PDA

View Full Version : Wat is the best anti-virus,firewall for the iPad ?

interinfo
Jun 7, 2012, 08:58 AM
I never see people discussing this ...

poloponies
Jun 7, 2012, 09:13 AM

Do you think there's a reason you don't see it? Part of Apple's reasoning behind their "closed" ecosystem is that it limits opportunities to exploit the device.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/06/04/apple-explains-why-ios-dont-need-no-steenkin-anti-virus/

Rodster
Jun 7, 2012, 09:14 AM
I don't see the need to use it. First off the iPad is in lock-down courtesy of Apple. Apps are only available after certification from Apple and that takes time and money and part of that is in regards to Malware and crashing the OS.

Safari pages into RAM memory and not NAND Flash. Even if you wanted to run AV it would hammer your battery as it takes resources to monitor files on your iPad for changes and malware.

ZBoater
Jun 7, 2012, 09:32 AM

Probably because there isn't one? :confused:

Night Spring
Jun 7, 2012, 09:42 AM
I don't see the need to use it. First off the iPad is in lock-down courtesy of Apple. Apps are only available after certification from Apple and that takes time and money and part of that is in regards to Malware and crashing the OS.

Safari pages into RAM memory and not NAND Flash. Even if you wanted to run AV it would hammer your battery as it takes resources to monitor files on your iPad for changes and malware.

Plus, AV programs would be against Apple's closed garden rules (since they would need to mess with other apps), so they wouldn't be allowed in the App store.

macbookflasher
Jun 9, 2012, 09:17 AM
I use Norton it working good :)