PDA

View Full Version : Is apple going to be stubborn enough not to put quickreply on ios6

Che Castro
Jun 8, 2012, 08:52 PM
I was expecting quick reply and quick compose in ios 5

I was shocked actually

So place your bets here

Will ios 6 have quick reply

The first thing you do once you jailbreak is get bitesms

I think is not going to have it , if i was putting money on it

kodeman53
Jun 8, 2012, 09:18 PM
This is related to iPhone Hacks how?

3bs
Jun 8, 2012, 09:23 PM

Apple frequently take ideas from jailbreak apps/tweaks.

Che Castro
Jun 8, 2012, 09:23 PM

For some reason the people who dont jailbreak tend to argue against a quick reply feature

At least last year they did in the other section

And i did throw in bitesms in my og post
So it belongs here

You ok with that ?

kodeman53
Jun 8, 2012, 09:26 PM
I guess rules apply to some and not others. I'm shocked. This thread is iOS related, not hacks related.

3bs
Jun 8, 2012, 09:27 PM
I guess rules apply to some and not others. I'm shocked. This thread is iOS related, not hacks related.

These hacks are made for iOS.

Che Castro
Jun 8, 2012, 09:36 PM

I think kodeman is auditioning for moderator

kodeman53
Jun 8, 2012, 09:38 PM

These hacks are created by programmers, so we should talk about programming in the hacks forum. And they're coded on Macs, so we should talk about Macs.

Your logic is brilliant. :rolleyes:

----------

I think kodeman is auditioning for moderator

It's the only position left since someone else just got the miscreant job.

HE15MAN
Jun 8, 2012, 09:40 PM
What's quick reply ?

HickDead
Jun 8, 2012, 09:43 PM
a) wrong section

b) That's what BiteSMS is for.

Che Castro
Jun 8, 2012, 09:58 PM
a) wrong section

b) That's what BiteSMS is for.

c) celtics are gonna beat the heat

eastercat
Jun 8, 2012, 10:06 PM
I've never installed bite sms, so don't assume.

QuarterSwede
Jun 8, 2012, 10:12 PM
As far as Apple is concerned they already did implement a quick reply function:

Reply from Lockscreen
Reply from Notification Banner
Reply from Notification Center

HickDead
Jun 8, 2012, 11:56 PM

Actually [BLEEP] BOTH the Celtics and the Heat......but in a 1-game "winner-take-all" battle, I hope the Celtics win!

Here's hoping that #6 on Miami suffers a career-ending injury! I hate that #$@%

Kayan
Jun 9, 2012, 01:42 AM
I bet they won't implement it, though I've always said that if they would do that, my motivation for JBing would be cut in half.

macingman
Jun 9, 2012, 01:57 AM
For some reason the people who dont jailbreak tend to argue against a quick reply feature

So because you think people won't agree with you, you won't post there?

Just put your thread in the right section please. Plus if you are to lazy to open up an app I really don't think you should be using an iPhone. :rolleyes:

ECUpirate44
Jun 9, 2012, 07:48 AM
1. I hope #6 doesn't have a career ending injury, I'd rather watch and take wagers on how long it will take him to win something significant.

2. For the record, I think this thread is in the right section.

3. If apple thinks the way they implemented quick reply is sufficient, I hope the iOS 6 jailbreak won't be too long of a wait. Their method of "quick reply" still requires you to leave whatever you were doing and go to the messages app.

takeshi74
Jun 9, 2012, 07:38 PM
Nope. Stop assuming that the first thing that you do is the first thing that all JB'ers do.

sixteen12
Jun 9, 2012, 10:39 PM
I doubt they will, and if they do I hope you can turn it off. I don't like bitesms quick reply. If I want to reply I'll go to the messaging app, otherwise I'll continue with what I was doing before the prompt interrupted me.

Che Castro
Jun 9, 2012, 10:43 PM
I doubt they will, and if they do I hope you can turn it off. I don't like bitesms quick reply. If I want to reply I'll go to the messaging app, otherwise I'll continue with what I was doing before the prompt interrupted me.

