as similar as any phone does. I love my GS3 design overall. The front is amazing but i do agree the back is a little lacklustre, especially the speaker and LED either side of the camera. Anyway, thats by the by because i don't spend time staring at the back.

Some of the so called patent infringements Apple are calling Samsung out over are so ridiculous and petty they shouldn't even be patentable. Some things just HAVE to be similar across hardware and software platforms. I can't stand patent monopolisation.

lordofthereef
Jun 7, 2012, 07:53 PM
They looks about as different as they possibly can look while still keeping a rectangular screen and a common aspect ratio.

Lindenhurst
Jun 7, 2012, 08:04 PM
image (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lk33t_0mohy/t6o3qwuaxci/aaaaaaaaabq/0aklyujkes8/s1600/galaxy_s_iii_iphone.jpg)

i dont think the gs3 looks like an iphone. The gs3 in that picture looks much better imo.

+1

b166er
Jun 7, 2012, 09:03 PM
the SIII is the first phone running Android to really make me curious. I think it looks great, and all the demos I've seen make me want to spend a couple hours with one. I'm not ready to jump ship or anything, but I think that Samsung is the biggest threat to the iPhone. They are really starting to "get it" unlike the other Android manufacturers out there. My very first cell was a Samsung and that thing was a tank- I've always admired their build quality.

Kinda hope one of my friends picks up an SIII soon so I can check it out.

Sir Ruben
Jun 8, 2012, 04:27 AM
I would certainly hope nobody mistakes that massive chunk of plastic for a the gorgeous stainless steel and glass iPhone. If they do they may need glasses.

netdog
Jun 8, 2012, 04:31 AM
Yes, it looks like an iPhone.

Ever since Google copied iOS, you're bound to have slim rectangular bricks that are all screen.

ChazUK
Jun 8, 2012, 06:38 AM

Ever since Google copied iOS, you're bound to have slim rectangular bricks that are all screen.

O'rly?

http://www.htc.com/managed-assets/www/smartphones/htc-chacha/marquee/handphone.png

Six8
Jun 8, 2012, 06:54 AM
No, no I don't think it looks like an iPhone.

Six8
Jun 8, 2012, 06:54 AM

Smh

matttye
Jun 8, 2012, 06:56 AM
When did Apple say they think it looks like an iPhone?

From my understanding, the current round of lawsuits involve S-Voice, not the look of the phone itself. I know it's really hard to keep up with the petty squabbling so you can be forgiven for not realising that :p

PacificBeach
Jun 24, 2012, 05:56 PM

Image (http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/s3-new-5.jpg)

Image (http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/s3-new-2.jpg)

IMO.

Man these pics make my white iphone look dated, thick and shows that it has too much wasted space on the front THAT should have been used for screen space :mad:

ndpuckhead
Jun 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
No more than a Chevy looks like a Ford. These threads are really getting stupid. If you really care what someone else buys for a phone,you need to get a life, or a girlfriend.

Twixt
Jun 24, 2012, 06:11 PM

Image (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LK33t_0MoHY/T6O3QwuAXcI/AAAAAAAAABQ/0AkLyUJKEs8/s1600/galaxy_s_iii_iphone.jpg)

iPhone on this picture looks outdated. This home button is so old looking ...

Indy21
Jun 24, 2012, 06:21 PM
Geez! The screen of the GIII is the same size as the entire iPhone! LoL :D

I have to admit, I love the iPhone and all but if Apple won't up the screen size this time around...hmmmm, well, ya know....:rolleyes:

Calidude
Jun 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
It looks like crap.

PacificBeach
Jun 24, 2012, 06:46 PM

Image (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LK33t_0MoHY/T6O3QwuAXcI/AAAAAAAAABQ/0AkLyUJKEs8/s1600/galaxy_s_iii_iphone.jpg)

Man these pics make my white iphone look dated, thick and shows that it has too much wasted space on the front THAT should have been used for screen space :mad:

Vegastouch
Jun 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
iPhone on this picture looks outdated. This home button is so old looking ...

That home button is sooo 2007 :p

joshwithachance
Jun 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
The Galaxy S III doesn't even look that much larger than the iPhone. And it's rather good looking as well. Hmmmm...

