Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigben334

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
listen, u've heard it over and over, but i cant seem to find a thread that answers all of my questions. so, wat do u guys think i should do. buy a powerbook now???? or is there gonna be an update of this current powerbook like speed bump or watever?????? if there is should i buy that one????? cuz im scared of this whole "first mactels will be buggy" thing. are brand new, different computers really that dangerous to buy??? like, were the first g4 powerbooks very buggy???? i just want the best for me thats all. thanks for any advice

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Dude if you're basing a purchase decision on some theoretical product that will be released in a year or so then you just aren't serious about making a purchase now.

The Powerbooks only recently got a small speed bump and it isn't likely they will get another anytime soon so if you want a great laptop then stop procrastinating and just buy the damn thing!

bigben334

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
lol.....

bro r u serious lol??? man, im dying to buy a powerbook right now but i dont want to regret it wen i see an amazing, bug free mactel come out in a year, cuz anyway i really need it for college so i can wait another year, i am goin into my senior year in high school. so i can wait, but i definitely dont want to lol. so again, any advice would be welcomed. thanks

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
Well then if you can wait a year then I say do so, there will definatley be new and better PowerBooks by then. You don't need it right now so why get it? Just wait till the summer before college and you'll have the latest and greatest. Whether it'll be bug free or not, I can't tell you.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
bigben334 said:
bro r u serious lol??? man, im dying to buy a powerbook right now but i dont want to regret it wen i see an amazing, bug free mactel come out in a year, cuz anyway i really need it for college so i can wait another year, i am goin into my senior year in high school. so i can wait, but i definitely dont want to lol. so again, any advice would be welcomed. thanks

Why not get a Dell 2005FPW and a desktop now, and then in a year sell off the desktop and you will be left with a monitor. Then you can either get a Mactel laptop or you could get a PPC Powerbook for a lot cheaper, and you will have the external monitor for your dorm.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
bigben334 said:

The current PowerBook G4s are awesome laptops.But I would wait for the new PowerBooks w/ intel processors (fasters CPUs, better graphics chip, DDR2, SATA HDs (possibly), etc...). Doubt very much that there will be a bunch of bugs with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.