U know u have the option to use apples notification banner with bitesms right ?

Bitesms/settings/quick reply/alert style

And select use apple settings

To reply tap the banner

This is why this thread belongs in the hack section

QuarterSwede
Jun 9, 2012, 10:43 PM
Same here. I'm not a fan of BiteSMS/quickreply either.

Che Castro
Jun 9, 2012, 10:44 PM
I give up

Mods close this thread

QuarterSwede
Jun 9, 2012, 10:47 PM
Wouldn't matter to me. I come to almost all threads through the Forum Spy and on mobile it doesn't tell you what section it's in anyway.

twigman08
Jun 9, 2012, 11:29 PM

Really? Mind telling me where mine is at on my JB phone? Oh that's right I don't have it on my JB phone. Do not assume just because it was the first thing you installed.

Their are thousands of iPhone users out there. Just because a little group here wants it means nothing to the other crap load of iPhone users. I personally never liked BiteSMS or another messaging app that had QuickReply. I'll reply when I am ready to reply back. And I mean it is so hard to just go into the messaging app to reply back to something really quick.

Reach9
Jun 9, 2012, 11:51 PM
Knowing Apple, they might just be stubborn like that. Heck, they didn't even want to add a battery percentage on the iPhone 3G even if it was capable of reading it. :rolleyes:

Che Castro
Jun 9, 2012, 11:51 PM
Really? Mind telling me where mine is at on my JB phone? Oh that's right I don't have it on my JB phone. Do not assume just because it was the first thing you installed.

Their are thousands of iPhone users out there. Just because a little group here wants it means nothing to the other crap load of iPhone users. I personally never liked BiteSMS or another messaging app that had QuickReply. I'll reply when I am ready to reply back. And I mean it is so hard to just go into the messaging app to reply back to something really quick.

I guess your against quick compose too lol

gdjsnyder
Jun 10, 2012, 01:04 AM
Plus if you are to lazy to open up an app I really don't think you should be using an iPhone. :rolleyes:

So people who want a quick reply feature are lazy? Sometimes I'm reading something on my iPhone and I get a message that needs to be replied to, but I have to click on the notification center banner, then go to the messaging app, then double tap my home button and go back to what I was doing. So, because I wanted to keep my place on the page I was reading, or in the game I'm playing, or in the email I'm currently in the middle of- I'm lazy? Quick reply isn't a necessity, it's an added feature that will benefit many. Having to leave an app to go into another app to simply taking me away from what I'm doing.

I wonder how you felt about notifications in iOS prior to iOS 5. Did you say it's not hard to just click the close button for every notification. How did you feel about multitasking prior to iOS 4? Did you say I'll just scroll through my pages and find the app every time I want. How about picture messaging? Would you rather go to a website and type in a password to see a picture.

Claiming that someone who wants a feature not currently in iOS is lazy is mindless. Go back to iPhone OS 1, since obviously everything Apple adds makes you more and more lazy.

macingman
Jun 10, 2012, 02:02 AM
So people who want a quick reply feature are lazy? Sometimes I'm reading something on my iPhone and I get a message that needs to be replied to, but I have to click on the notification center banner, then go to the messaging app, then double tap my home button and go back to what I was doing. So, because I wanted to keep my place on the page I was reading, or in the game I'm playing, or in the email I'm currently in the middle of- I'm lazy? Quick reply isn't a necessity, it's an added feature that will benefit many. Having to leave an app to go into another app to simply taking me away from what I'm doing.

I wonder how you felt about notifications in iOS prior to iOS 5. Did you say it's not hard to just click the close button for every notification. How did you feel about multitasking prior to iOS 4? Did you say I'll just scroll through my pages and find the app every time I want. How about picture messaging? Would you rather go to a website and type in a password to see a picture.