Darthdingo
Jun 24, 2012, 09:22 PM

That picture, just makes the iPhone look so outdated, it's not fair. Seriously, if you are buying a new phone now, who the hell would get an iPhone over the Galaxy S3, don't be an iSheep, use your brain.

The iPhone still has a home screen with the app drawer always open look :( And that huge bezel on the top and bottom, such wasted space, modern phones should have edge to edge screen, and very little bezel around. And that thumb button LOL, wow, that thing has got to go already.

Lindenhurst
Jun 24, 2012, 09:28 PM
A carbon copy. Come on now with these time wasting threads!

bigchief
Jun 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
If Apple doesn't up the screen size on the 5 they will lose a whole lot folks.

ET iPhone Home
Jun 24, 2012, 10:45 PM
This convinces me the next iPhone will be different.

ixodes
Jun 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
I blame Visio for making them mirror images of each other.

I can't tell which is which. It's quite a problem. Even my sales rep at Sony couldn't tell them apart. And he is an expert when it comes to Sharp Smartphones.

Even the side by side comparison at GSMArena doesn't help. I guess it just doesn't matter.

CallOfDuty
Jun 25, 2012, 03:58 AM
No it does not ! People should just fix their eyes. Those assumptions that people are saying that oh it looks like an iPhone is just basically driving aPple to sue more and innovate less.

einmusiker
Jun 25, 2012, 09:51 AM
I just cant belive people think they look alike. Do you think that a lamborghini and a prius look alike too? Lol

SMIDG3T
Jun 25, 2012, 10:14 AM
Yup

Total copy

Yep. Totally agree with you.....apart from 2 things. The screen on the S3 is WAY too big and also that S3 is made out of plastic S ** T.

----------

Surely they will! I can't see Apple keeping the same screen size.

Lindenhurst
Jun 25, 2012, 01:15 PM
I just cant belive people think they look alike. Do you think that a lamborghini and a prius look alike too? Lol

Toyota copied the wedge shape from Lambo. Thats too funny.:D

nooaah
Jun 25, 2012, 01:16 PM
The original Galaxy was a complete ripoff of the 4 and the iOS design, in general. The S3 is gorgeous and unique, though.

Edited.

http://www.theiphonespot.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/galaxy-s-vs-iphone-4.jpg

kdarling
Jun 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
The original Galaxy was a complete ripoff of the 4 and the iOS design, in general. The S3 is gorgeous and unique, though.

That's a manipulated comparison photo. They're actually different sizes. I do agree that Samsung used similar visual cues, but of course the extra buttons, larger screen, widgets, and big SAMSUNG logo should've been big hints to buyers.

nooaah
Jun 25, 2012, 01:31 PM
That's a manipulated comparison photo. They're actually different sizes. Of course, the extra buttons, widgets, and big SAMSUNG logo would've been big hints to buyers, too.

Most people should get that, but there's no denying the design was beyond similar.

estrides
Jun 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
i go through threads like these to see who got the highest amount of downvotes. :rolleyes:

I think all smartphones have their similarities...to say that one copied the other is ridiculous.[COLOR="#808080"]

cynics
Jun 25, 2012, 01:54 PM

You think that's a new feature? Lol

Regardless the physical button is the worst thing about the phone. I'd much rather have software buttons on screen since they can never wear out.

LIVEFRMNYC
Jun 25, 2012, 01:56 PM
I'm not to fond of the home button on the S3. A smaller one would have made it look more clean.

Twixt
Jun 25, 2012, 06:51 PM

including me

PerplexShyt
Jun 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
if the iphone was never invented, would the Galaxy still look like that?

No it would not. SAMSUNG = COPYING IDEAS

oneapplegeek
Jun 25, 2012, 07:15 PM
I don't think they copied the design. It's just normal trend, and Samsung touch screen phones just look like that before iPhone came out. I think it looks still better than iPhone although I love my iPhone still. :)

Sedrick
Jun 25, 2012, 08:39 PM
This just in: Mr. George Antrobus sues every wheel maker on the planet for making their wheels 'round'.

cdmoore74
Jun 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
Sure they look the same. Same as a mini cooper vs a Ford f150. They both have 4 wheels, a windshield, head lights and horn. Jesus christ!!!

cynics
Jun 25, 2012, 09:44 PM
Most people should get that, but there's no denying the design was beyond similar.

