Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I have an obsession where I like to have my albums, artists and songs organized and written in one way, if that makes sense at all.

Anyway, I just don't like album titles have parentheses next to them like this for example:

Joe Walsh- Analog Man (Bonus Track Version)
Them Crooked Vultures- Them Crooked Vultures (Bonus Track Version)
Slash- Apocalyptic Love (Deluxe) [Feat. Myles Kennedy & Conspirators] - This one drives me nuts

I don't understand for the need to add those parentheses and what's additional to the CD. It makes my Library look so....cluttered, messy, longer. I just want the the name of the artist and album title. Some of these artists have multiple CDs, but without those extra junk. However, I do want the bonus tracks. Is there a way that I can get rid of the parentheses in my library?

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
Is there a way that I can get rid of the parentheses in my library?

Select all the tracks on a given album. Right click and select Get Info. Modify the album name to whatever you want. Click OK. Repeat for each album name you want to modify.

I have done this with all my albums as I agree it looks messy and the info is meaningless to me as far as my library goes.

chris007

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego
I second

Select all the tracks on a given album. Right click and select Get Info. Modify the album name to whatever you want. Click OK. Repeat for each album name you want to modify.

I have done this with all my albums as I agree it looks messy and the info is meaningless to me as far as my library goes.

I agree with LaWally. This is what I've done for any music that I've downloaded off of music blogs that comes formatted all wonky. It's just a bit time consuming depending on the formatting of the songs in your library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.