PDA

View Full Version : FA: Powerbook Titanium 1Ghz / 60GB / 512 / Superdrive / Airport

ichoosedeath
Jul 17, 2005, 11:29 AM
I noticed that sometimes my PowerBook goes for top dollar on eBay (lord only knows why), but I decided to try and auction it, with a pretty high reserve and see if it sells or not (I set it high as I don't really need to sell it, but hey, if it goes for as much as some do, I'll let it go!).

Specs are as follows:

Powerbook Titanium 1 Ghz
64MB Video
512MB PC133 SDRAM
60GB HDD
Superdrive
Airport
Applecare (Almost a year left!)

Other than some scratches on the Battery and bottom, she's pretty minty. If you would like to check it out, please click the link below!

Thanks
-Drew

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790118930

EDIT: The Powerbook didn't go (20 people watching however), anyways, I will hear offers/trades for this guy. I am looking for portibles mostly!

-Drew

mbl42
Jul 18, 2005, 03:00 AM
I'll trade you for a 14" 1.07GHz iBook G4 768MB RAM 80GB HD Combo Drive w/Airport and Incase bag in good condition. I will give you a fresh install of Tiger with it too. And if that's not enough, I have a little bit of cash, an Apple mouse, and a Logitech MX518 mouse.

ReanimationLP
Jul 18, 2005, 07:16 AM
lol... I'd hate to tell you how much that Powerbook is worth over that iBook. x.x

louis_sx
Jul 18, 2005, 08:19 AM
They go for a ton because they're the fastest laptop around that can also run OS 9.

ichoosedeath
Jul 18, 2005, 09:11 AM
I'll trade you for a 14" 1.07GHz iBook G4 768MB RAM 80GB HD Combo Drive w/Airport and Incase bag in good condition. I will give you a fresh install of Tiger with it too. And if that's not enough, I have a little bit of cash, an Apple mouse, and a Logitech MX518 mouse.

Hmmm, I'd really have to Newton that one for awhile :)

ichoosedeath
Jul 18, 2005, 09:22 AM
I forgot to mention she has applecare on her for *almost* another year!

snoboardguy21
Jul 18, 2005, 10:42 AM
I'll make a better offer. I'll trade ya a late 2004 14" iBook 1.33GHz with 768 MB of RAM and an 80GB hard drive. All other specs are the same as current iBook. Also has 2 years of Applecare remaining. It's in the same condition as your TiBook, with only minor scratches on the bottom and battery. Paid well over $1500 for it just a few months ago. The only thing it hasn't got is Tiger, but 10.3.9 is wonderful on an iBook, it just speeds along. Also includes a Like new 14" iBook bag, fits like a charm. I can send pictures too!

ichoosedeath
Jul 18, 2005, 10:53 AM
I'll make a better offer. I'll trade ya a late 2004 14" iBook 1.33GHz with 768 MB of RAM and an 80GB hard drive. All other specs are the same as current iBook. Also has 2 years of Applecare remaining. It's in the same condition as your TiBook, with only minor scratches on the bottom and battery. Paid well over $1500 for it just a few months ago. The only thing it hasn't got is Tiger, but 10.3.9 is wonderful on an iBook, it just speeds along. Also includes a Like new 14" iBook bag, fits like a charm. I can send pictures too!

Hmmm, that's definately a better deal.. However, before I make any decisions on things like that, I would like to wait for the auction to end (only a day and a half left).. If it doesn't sell, I will definately accept offers!

Thanks!
-Drew

mbl42
Jul 18, 2005, 11:01 AM
I just might place a bid... :)

dsharits
Jul 18, 2005, 11:04 AM
Man, that PB looks good! I always liked the TiBooks over the AluBooks. Too bad I'm not looking for a replacement for my iBook. :p

ichoosedeath
Jul 18, 2005, 11:09 AM
I just might place a bid... :)

Go for it my good sir.. I promise you won't be disappointed in it! :)

Man, that PB looks good! I always liked the TiBooks over the AluBooks. Too bad I'm not looking for a replacement for my iBook. :p

Thanks.. Yes, I have been a fan of the TiBook over the aluminum PBs as well.. And with the 1MB of L3 Cache, she still zips along pretty quick.

Might be good to also mention that she runs and Core image like a champ :)

Rod Rod
Jul 18, 2005, 03:43 PM
Might be good to also mention that she runs and Core image like a champ :)
Beautiful laptop - you must be sad to let it go. Anyway, it does Quartz Extreme like a champ and doesn't do Core Image at all (in the GPU anyway).

ichoosedeath
Jul 18, 2005, 03:47 PM
Beautiful laptop - you must be sad to let it go. Anyway, it does Quartz Extreme like a champ and doesn't do Core Image at all (in the GPU anyway).

Hmmm, Maybe at the hardware level you are correct. But I have run it on my PM G5 2.0's and it seems to look the same? I thought the ATI 9000 Chip could, but I guess it's the 9600 and up... Bummer.

Anyways, thanks for the info!

Rod Rod
Jul 18, 2005, 03:52 PM
Anyways, thanks for the info!
You're welcome. -link (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/coreimage/)-

ichoosedeath
Jul 18, 2005, 10:07 PM
Less than 24 hours left!!

ichoosedeath
Jul 19, 2005, 01:10 PM
After thinking on it.. I don't think I would trade. I know for certain I could turn this around and get $1200 for it. If I really needed to get rid of it for something new, i could just do that, and buy new..

Anyways, 6 hours to go.. Bid up players.

ichoosedeath
Jul 19, 2005, 07:18 PM
I'll be Jiggered.. It didn't go! I knew a decent starting price would kick me in the butt..

Anyways, if anyone has any offers on this guy, please PM me, or eMail:

ichoosedeathatadelphiadotnet

ichoosedeath
Jul 19, 2005, 11:19 PM
I will also consider trades of the portible variety + - Cash, etc. I am willing to pay for an upgrade :)

madmaxmedia
Jul 20, 2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah, you sort of had a double whammy there- high starting bid AND reserve price. Having just one is not too bad, having both will scare away bidders.

How many watchers did you have the last day or 2?

If you really wanted to sell (sounds like you weren't sure), just starting the auction at a reasonable $499 (or even just $9) with no reserve will get you the best price. Or if you don't want to do that, have a higher starting bid but no reserve. I often don't bother watching reserve auctions in My EBay, because I figure the reserve is quite possibly above market value anyways.

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 20, 2005, 01:00 AM
I just sold the same Powerbook on eBay last week with a .01 starting bid and a 1200 reserve and it sold for 1400.

I assure you they get up there. Good luck.

ichoosedeath
Jul 20, 2005, 09:33 AM
I just sold the same Powerbook on eBay last week with a .01 starting bid and a 1200 reserve and it sold for 1400.

I assure you they get up there. Good luck.

Hmm, maybe I will relist it that way. Usually I start off very low, but like I was saying, I didn't *need* to get rid of this guy, I would just like to give it a good home.

Anyways, thanks for the info, I will give it a whirl!

[B]Also, I have recieved some interesting trades.. Keep 'em coming![B]

-Drew