Yeah its weird, when you Photoshop the phones changing the size and dimensions they look very similar! :rolleyes:

cdmoore74
Jun 26, 2012, 12:15 AM
I don't get a lot of you people. Would you buy a Kia only because it looks like a Mercedes? Are people that dumb to say if it looks like an iPhone, feels like an iPhone well then, it is a iPhone? People act like Android devices provide the exact same experiences as an iPhone and should be classified as total ripoffs. Anyone believing that are complete morons. Both platforms have their positives and negatives; live with it. There is a night and day difference between using my Galaxy Nexus vs my wife's iPhone.

faroZ06
Jun 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
Yup

Total copy

Are you being sarcastic? I'd sooner mistake a C6 Corvette Z06 for a Ferrari F430.

----------

The Galaxy would not look like that if it weren't for the iPhone, and I agree that they copy ideas, but the question is: "So do you think the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone." Wait where's the question mark? Anyway, the answer is that this does not look like an iPhone.

0m3ga
Jun 26, 2012, 02:00 AM

Facepalm... Seriously, do any of you Diehard fans bother to actually look into the history of these phoneto find out what you say is bulls#@t?

FYI - google Samsung f700, as well as LG Prada. Look famiiar to an iPhone that was released in 2007? Was Apple first with this design? Doesn't appear that way.

So to answer your question, if the iphone was never invented, would the S3 look like it does? Answer is: Probably. Samsung had the design for the black candybar style phone between 2005-2006.

And by the way, you know that awesome notification bar on your iphone... You can thank Google for that. Apple = copying ideas. When will people stop believing rumors passed on from one fanboy to the next, without even bothering to verify facts? It's sad.

On the flipside, Samsung has most def copied some of Apple's products. I have a Galaxy tab and while the display is similar looking, it is the power cord and connector that are a dead rip off of Apples products. You can actually get confused on which plug goes to which device. And why Samsung made their tabs with this connector is beyond me, since everything else uses micro usb connectors.
So, i can agree that Samsung stole ideas from Apple and Apple stole ideas from Google, and possibly Apple stole ideas from Samsung.

Point is, Apple ain't no saint. No company can be and expect to run an empire.

Technarchy
Jun 26, 2012, 02:27 AM
I'm not to fond of the home button on the S3. A smaller one would have made it look more clean.

The input lag is no gem either.

mrsir2009
Jun 26, 2012, 02:30 AM
This thread is stupid, straight up.

ChazUK
Jun 26, 2012, 02:31 AM
The input lag is no gem either.

Can't say I experience that myself.

Exio
Jun 26, 2012, 02:42 AM

Yea...too bad the S3 has 3 buttons on the bottom. 1 physical and 2 capacitive on either side.

It's really funny how many of you think Samsung's every design move is a copy or spin off of Apple's. It gets to a certain degree where the phones HAVE to look the same on certain points in order to function. Using the logic some of you have, Porsche copied Honda, because some of their contours are similar.

----------

Yep. Totally agree with you.....apart from 2 things. The screen on the S3 is WAY too big and also that S3 is made out of plastic S ** T.

Okay, using your logic;

The screen on the 4S is WAY too small, and also that 4S is made out of glass ****** that is extremely easy to break.

PerplexShyt
Jun 27, 2012, 09:36 AM
rather have strong glass, than plastic ***** anyday. Why don't you samsung boys go back to your yard sales, and bargain dives, because when you have a plastic phone, it seems like you don't enjoy the finer things in life.

Sorry to be harsh, but PLASTIC? come on. Samsung has to resort to plastic because its cheaper. So all this phone is, is a sory a$$ plastic clone of an iphone 4.

No thanks. And to you samsung'ers. Have fun with your plastic crap :D

kdarling
Jun 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
rather have strong glass, than plastic ***** anyday. Why don't you samsung boys go back to your yard sales, and bargain dives, because when you have a plastic phone, it seems like you don't enjoy the finer things in life.