Claiming that someone who wants a feature not currently in iOS is lazy is mindless. Go back to iPhone OS 1, since obviously everything Apple adds makes you more and more lazy.

Holy *****, did you not see my roll eyes face thing, I was being sarcastic.

afurry13
Jun 10, 2012, 12:08 PM

How'd that prediction go :p

chrono1081
Jun 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
I was expecting quick reply and quick compose in ios 5

I was shocked actually

So place your bets here

Will ios 6 have quick reply

I think is not going to have it , if i was putting money on it

Why do you feel they're being "stubborn"? If a suggestion isn't given through http://www.apple.com/feedback it hasn't been heard by Apple.

Bearxor
Jun 10, 2012, 01:51 PM
I've put a suggestion through that page for Apple with regards to this. I said I don't care if they just blatantly outright steal it, I want this feature stock. It is the only reason I jailbreak at all these days. I won't even upgrade hardware until it can be jail broken because my wife and I simply use BiteSMS quick reply too much.

LoganT
Jun 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
I guess your against quick compose too lol

I guess you're against apostrophes too. Lol.

dialed1
Jun 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
I don't think so, but always hoping for great features like this!

KylePowers
Jun 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
I would give my left foot for native quick reply/compose.

DDustiNN
Jun 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
As far as Apple is concerned they already did implement a quick reply function:

Reply from Lockscreen
Reply from Notification Banner
Reply from Notification Center

I don't think you understand what the Quick Reply feature does.

None of those are "quick reply" features. All they serve as are shortcuts that take you to the Messages app. I don't want that.

Quick Reply consists entirely of viewing and replying to a message all in a single pop-up box, OVER TOP of whatever app you're currently in. So you see the message, reply to it (or close, ignore, whatever), the box goes away, and your app never left the screen.

The way stock iOS 5 works, it completely leaves the app you were in, and goes to the Messages app. Once you're done replying, you have to leave the Messages app and manually switch back to the app you were working with. Personally I can't stand that... it's sort of a pain.

----------

Quick Reply is not mandatory, lol. Calm down buddy. It's just a pop-up, just like the one you get on iOS 5 anyway. If you don't want to reply, ignore/dismiss it.

And yes, switching to the Messaging app, replying, and switching back to your other app is much more tedious than not having to do it at all.

Some people have the silliest arguments.

"OMG, NO MORE OPTIONS PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Give me a break.

QuarterSwede
Jun 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
I don't think you understand what the Quick Reply feature does.

None of those are "quick reply" features. All they serve as are shortcuts that take you to the Messages app. I don't want that.

Quick Reply consists entirely of viewing and replying to a message all in a single pop-up box, OVER TOP of whatever app you're currently in. So you see the message, reply to it (or close, ignore, whatever), the box goes away, and your app never left the screen.

The way stock iOS 5 works, it completely leaves the app you were in, and goes to the Messages app. Once you're done replying, you have to leave the Messages app and manually switch back to the app you were working with. Personally I can't stand that... it's sort of a pain.
Oh I get what quick reply is (I've used it). Apple just doesn't care as that's not how they want iOS to work. It's really that simple.

Che Castro
Jun 10, 2012, 11:52 PM
I guess you're against apostrophes too. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrIj4I7ecg

Leet Apple
Jun 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
if they don't add it that will be a shame, its very useful

kodeman53
Jun 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
So it belongs here

You ok with that ?

Wow, I guess this thread didn't belong in the iPhone Hacks forum after all. :D

3bs
Jun 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
Wow, I guess this thread didn't belong in the iPhone Hacks forum after all. :D

I still think it belonged there :p

if they don't add it that will be a shame, its very useful

Unfortunately it looks like they didn't.

Hastings101
Jun 12, 2012, 02:50 AM
No, it won't have it. Apple wants users to switch into a specific app to do a specific thing, not do multiple things from anywhere in the OS*. I think it's just the way they want users to use iOS. Maybe it helps them sell more apps or something.

*Excluding Twitter and Facebook which are for some odd reason the exception to the rule.