PDA

View Full Version : JK II.. simply amazing

Amadeus
Nov 4, 2002, 02:12 AM
Here is some sad and brutal truth.

I received my copy of JK II on Thursday morning. It ate up my entire weekend. I played it and played it all weekend. Basically, I only stopped playing to eat, sleep, and talk on the phone (telling my friends I was not coming out because I was addicted to this video game)

I have gotten more than my money's worth out of this game already -- and will probably get more (but not as hardcore as this weekend). I give it 5 stars. Simply amazing.

Anyone else care to share their pathetic stories?

I played the game on a PowerMac 667 (geforce 2mx) 1 gig RAM.. at 1024 x 768 and video settings to 'high'. I had a couple of performance issues at certain points, but nothing really worth complaining about -- it remained playable at all times.

Go for it -- sacrifice the money and the time and get this game... you won't regret it.

- Amadeus

beez7777
Nov 6, 2002, 08:11 PM
it ran smoothly on 1024x 768?
did you set everything to low? because when i was playin the demo with tthe graphic settings on high, i was getting maybe 3-5 fps, and im on an lcd iMac 800, with a geforce 4 mx (32mb). only after i set verything low was t running smooth. very cool game though

bousozoku
Nov 9, 2002, 09:26 PM
Yeah, the game is great on my dual 800 too, thanks to the Quake III engine. I haven't tried it at a higher resolution yet--I play others in default rez too. Everything is smooth but not so easy to figure out. I always promise myself not to buy those guides, but...maybe...

beatle888
Nov 9, 2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by beez7777
it ran smoothly on 1024x 768?
did you set everything to low? because when i was playin the demo with tthe graphic settings on high, i was getting maybe 3-5 fps, and im on an lcd iMac 800, with a geforce 4 mx (32mb). only after i set verything low was t running smooth. very cool game though

me too, but im on a Tibook 667 with 512 of ram
and a 16MB graphics card.....

when the settings were set to high the frame
rates were horrible. i can play quake and giants
fine...its strange.

BenderBot1138
Nov 9, 2002, 09:44 PM
Runs great on a Powerbook G4 800MHz at any resolution and highest color option setting.

My midiclorine level just went up a notch with this game... thanks Aspyr. :cool:

ecino1
Nov 9, 2002, 10:31 PM
I realize its a game you're all speaking of, but what is it called? JK II? I'm not much of a gamer but occasionally play warcraft III and starcraft. By the way you are all talking about this game it dosent soung like it even has a chance to run on my mac g4 400 machine.

insidedanshead
Nov 9, 2002, 11:05 PM
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II
---
I have a 733 G4 with a GeForce 2mx and a gig o ram.. and i can hardely play the game I don't have the patience for its ridiculous load times.. game play is OK at 1024 768.. a bit choppier than it should be.. and im on a mixture of high and low settings.. I'm thinking about buying a geforce 4 ti.. anyone think I should indulge or wait for the mac retail radeon 9700?

giovanni
Nov 19, 2002, 10:01 AM
how do you get to use that sword !?!?!?!

beez7777
Nov 19, 2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by giovanni
how do you get to use that sword !?!?!?!

ill assume you're talking about the lightsaber. im on the second level, maybe third, cant remember, and i have yet to encounter it. anyone know what level you get it? it was by far the coolest weapon in the demo.

8thDegreeSavage
Nov 19, 2002, 11:36 PM
A few more levels yet..then you go and train with Luke at some Jedi training place and you have to learn to use the force powers and eventually reclaim your lost/abandoned lightsaber

MacBandit
Nov 20, 2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by insidedanshead
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II
---
I have a 733 G4 with a GeForce 2mx and a gig o ram.. and i can hardely play the game I don't have the patience for its ridiculous load times.. game play is OK at 1024 768.. a bit choppier than it should be.. and im on a mixture of high and low settings.. I'm thinking about buying a geforce 4 ti.. anyone think I should indulge or wait for the mac retail radeon 9700?

I wouldn't worry about getting an ATI9700 the NVidia Geforce 4 Ti will max your 2x AGP Bus anyway. You would simply be wasting your money to get anything faster.

Here's a great price on the G4Ti.

http://www.megamacs.com/v1/?action=view&pid=1388099

giovanni
Nov 20, 2002, 10:04 AM
so before the point where you get to use the special sword, you will have to use the weapons supplied... which pretty much suck, I guess. Anyway, I guess I have a long way to go with this game, which is not a bad thing!

best,
gio