So... you refused to own the first three years of iPhone models, because they didn't have glass backs?

Technarchy
Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
The iPhone gave birth to the basic form of the smartphone as we know it today.

Take a look at phones pre iPhone and post iPhone and it's clear whose following whom in terms o general design.

As for the Galaxy S3, it looks like a cheap smartphone. That faux metal accent is tacky and the back plate is probably the worst on any phone in the last couple of years. The pebble blue is especially horrid, with the faux aluminum high gloss finish. The white is better but not by much.

It's clear Samsung cheaped out on materials to keep cost down. The exterior build and screen are embarrassing.

The iPhone is made from glass and stainless steel. Nothing looks or feels cheap about it.

Lindenhurst
Jun 27, 2012, 10:17 AM

Sorry to be harsh, but PLASTIC? come on. Samsung has to resort to plastic because its cheaper. So all this phone is, is a sory a$$ plastic clone of an iphone 4.

Let me guess your age......14?

An iPhone is a "finer" thing in life? Wow.....thats all I can say.

0m3ga
Jun 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
The iPhone gave birth to the basic form of the smartphone as we know it today.

Take a look at phones pre iPhone and post iPhone and it's clear whose following whom in terms o general design.

As for the Galaxy S3, it looks like a cheap smartphone. That faux metal accent is tacky and the back plate is probably the worst on any phone in the last couple of years. The pebble blue is especially horrid, with the faux aluminum high gloss finish. The white is better but not by much.

It's clear Samsung cheaped out on materials to keep cost down. The exterior build and screen are embarrassing.

The iPhone is made from glass and stainless steel. Nothing looks or feels cheap about it.
LOL. You guys are so clueless. You haven't even seen an S3, let alone know what it is made of. All you know how to do is talk like a parrot and repeat the propoganda your weak mind has accepted.

As for the iPhone. It doesn't feel cheap, just fragile. I always had to keep it in a case, for fear of it breaking. And now it just looks old and outdated. Feels like a brick and not comfortable in the hand. i'll take the S3 anyday over the 4S. But I can actually make this decision based off actually OWNING both.

Fireblade
Jun 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
Damn, the display on the iPhone looks pitiful in comparsion :eek:.

Could be also a wrist watch.

einmusiker
Jun 27, 2012, 10:45 AM
Dont get me wrong i loved the iphone when i used one, but after using android for the past year i LOVE the integration wirh google, the customization, the big beautiful screen and the 4G speed (with free tethering). I have an ipad for my ios apps but i am so excited for ICS and my s3. The iphone 4s is small, slow and outdated to me. I hope the iphone 5 can catch up but they way theyve gone with maps I'm not holding my breath.

0m3ga
Jun 27, 2012, 10:45 AM

It's not made out of plastic, but I wuldn't expect a clueless monkey to know that. And that 4.8" monster weighs less than the little, tiny iPhone 4.

As for the finer things in life? Kid, I have owned more Apple stuff than you probably ever will. Talk with the grown-ups when you have graduated high-school and mommy and daddy aren't paying your way.

ChazUK
Jun 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
So... you refused to own the first three years of iPhone models, because they didn't have glass backs?

Wasn't the first generation one Metal?
http://reeed.ru/foto/apple_iphone_3g/en/6/06.jpg

Technarchy
Jun 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
LOL. You guys are so clueless. You haven't even seen an S3, let alone know what it is made of. All you know how to do is talk like a parrot and repeat the propoganda your weak mind has accepted.

As for the iPhone. It doesn't feel cheap, just fragile. I always had to keep it in a case, for fear of it breaking. And now it just looks old and outdated. Feels like a brick and not comfortable in the hand. i'll take the S3 anyday over the 4S. But I can actually make this decision based off actually OWNING both.

You mad, bro?

AceGuy78
Jun 27, 2012, 12:08 PM
If I see that phone from far away I won't think its an iPhone, while if someones holding an iPhone I can tell in a split second. So it doesn't even relatively look like an iPhone